Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 60.
    #1851 4 years ago

Will the buyer of Rick and Morty #750 see their machine before this coffee table book?

#1852 4 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Coffee table for sale. Like new. Never been used to support an actual book. $30 ono.

eat your heart out, Hemmingway.

#1853 4 years ago

LOL this thread reminded me of Kramer's coffeetable book about coffeetables

#1854 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

LOL this thread reminded me of Kramer's coffeetable book about coffeetables

Great minds think alike!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/19#post-4386266

#1855 4 years ago

Any chance, if this book comes out, it is going to be underwhelming?

#1856 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Any chance, if this book comes out, it is going to be underwhelming?

Idk, the expectation of most seems to be thrilled if anything shows up at all. I think most have already written it off as a waste of their money.

#1857 4 years ago

It is odd he didn’t use private domain registration considering how public domain info is

-Removed: please do not post someone's home address info without their consent.-

#1858 4 years ago

That number is even linked to iMessage as when you text it via an iPhone it is blue

1 week later
    #1859 4 years ago

New update email with Header: “Time to Print”

Hello backers!

Happiest of Friday / Valentines Day wishes to you all! This is a short but very significant project update.

We are writing you today to share that after many potential printing partners had been interviewed and quotes received we have now narrowed the search and have chosen our printing company! They are located in Minneapolis, MN and have decades of experience printing full color: text, photo, art and coffee table books. They looked at our 250 page 12" x 10" format and came back with the best quality, price, support team, paper selection and turn-around time making them our clear winner. Based on working with our account representative and discussing their current production schedule they will be able to start work on our book in March with a estimated turn time of 6-8 weeks for completion.

Once complete the books will be shipped via a trucking company to our fulfillment partners warehouse. There we will be hand assembling each and every book with their unique and limited edition dust jackets prior to pairing them with the other incentives. Lastly, each backers order will be boxed and prepared for shipping out to each of you.

Currently we are in the final phases of the pre-press process while Stern will be looking over final proofs next week. We will update you all when we have final approval from Stern and have a exact date for the printing process to begin next month.

Thank you all again for your patience, support and understanding along the way. You will all have your books and goodies very very soon now.

All the best,

- Dameon & Joe, and the Paperflock Team

#1860 4 years ago

I’ll believe it when I get a shipping notice. How many times have he heard this before?!? I also find it funny that every update it’s at Stern for “final” approval so apparently they haven’t got that done yet either

#1861 4 years ago

I can already see this, “ Happiest of summer vacation greetings—good news and bad news to report. The books are finished, and boy did they turn out better than our wildest expectations! Now the not so good news...they were shipped to our fulfillment partners warehouse, but a tremendous fire burned it to the ground. All the books and cool incentives went up in flames. This concludes our obligations.” Joe

#1862 4 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

We will update you all when we have final approval from Stern

#1863 4 years ago

I'm guessing the Trudeau autographed copies are going to take a little longer...

#1864 4 years ago

Based on that update, I'm pretty sure I can find them a better printer deal, which will be a lot quicker as well. 6-8 weeks to print a few hundred books? That has to be a joke.

#1865 4 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Based on that update, I'm pretty sure I can find them a better printer deal, which will be a lot quicker as well. 6-8 weeks to print a few hundred books? That has to be a joke.

Exactly. I can get them from CHINA with that lead time, at a cost of less than $1/book.

#1866 4 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

No sense rushing things at the end. What’s 6-8 weeks compared to how long we have already waited?

#1867 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm guessing the Trudeau autographed copies are going to take a little longer...

Visitors are not allowed for him?

#1868 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Exactly. I can get them from CHINA with that lead time, at a cost of less than $1/book.

China ain’t making no books any time soon...

#1869 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

China ain’t making no books any time soon...

China's a big place. A number of the factories outside the hot zone are already running again. And while paper is a great transmitter of disease, supposedly coronavirus dies on surfaces after about 2.5 minutes.

#1870 4 years ago

and yet still no photos of any of the incentives? it makes me think that anyone that backed higher than just the book is getting royally screwed

#1871 4 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

they will be able to start work on our book in March with a estimated turn time of 6-8 weeks for completion.

What an announcement... 3 more months, maybe.

#1872 4 years ago

so... only 3 years late?

1 week later
    #1873 4 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

You can’t beat a quote or time frame that’s in Joe’s head, it sounds more like further delay tactics..?

#1874 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

You can’t beat a quote or time frame that’s in Joe’s head, it sounds more like further delay tactics..?

There are only between 600,000 and 1,000,000 books published in the US per year. 1,800,000 and 3,000,000 have gone to print before the coffee table book.

