Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 60.
    #1201 5 years ago

We'll meet back in this thread a year from now to see if it will be released for the 33rd anniversary.

#1202 5 years ago

Maybe Stern could at least get us the Zombie Yeti print for those that went in on that tier. ZY is a good dude, is employed by Stern, and should not be subject to Joe’s mismanagement of the book part of the project.

#1203 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Gary held the mic when I asked the question. He immediately referred the question to the guys at the table in front.

I did not appreciate being lied to by Peterson last year at Expo. Stern should get involved and refund everyone's deposits/prepayments at this time.

#1204 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Maybe Stern could at least get us the Zombie Yeti print for those that went in on that tier. ZY is a good dude, is employed by Stern, and should not be subject to Joe’s mismanagement of the book part of the project.

He isn't employed by Stern. He works on a contract basis just like Franchi.

Quoted from MrBally:

I did not appreciate being lied to by Peterson last year at Expo. Stern should get involved and refund everyone's deposits/prepayments at this time.

The only way that Stern is involved with this project is supplying Paperflock with photos, interviews and for Stern of course helping them out by saying they are all for it.

Would you want Slash to refund us money because he's rich? He promoted it, etc:

Gary and the others got duped by these idiots just as much as we did.

#1205 5 years ago

I wonder who paid for that banner?

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
    #1206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

[quoted image]

He knew enough to cover Trudeau's face when he posed for the pic.

#1207 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Willy Wonka?

#1208 5 years ago

"Somebody get me some more Gatorade, it's hot in this costume!"

#1209 5 years ago

Oh shit! I just realized that was supposed to be The Penguin!

#1210 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

[quoted image]

We did

#1211 5 years ago

Well something exists for backers aside from the paper ornament I still have, lol. I forgot to actually say this because it was so minor but now I in hindsight I find it hilarious. So when I asked Gomez and Gary about the book I had to jog their memory about THAT book and they were like "oh, OH, OH, yeah". I mean yeah it's funny and sad.

stern oh well (resized).JPGstern oh well (resized).JPG
    #1212 5 years ago

I never even received the crappy paper xmas ornament. now I feel really cheated

#1213 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I suppose when I pull it out of storage I can scan it, lol.

#1214 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Well something exists for backers aside from the paper ornament I still have, lol. I forgot to actually say this because it was so minor but now I in hindsight I find it hilarious. So when I asked Gomez and Gary about the book I had to jog their memory about THAT book and they were like "oh, OH, OH, yeah". I mean yeah it's funny and sad.[quoted image]

Derek, you missed blocking out your name on the penultimate FB post.

#1215 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

You sir, are in luck! I will have my crack team of interns and a newly hired layout man get right on creating you one of these very rare and highly sought after P-Flocker ornaments! For the low price of $55 (plus applicable state and local taxes, and add-in handling and shipping) this keepsake can be yours! Happy to spread holiday cheer to Pinsiders!! Guaranteed delivery by X-mas 2019 (or so, depending on how the interns and my new layout man work out...)!!!

#1216 5 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

Derek, you missed blocking out your name on the penultimate FB post.

Yeah I was notified about that last night but said "whatever". Yeah I'm Derek Karamanian and I film the panels at Pintastic. Oh well. Just don't send me an invite because I won't accept it because when I was put on the staff list I got like a bajillion people from all over the world who I never met nor will. Though if you do go to Pintastic please say "hi" and introduce yourself!

#1217 5 years ago

did anyone stay for expo saturday evening, attend stern's seminar and ask about the status of the book? I'd be curious to know if they had anything to say (apologize, make excuses, shrug it off, etc...

#1218 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

did anyone stay for expo saturday evening, attend stern's seminar and ask about the status of the book? I'd be curious to know if they had anything to say (apologize, make excuses, shrug it off, etc...

You left out Peterson lie (again) like he did to me last year. Recorded for all to hear.

