Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 60.
    #1051 5 years ago

Hey Joe, it has been 81 days since we last heard from you. I know you have not disappeared (again), as you told us you were back to stay (again). However, I was expecting an update by about day 57--so you are a little overdue. Not that I'm anxious or anything, I know you are busy (still), but some tidbit of information might be of interest to your backers. Thanks.

#1052 5 years ago

He's a -deleted-.

#1053 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He's a lying sack of shit.

That reads like an insult to shit.

#1054 5 years ago

Oh, come one now...Joe disappeared once he got funded, then came back and promised not to disappear (several times) and did so anyway, and we have not heard from him in almost three months--but hey, I still have (a tiny amount of) hope for ol' Joe. Time to rise from the dead, Joe!

But ya know, the longer this drags on the more I think if we ever do get our books, they are gonna suck...

Added over 6 years ago:

Stupid spell check put an "e" where it didn't belong.

Ummm...Joe, my faint hope is dimming--come on dude--time for a mystical re-appearance!

#1055 5 years ago

MrBally PinMonk you two in on this book?

#1056 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

mrbally vireland you two in on this book?

I'm here for the entertainment.

#1057 5 years ago

JoeDP what’s up?

#1058 5 years ago

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#1059 5 years ago

3BE8AAAA-124B-4F64-8629-A54421B5C97E (resized).jpeg3BE8AAAA-124B-4F64-8629-A54421B5C97E (resized).jpeg

#1060 5 years ago

Is it too soon to start selling our spots?

#1061 5 years ago

Last login on KS was January...

That’s scary

#1062 5 years ago

Our money is gone.........

#1063 5 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Last login on KS was January...
    That’s scary

Well there was a backer update 39 days ago that someone posted here, so SOMEONE had to log in to Kickstarter to post that...

#1064 5 years ago

Joe has been abducted!

#1065 5 years ago

Guys, quit complaining. Don’t you realize they had to delay the book to include both Iron Maiden and Deadpool now? And I heard they’re also trying to include Munsters, Elvira and Pulp Fiction.

Seriously, what a f*n joke.

“I’ve been Paperf*cked.”

#1066 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Guys, quit complaining. Don’t you realize they had to delay the book to include both Iron Maiden and Deadpool now? And I heard they’re also trying to include Munsters, Elvira and Pulp Fiction.
    “I’ve been Paperf*cked.”

surprise.gifsurprise.gif
    #1067 5 years ago

My coffee table is still waiting............

#1068 5 years ago

Wait Pulp Fiction Pin?!??

#1069 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Wait Pulp Fiction Pin?!??

I wish. Just another rumor - probably a bit more credibility than the now busted MBr code update rumor.

#1070 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I wish. Just another rumor - probably a bit more credibility than the now busted MBr code update rumor.

Well I like that rumour.

#1071 5 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

New thread title? Anyone want to share what the new title should be?

#1072 5 years ago

New thread title:
    "Paperflock, the latest KickStarter goof"
    (Even Stern Pinball finally admits embarassment)

Pinball books do not require crowdfunding.
    See TNT Amusements for the latest example, Volume 1 now available. Alternatively, donate money to a charitable good cause, it will make a person feel better.

#1073 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

New thread title? Anyone want to share what the new title should be?

"Paperflock is a Lousy Date"

#1074 5 years ago

Books are hard.

#1075 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Books are hard.

We might have a winner.

———

If you are in on this book, can you go nudge them on the kickstarter page. I can’t imagine that Pinside will get much traction.

#1076 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I can’t imagine that Pinside will get much traction.