#1875 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

There are only 600,000 and 1,000,000 books published in the US per year. So we are only talking between 1,800,000 and 3,000,000 have gone to print before the coffee table book.

Cavemen could have chiselled this book into the rock faces of a cave faster than it’s took Joe to get this book put together and ready for printing!

#1876 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Cavemen could have chiselled this book into the rock faces of a cave faster than it’s took Joe to get this book put together and ready for printing!

paperjoe (resized).jpgpaperjoe (resized).jpg
    #1877 4 years ago

Suddenly, nothing happened.

#1878 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Yes, but cavemen didn't have to get multiple final approvals from Stern.

Wait a minute...Stern disavows any knowledge or participation regarding this book...uh, oh.

#1879 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Yes, but cavemen didn't have to get multiple final approvals from Stern.
    Wait a minute...Stern disavows any knowledge or participation regarding this book...uh, oh.

#1880 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Cavemen could have chiselled this book into the rock faces of a cave faster than it’s took Joe to get this book put together

Hey... cut Joe some slack. The little bird in his camera died. You know how expensive little camera birds are?
    98B1D6DD-A331-4AEF-96C5-3C18F4230311 (resized).png98B1D6DD-A331-4AEF-96C5-3C18F4230311 (resized).png

1 week later
    #1881 4 years ago

Thank you! (and you... and you... and you...)
    March 10, 2020

Hi everyone!

We’re nearing the end of the process and getting ready to finalize the book before it goes to print. To do so, we need one more thing from you (don’t worry, it’s not a big deal).

We need everyone’s name for the thank you section. Since there are so many of you generous backers, we’ll be pulling these from Kickstarter on Monday, March 16. Please make sure your name or username on Kickstarter is exactly how you’d like it to appear in the acknowledgements by Monday the 16th.

To view and update your name, sign on to Kickstarter and click on your Avatar in the upper right corner.

Select “Settings” from the menu.
    Under settings, click on the “Edit profile” tab
    Change your name in the “Name” feld
    Click the blue “Save settings” button at the bottom of the screen
    We’re almost there! Thank you so much for your support and patience while we work to bring you the definitive history of Stern Pinball.

Best,

Joe and Dameon, and the Paperflock team

#1882 4 years ago

Gonna be a whole lot of people named Jack Mehoff, Fuh Kyoo, and Boyd Dewey Cheatum.

#1883 4 years ago

special thanks to Dick Gazinya, Rod Stiffington, Munchma Cuchi, etc etc

#1884 4 years ago

After all the delays and BS, I can't believe Joe thinks spelling our names correctly is a priority.

#1885 4 years ago

Hugh Jass, I.P. Freely, Decan Yamouth, Won Hung Lo, and of course my favorite..... Jack Schitt

#1886 4 years ago

Haywood Jablowmie, Mike Hunt

#1887 4 years ago

William M. Buttlicker

#1888 4 years ago

and yet still no photos or even mock-ups of the supposed bonus items. based on the last 2 updates, I'm still not holding my breath for a release any sooner than late summer/early fall

#1889 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

and yet still no photos or even mock-ups of the supposed bonus items. based on the last 2 updates, I'm still not holding my breath for a release any sooner than late summer/early fall

BUT... is your name correct?

#1890 4 years ago

In this latest request I can't help but be reminded of a classic management paper by Harvard Business Review: Management Time: Who’s Got the Monkey?

The Paperflock team has turned their job into work for the backers. They have created motion/action and tried to disguise it as progress.

2 weeks later
    #1892 3 years ago

I'm guessing Covid is the final nail in this coffin.

#1893 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Or the perfect scapegoat.

#1894 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

May be now is the time we should think of reselling our spots...

In the unlikely event I ever receive this book, I am going to throw it away anyway.

#1895 3 years ago

$12500 for my spot ... worth it as it's more rare than a Rick & Morty spot for $12k

#1896 3 years ago

I was really looking forward to this book.

Two years ago.

#1897 3 years ago

apropos of nothing, I got these books and they're fun
    https://www.blurb.ca/b/2010021-bits-sticks-and-buttons
    https://www.blurb.ca/b/3363814-grails

Bunch of KLOV people nerding out about games they love and being silly

3 weeks later
    #1898 3 years ago

Wonder if Paperflock is even around to print these off or if Joe even has a job.

#1899 3 years ago

I expect a “covid broke” sob story (which is understandable) accompanied by a print-your-own PDF.

#1900 3 years ago

I'm almost out of toilet paper.
    I need this book soon.

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.