Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 60.
    #2101 3 years ago

On the up side Joe did claim that our books are now valued at 90 bucks, so we all got a bargain. Yo Joe, most of that alleged increased "value" is due to 4 years of inflation and/or increased costs--the rest is your inflated opinion of your work (well, the interns work).

#2102 3 years ago

If the sales price is $90, do books sell much at that price?

#2103 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

lol, it'll turn into "ebay shipping".

Waiting for the crazy shipping prices.

#2104 3 years ago

Shipping should be free because of the delay! Or at least what shipping would have cost when the book was supposed to have been completed.

#2105 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Depends on the book really. High end art books with low print runs can run over $100 easily. I've also bought some oversized comics hardcovers (DC absolute editions) that are over $100 each, but those are printed on heavy stock and often with new colour restorations. Then again, that Art of Atari book from a few years back was only $30 or something, but that went much more mass market, so you never know. Volume is probably the biggest contributor, and this is going to what-300 people?

#2106 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Depends on the book really. High end art books with low print runs can run over $100 easily. I've also bought some oversized comics hardcovers (DC absolute editions) that are over $100 each, but those are printed on heavy stock and often with new colour restorations. Then again, that Art of Atari book from a few years back was only $30 or something, but that went much more mass market, so you never know. Volume is probably the biggest contributor, and this is going to what-300 people?

I have a feeling this will be up for sale on Amazon before I ever see my copy...

#2107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

On the up side Joe did claim that our books are now valued at 90 bucks, so we all got a bargain. Yo Joe, most of that alleged increased "value" is due to 4 years of inflation and/or increased costs--the rest is your inflated opinion of your work (well, the interns work).

I'm happy to sell my (non-existant ?) book back to Joe for $90. I won't even charge him shipping, he can just not send it to me in the first place.

#2108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Wow, well in that case by the time anyone actually gets their books they could be worth $900, what’s the inflation rate projected to be by 2052?

#2109 3 years ago

Can’t wait for the international shipping prices.....

#2110 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t wait for the international shipping prices.

Just fly over & pick it up yourself.

#2112 3 years ago

Touché!

#2113 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Can’t wait for the international shipping prices.....

$60+ for Canada.

#2114 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Just fly over & pick it up yourself.

Probably be cheaper - except we have to apply to Australian Border Security to leave the country - not sure if “picking up pinball book” would pass as essential travel. And then I have to quarantine for 2 weeks in a Quarantine Hotel at my own cost when I return. At least I’d have the best pinball book ever made to read.

#2115 3 years ago

Is that an actual number from a backerkit?

#2116 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Is that an actual number from a backerkit?

Yes. Mine was the $125 pledge level with a shirt, and the shipping was $62. I added the poster as an add on, and got bumped to $72. What a joke. Will be happy once this Kickstarter is done.

#2117 3 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Yes. Mine was the $125 pledge level with a shirt, and the shipping was $62. I added the poster as an add on, and got bumped to $72. What a joke. Will be happy once this Kickstarter is done.

That is unreal. I might eat the buck twenty five rather than throw JoeDP that much more money to ship.

#2118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

That is unreal. I might eat the buck twenty five rather than throw JoeDP that much more money to ship.

I would be thinking the same. Write it off as a complete loss and not worry about it. He doesn't deserve anymore money after how much you guys have been screwed around with lies and bullshit.

#2119 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

"yeah art book collecting can be an expensive hobby" she says on the site where people spend $600 to ship $8k machines...

#2120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Has anyone tried to get a CC or paypal refund on the kickstarter charge?

#2121 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Has anyone tried to get a CC or paypal refund on the kickstarter charge?

Yes, unsuccessfully from all who have tried.

#2122 3 years ago

anyone has received the final (!) backer survey?

#2123 3 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

not me. They have my email because i get their other emails.

#2124 3 years ago

me either. I'm going to hate to see the shipping cost for my $325 pledge level. this f*cker is going straight to ebay to see if I can recoup my costs. I really don't want anything to do with the final product

#2125 3 years ago

Yes. And the shipping for non US is a joke.

#2126 3 years ago

$60 to ship a book to Canada? It cost me $80 to ship 2 full size ramps (both Ironman ramps) and a tonne of other stuff from the US to the U.K.

Joe continues to try and fleece more money out of peoples pockets! Probably thought if he can make $50 per person on shipping on 100 of the backers that’s another 5k for holidays and hook... I mean interns!

#2127 3 years ago

No backerkit email received as yet. I guess they’ll blame the hold up because people aren’t responding to something that hasn’t been received. Ludicrous.

#2128 3 years ago

$23 for domestic shipping?! Eff that, he can keep it. That's more than even a LARGE USPS flat rate box (which are free), not to mention this is Media mail.

#2129 3 years ago

I pledged 100 dollar for the premium book.....
    Shipping 85 dollar ffs

#2130 3 years ago

just received my backer kit. $48 for domestic shipping for my stuff (book, t-shirt, jacket) pretty sad

#2131 3 years ago

85$ shipping costs to europe.
    Must be next day delivery.

Customs and tax will make this the most expensive book i have ever bought.

#2132 3 years ago

$62 shipping for me book + shirt.

#2133 3 years ago

$110 to Canada with the ZombieYeti print. Debating just walking away...

#2134 3 years ago

I've been pretty patient with this whole project. But outrageous shipping charges really piss me off. I got a larger book shipped to me from Amazon US for $8.00. I know Amazon is in its own league, but 60.00 is just plain stupid.

#2135 3 years ago

Wow, you guys weren't kidding...$90 shipping for a book & a t-shirt to outside the USA. What a ripoff!