1 week later
    #1219 5 years ago

Seems communications are slow between Pinside and the Flockers, so I'd like to wish the newest layout man (or woman) and the current batch of interns an early Happy Thanksgiving! I know this is an exciting time of the year with all the holidays coming up, so your minds won't be on doing much of anything with the book, most likely. Perhaps after the New Year you might crack open the rough draft and peruse it---or, maybe you might even directly look at whatever work you were supposed to have done! Have to get started sooner or later, I suppose, so let's make 2019 the year this really happens! (or--2020 has a nice ring to it if you are too busy...).

If you move-on from P-Flock during the holidays (like all the interns and layout guys before you), please pass along these good wishes to your replacements!

#1220 5 years ago

I expect my Fireball Island game to arrive any day now, lol.

#1221 5 years ago

Will I buy a new pinball machine before I receive this book.....all signs point to yes.

#1222 5 years ago

will the lease on my new vehicle (which is a 3-year lease) be up before I receive this book? my magic 8 ball keeps giving me 'most likely' and 'as I see it, yes'

#1223 5 years ago

Up until now I've been critical but ambivalent. I thought this project had turned into a sh*t show but have always assumed it will eventually get made.

Now I'm actually starting to question whether i'll ever see this book or my money.

#1224 5 years ago

well, I answer the part of whether or not you'll ever see your money. that answer is "no"

the way kickstarter works, I can start a project and explain that if I reach of a goal of $10,000, I'll build this widget that will solve hunger, cancer and create world peace

if I don't raise that $10K, everyone that donated gets their money back. however, if that goal is met, the money is transferred from kickstarter to me and everyone is f*ck all screwed. I don't have to make the widget. I can just walk away and you have no legal recourse. their business model is flawed since the [starter] doesn't have any legal responsibility to follow through

#1225 5 years ago

I didn't think anybody could mess up more than Paperflock but the editor for poor Todd Tuckey and that "book" that was made sorta pales in comparison. I mean we get the silent treatment from Joe and in the other thread that guy just comes out swinging away posting private e-mails, etc.

#1226 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I can just walk away and you have no legal recourse. their business model is flawed since the [starter] doesn't have any legal responsibility to follow through

They have a responsibility to follow through - but they (like all businesses) have no guarantee of success/completion. They can't just take the money and run (fraud) but they can legitimately fail. That's the 'venture' part of the crowd sourcing... vs simply 'buying' something.

Any business you buy from could go bankrupt before they deliver.. but a business starting with limited funding and distribution... has a much higher hill to climb.

#1227 5 years ago

This was definitely a fail!

2 weeks later
    #1228 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I expect my Fireball Island game to arrive any day now, lol.

Mine came today!!

IMG_20181127_1537058.jpgIMG_20181127_1537058.jpg
    #1229 5 years ago

Another Christmas, another year without my sweet LE Stern coffee table book where I will be the envy of all my family and friends....especially with the cool Ghostbusters cover art celebrating Stern's latest and greatest game from acclaimed pinball designer....

#1230 5 years ago

I thought Joe was back just in time for Christmas. Maybe next year we will get another update.

#1231 5 years ago

Joes busy on vacation with Andrew from pinball adventures.....

#1232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Joes busy on vacation with Andrew from pinball adventures.....

I was hoping to see Todd at the Chicago Pinball Expo, but never caught him at his table. Did meet the artist behind Q-Bert who had a table next to Todd.

#1233 5 years ago

I funded a Night of the Living Dead autographed graphic novel and it is currently a month behind schedule. It is on the press and should arrive before Christmas.
    Not having much luck getting things on time on Kickstarter.

#1234 5 years ago

F*k this. Cant believe how many Stern employees/designers, from Gary down, got involved in the deceptive bullsh*t marketing campaign on this.

AND SLASH!!!! Saying how HONORED he is to be involved in this Stern pinball book. WTF!

