Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 60.
    #1401 5 years ago

"New trip guys, going to Aruba in March. They have the best interns in the world there and they'll really drive this project home!"

#1402 5 years ago

I heard there is a very good Stern collection in The Maldives that need photographing.

#1403 5 years ago
    Saphire Joe (resized).jpgSaphire Joe (resized).jpg
    #1404 5 years ago

Was there ever a response from Stern (for those that emailed / reached out to them) regarding this book? Surely we need an official statement from them, as we all made a decision to back this book due to their name / stature in the pinball world. I mean this book is about them, so they should care what these so-called PaperFlock peeps are doing with it. The longer they leave it (making a statement - good or bad), the more speculation and laughable this thing becomes.

#1405 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Hmmm...the new batch of interns looks to be much improved.

#1406 5 years ago

I am personally curious if anyone knows what happened to Dameon Guess, Joe's partner in the "present case of the missing book". What exactly was his role in this fiasco? Was he supposed to be the ultimate publisher or printer?

The only thing I could find of recent was a review of Dameon Guess' Jakprints, Inc. company and his LinkIn account:

https://mgretailer.com/business/marketing-promo/jakprints-dameon-guess-printing-packaging-pro/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dameon-guess-b150951/

#1407 5 years ago

I wonder if they will swing by the jail to collect Trudeau's signature for the $325 folks?

#1408 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I wonder if they will swing by the jail to collect Trudeau's signature for the $325 folks?

No need. Trudeau'll be in court tomorrow for a plea. They can just catch him while he's waiting for his case to be called.

#1409 5 years ago

a friend of mine was in illinois this week and took a tour at the stern facility. I asked him to ask about the book and he was told "I can assure you it's still being worked on", but that was really it

from my point of view, it doesn't really sound like stern has been doing anything to drive this project to completion

#1410 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

"I can assure you it's still being worked on"

I'm sure that is factual, just a bummer how its all played out.

#1411 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

he was told "I can assure you it's still being worked on"

Your friend, 'By whom?'
    Stern representative, 'Top men.'

topmen (resized).jpgtopmen (resized).jpg
    #1412 5 years ago

I think Stern just doesn't care.

Why should they? This is hardly that embarrassing for them anymore and it's not going to affect their pinball sales in the slightest. It sucks for a lot of people, but I'm sure Stern doesn't seem much value in fooling with it themselves. It's not like this is a book that would have ever been a bestseller. They're a company with revenue in the tens of millions, they don't care about a few grand in book royalties.

But what could they really do? Leave Joe a harshly worded voicemail? Throw money into this mess for a token amount of good will (and the book would still be disappointing for most people if it came out)? They presumably already got paid for participating in the project and they aren't going to fall into a sunk-cost fallacy. They might be able to terminate the contract, but then that will only officially kill the book and make Stern look like the bad guy when their only fault was not vetting Joe enough.

Maybe they could issue an apology and give out some cheap swag to backers? Of course if they did that, people would still complain that they want the book or a total cash refund.

I think Stern rather ignore the whole thing because there's so little gain for them. That said, I would totally buy the DVD of images and docs they gave to Joe for like $15.

#1413 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your friend, 'By whom?'
    Stern representative, 'Top men.'[quoted image]

he was told by zach sharpe, the person that gave him the tour

#1414 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

he was told by zach sharpe, the person that gave him the tour

Well, that's PROOF POSITIVE for me!

#1415 5 years ago
    ER Joe (resized).PNGER Joe (resized).PNG
    #1416 5 years ago

What kind of book is he making now?

#1417 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure that’s the face he made when I backed with that $325

#1418 5 years ago

People should never overlook Joe's quality contributions to the world of modern art masterpieces, such as his "Stormtrooper Jackalope". I am seriously not making this up. This project was completed prior to the KickStarter campaign, so no one can claim diversion of funds here.

13724828_1811844015719001_9096335223707893484_o (resized).jpg13724828_1811844015719001_9096335223707893484_o (resized).jpg

#1419 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People should never overlook Joe's quality contributions to the world of modern art, such as his "Stormtrooper Jackalope".

Amazing skill!

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I seriously am not making this up.

I believe you. No one but Joe could be making this up...

Now we know which Stern pin should receive special attention in his book... BBH

#1420 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

Such a Playboy. He’s like a straight modern day Andy Warhol.

#1421 5 years ago

At this point, I can't even remember what version I paid for.

#1422 5 years ago

I paid twice for the paper Christmas ornament LE version.