#2136 3 years ago

Joe, I have a better suggestion than paying your outrageous shipping charges--how about you do some anatomically impossible act with yourself!

#2137 3 years ago

Around $120 Australian to ship my original $125 pledge, he can keep it and shove it where the sun don't shine

All books should be delivered to Stern and sent by them. I only went into this because they seemingly endorsed it.

#2138 3 years ago

Are any of you actually going to pay the shipping costs?

#2139 3 years ago

No, and I suggest everyone send a complaint to Kickstarter. I had to do a lot of hunting around to find a way to send them an email, but finally located it on their Kickstarter webpage. It is obvious what slimeball Joe is trying to do--recoup as much money as possible on his "now valued at $90" book via excessive shipping charges.

Hopefully this helps, the link is at the right top of the page.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005126434-Common-Pledge-Problems

#2140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

No, and I suggest everyone send a complaint to Kickstarter. I had to do a lot of hunting around to find a way to send them an email, but finally located it on their Kickstarter webpage.
    https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005126434-Common-Pledge-Problems

I agree. I also sent a complaint direct to Kickstarter.

#2141 3 years ago

maybe customs and taxes are included.. (what, wait, it was a dream,...)

#2142 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

No, and I suggest everyone send a complaint to Kickstarter. I had to do a lot of hunting around to find a way to send them an email, but finally located it on their Kickstarter webpage. It is obvious what slimeball Joe is trying to do--recoup as much money as possible on his "now valued at $90" book via excessive shipping charges.

I don't think you'll get much help from KS. They don't guarantee any projects, and will probably just say to take it up with Joe.

That being said, I just sent him an email asking what was up with the shipping charges. If he's going and getting quotes for next day air, that could explain the cost?

#2143 3 years ago

damn, that $23 domestic shipping stings for a book. I think my BK3 topper from Stern was cheaper to ship LOL

#2144 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I don't think you'll get much help from KS. They don't guarantee any projects, and will probably just say to take it up with Joe.
    That being said, I just sent him an email asking what was up with the shipping charges. If he's going and getting quotes for next day air, that could explain the cost?

You all are delusional if you think Joe is gonna ship anything "next day air"--he is gonna ship via "slow boat scow" and pocket the difference.

Quoted from ChrisBardon:

...and will probably just say to take it up with Joe.

I also did this and have demanded a refund. Waiting on a reply from the interns...

#2145 3 years ago

I was curious, so I went back and looked, and here's what he listed in the campaign:

Below are shipping estimates for the book (estimated to be around 2lbs). These are just estimates. Costs may rise due to weight increase as more items are unlocked via stretch goals and add-on purchases you choose. This will be calculated by Backerkit after backer surveys are turned in.

USA - $13

EU (including UK) - $17.00

Canada - $17

AU - $19

Mexico - $19

Most other countries - $19

I wonder if anyone at Stern knows about this and would intervene? If it makes the company look bad...

#2146 3 years ago

Just got my Backerkit survey. Pledged $55 for the book and shipping to the UK is $85.35 - and I'm sure I'd have to pay customs fees on top. Just for fun I added a t-shirt and it increased the shipping by $42 to $127.35.

For context, I had the Stranger Things UV kit shipped over from Cointaker for $39.99 just a few weeks ago. Ordered Tuesday morning, delivered Friday, and that was a big box.

I've been patient so far, but this is ridiculous. What can we do about this? Years of delays and they want to rip us off on the shipping?

#2147 3 years ago

Woke up this morning and had to rub my eyes at the shipping cost to Australia: $85.35 (that’s AU$118)! Absolutely outrageous.

If we forfeit the book, he’ll dump it on Amazon for $90 and I bet he’ll sell them all. Hate to say it, He is in a win win position.

Complaint sent via Billy16’s KS link.

#2148 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Just got my Backerkit survey. Pledged $55 for the book and shipping to the UK is $85.35 - and I'm sure I'd have to pay customs fees on top. Just for fun I added a t-shirt and it increased the shipping by $42 to $127.35.
    For context, I had the Stranger Things UV kit shipped over from Cointaker for $39.99 just a few weeks ago. Ordered Tuesday morning, delivered Friday, and that was a big box.
    I've been patient so far, but this is ridiculous. What can we do about this? Years of delays and they want to rip us off on the shipping?

If you pledged for the book only, there should be no customs fees .

in my case , i was so stupid to choose a level, were also a shirt and a "poster" was included, so i have to pay customs and taxes INCLUDING shipping costs, that will be also taxed

#2149 3 years ago

If you pledged for the book only, there should be no customs fees.

Really? Why?

I've also sent a complaint to KS via the link Billy16 posted above:

Hi,

I backed this project many years ago. After countless delays I was finally sent my backer kit, only to find out that the shipping charges to the UK are $85.35 when they were originally estimated to be $17.

I've recently had a larger and heavier item shipped from the the USA to England for $40. It was sent on a Tuesday and arrived three days later on the Friday.

There is absolutely no justification for charging $85 to ship a book from the USA to the UK when there are many other options that are far more economical. This is not a time sensitive item.

I've backed other projects on Kickstarter that have failed before delivery, but this it the first time I've felt the need to get in touch with you. The shipping cost is five times higher than was originally estimated and from experience I know that it is excessive.

If you could please investigate I would appreciate it.

Kind regards,

xxx

#2150 3 years ago

Those shipping rates are horse shit. I ship big ramps all over the world for half the price of some of those quotes....same weight.

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/43?hl=f-2niro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.