AND ED ROBERTSON!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/paperflock/

Its embarrassing for Stern. It was pushed as a Stern project. It turned into f*n fraud.

Someone at Stern needs to pick this project up and finish it.

#1235 5 years ago

Just cancel this shitshow and return everyone's money. This reminds me of how Heighway Pinball did business, except they actually delivered some goods unlike Paperflock.

#1236 5 years ago

anyone have joe's cell no.?

I'll gladly phone him and let him know that we've had enough, issue the refunds and no harm will come to his shrubberies

#1237 5 years ago

I’m guessing the money is long gone. Either Stern makes it happen or we’re toast. Given the embarrassment they should be feeling at pushing this self-serving, failed project, Stern should just bite the bullet and finish it. Maybe some tough love from a certain podcaster who shall not be named would help get it done. If not, can any litigators out there weigh in on other potentially more persuasive tactics?

#1238 5 years ago

from the kickstarter web site:
    4. How Projects Work
    Most of our Terms of Use explain your relationship with Kickstarter. This section is different — it explains the relationship between creators and backers of Kickstarter projects, and who’s responsible for what. This is what you’re agreeing to when you create or back a Kickstarter project.

Kickstarter provides a funding platform for creative projects. When a creator posts a project on Kickstarter, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract.

Kickstarter is not a part of this contract — the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:

When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
    they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
    they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
    they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
    they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.
    The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.

#1239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mine came today!![quoted image]

Mine as well! The box was actually bigger than I pictured, but the little figures were smaller

I hope the kids and I get a chance to play it tonight.

#1240 5 years ago

Yup I got mine on the 23rd as well. I have to find some time with my friends to setup a game night but it's all there, and exactly if not more than what I dreamed about. Stuff happens especially with Kickstarters but this is straight up fraud. Have only been conned by 2 Kickstarters though. *Ah it looks like Joe is in "Dhaka, Bangladesh" filming something: https://www.facebook.com/joedp

#1241 5 years ago

it's a shame that no lawyers were backers on this project and want to make an example out of paperflock

any lawyers out there feel like doing a pro bono case for the holidays to set things right for the us backers?

#1242 5 years ago

I have full confidence that as soon as Joe gets back from Aruba and hits Starbucks to find the yet-to-be-hired newest batch of interns and the 4th (5th, 6th?) layout person, this baby will get moving! Or at least started...

Hmm...judging from the photos looks like Joe really is in Aruba! Have a Mai Tai for me, Joe (and make sure they use the good rum, you can afford it)!

#1243 5 years ago

posted this in the comments this morning, let's see how many other backers follow suit

Keeping the Ball Alive_ 30 Years of Stern Pinball by PaperFlock Inc (resized).jpgKeeping the Ball Alive_ 30 Years of Stern Pinball by PaperFlock Inc (resized).jpg

#1244 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Someone at Stern needs to pick this project up and finish it.

Gary has my number. Even Joe has my contact info. They can hire me to finish this. I can even take care of printing.

#1245 5 years ago

Joe looks like he really cares about getting it done.....

27332293_10215135451210471_4612393874784692725_n (resized).jpg27332293_10215135451210471_4612393874784692725_n (resized).jpg
    #1246 5 years ago

Must be nice vacationing on other people’s money. There will come a day of reckoning though. Always is. Always..

#1247 5 years ago

It could be work related. Maybe that’s the new graphic designer?

#1248 5 years ago
    C55ED773-C169-4B96-986D-25CE933D6F7C (resized).jpegC55ED773-C169-4B96-986D-25CE933D6F7C (resized).jpeg
    #1249 5 years ago

That's him? He reminds me of Kevin K...

But at least I "invested" 100x less in this book than in Skit-B!

A progress of some sort I suppose.

#1250 5 years ago

Wow, even I am surprised a bit by this. I shouldn't be I guess, but I am. If I took in any kind of cash without delivering a product I am pretty sure I wouldn't be posting stuff like that on social media...

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.