#1423 5 years ago

Just caught up with this thread. I find the update of a week ago very odd as they were already in design stage of the book months ago. And then you find out you don't have all games? Sounds like a poor excuse to cover up whatever else is taking them so long.

#1424 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Just caught up with this thread. I find the update of a week ago very odd as they were already in design stage of the book months ago. And then you find out you don't have all games? Sounds like a poor excuse to cover up whatever else is taking them so long.

What it sounds like is that they haven't put any real effort into the project yet.

#1425 5 years ago

Well, maybe... It seems to me that Joe has taken a new and more exciting tack for all of us (well, at least for him, anyway) of looking for the most rare of pinball machines located in Tahiti, Bora Bora, Aruba, Grand Cayman, Monte Carlo, the French Riviera, and parts beyond. It will not be an easy task, but judging from all the cool photos Joe is posting it seems like he is knocking it dead! You go, Joe--hope you find something (ummm...pinball related of course)! And, keep us posted on your newest interns--they are really starting to look a lot better the last few photos!

#1426 5 years ago
    2rp6v0 (resized).jpg2rp6v0 (resized).jpg
    #1428 5 years ago

LOL.

"It's like art, man. Art has no timeline and cant be rushed. These pinball guys are so uptight."

3 weeks later
    #1429 5 years ago

Film documentary that I backed for $50 back in '15. Backer surveys have gone out as they figure out how to mass produce, sign, shipping, etc. It also has Roger Sharpe in the film. Another project surpassing this book being completed:

I met Josh Tsui and Daniel Pesina as well. You couldn't meet 2 nicer guys who loved what they were part of and still do crazy stuff today.

#1430 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Oh and just to rub salt on the wounds it looks like I had “upped” my pledge. Where’s my fucking jacket?[quoted image]

Where's my shit?

#1431 5 years ago

Anddddd volume 2 has beaten this shit show

Edit: removed picture of book. Didn’t know what had transpired after volume 1. Don’t want to support pinball adventures by publishing a picture of volume 2 I received yesterday. Want my money back now :-/

#1432 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Anddddd volume 2 has beaten this shit show
    [quoted image]

Who cares can’t believe anyone would support Andrew Macbain (The Pigeon Guy) and Ryan Ponto after the BS they have pulled.

#1433 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Who cares can’t believe anyone would support Andrew Macbain (The Pigeon Guy) and Ryan Ponto after the BS they have pulled.

Never heard of them

#1435 5 years ago

Huh, how did I miss all that drama? I was one of those suckers who bought all 10 upfront. Now I want to burn the 2 I have and get my money back :-/

#1436 5 years ago

Evidently...pinball books are hard.

#1437 5 years ago

Joe insists the book is almost done......

Joesplay (resized).PNGJoesplay (resized).PNG
    #1438 5 years ago

I’m not sure I even want it anymore. I’ll just chock the loss up to being beaten over the head and having my wallet stolen. This is my first mugging.

#1439 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

What are these pictures and where are you getting them?

#1440 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

It's about done alright....

#1441 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

What are these pictures and where are you getting them?

Pictures of Joe working hard to get the book done. During his travels and some with his pals.

#1442 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

It's about done alright....

You see what I did there.......

#1443 5 years ago

Even Todd must agree...after lessons learned from his first book deal.
    He has a pretty wicked sense of humor after many years except regarding GRC.

2ttzp0.jpg2ttzp0.jpg

#1444 5 years ago

2019 is going to be our year. I can feel it. A pinball book for Christmas!

#1446 5 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

2019 is going to be our year. I can feel it. A pinball book for Christmas!

If there's a full investigation, there might even be two bookings this year...

#1447 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If there's a full investigation, there might even be two bookings this year...

So, is this book going to be trapped in the world of the Ghostbusters release or will we see art from Iron Maiden, Deadpool and The Munsters?

#1448 5 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

So, is this book going to be trapped in the world of the Ghostbusters release or will we see art from Iron Maiden, Deadpool and The Munsters?

Who knows? Who even knows where the book layout REALLY is? We've seen a couple bad photo retouching samples, an amateurish layout sample and that's it. There's no way to know where the book will cut off or if it will ever really see the light of day.

#1449 5 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Does it really matter when the cutoff is if:
    - the book never comes out?
    - IF it does come out, it is a clown show piece of crap?

Would including The Munsters really matter at that point?

#1450 5 years ago

Does anyone want to purchase one of my preorder spots? Comes complete with an unopened Christmas ornament!

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/29?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.