I posted on July 18th on Kickstarter and there's been nothing since .... no traction there as well

#1077 5 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

yes, a new thread. sort of like silicon valley but instead of "this is a location where your box could go", we can do, "this is a coffee table where your pinball book could go"

#1078 5 years ago

Only way I have been able to contact him is via FB and I have never spoken to nor have we ever heard from his partner there Dameon Guess. It's crazy watching the KS funding video: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paperflock/keeping-the-ball-alive-30-years-of-stern-pinball I'm gonna shoot a message to Jeremy if he ever heard about these clowns because I doubt they contacted him for that artwork design. *When you really research Joseph, you really scratch your head how badly this has gone. Digital Bolex was a very successful KS and according to Wikipedia: Kickstarter
    Rubinstein and Schneider announced their collaboration with Bolex via the Kickstarter crowdfunding platform on March 12, 2012.[11] Billed "the first affordable digital cinema camera" the project came to the attention of notable film bloggers Philip Bloom[12] and Stu Maschwitz,[13] and by the campaign's second day the $100,000 goal had been met. Within the first 48 hours the campaign exceeded $250,000 and the limited run of 100 cameras had been sold.[14] Rubinstein and Schneider have said they purposely limited the number of cameras to 100 in order to avoid the manufacturing delays that had plagued other runaway crowdfunding successes.[citation needed]

As of December 2012, the Digital Bolex was one of the top 50 Kickstarter campaigns of all time, alongside the Oculus Rift, Double Fine Adventure, and Pebble watch, all of which were profiled by CNN Money for their late deliveries.[15] The Digital Bolex had an original estimated delivery date of August 2012, and cameras began to ship in December 2013.[16]

The Digital Bolex received a large amount of press in print and on the web during and after its launch, including stories by Mashable,[17][18] Engadget,[19] PBS,[20] CNET,[21] Vice and Intel's The Creator's Project,[6] and Wired.[22] With 440 backers and $262,661 raised, the Digital Bolex Kickstarter had an unusually high average pledge of $597, nearly twice the average pledge of similar Kickstarter project Oculus Rift ($256 average pledge)[23] and four times the average pledge of the Ouya game console ($136).[24] With 77 backers pledging $2,500 each, the Digital Bolex may have the highest median pledge of any Kickstarter project.[citation needed]

#1079 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Books are hard.

Books are hard.

Pinball is hard.

Books on pinball are seemingly impossible.

#1080 5 years ago

Usually when we stir the pot this much Joe magically shows up and vows he's back for good. Not this time, Joe?

#1081 5 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

We might have a winner.
    ———
    If you are in on this book, can you go nudge them on the kickstarter page. I can’t imagine that Pinside will get much traction.

You might try the Whois info for Paperflock.com. Phone number and email addresses there.
    http://api.fastdomain.com/cgi/whois?domain=paperflock.com

#1082 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Books are hard.
    Pinball is hard.

They might have pushed the release date to 2019 for Stern Pinball's 20th anniversary.

#1083 5 years ago

Update.....

Hey Kickstarter Backers!

There has been a lot going on with Keeping the Ball Alive in the last month!

First we are hiring an intern to help us do some Photoshop work to help speed up the process.

We now have a layout with all chapters and games, and we are tweaking the flow of the graphic design. There is still a lot of work to do but we feel good about the progress that has been made.

We have images of every machine Stern has made, but we would still like a few more so we scheduled one last shoot at the end of this month to better document a few of the older games.

We should have all content done by end of the month, and along the way our graphic designer Zach is going to be working on layouts.

We have been in communication with Greg at Stern about their CD archives, and they have taken on an intern to help them digitize the older artwork just for this project! Greg is providing us a list of what they have available and to help identify how far back they have high resolution digital game assets.

In addition, George has been collecting more of his personal sketches, physical molds, toys, etc for us.

This process is taking longer than we expected, as it has been at every stage, but the content we are putting together is first rate!

In my opinion there has never been a pinball book like this before

Thank you all for your patience I know it is difficult, but good things are happening!

With gratitude, Joe and Dameon, the Paperflock Team

#1084 5 years ago

#1085 5 years ago

I got to put in the very first comment. I'm not sure that they'll approve, but it made me feel better

2018-08-17 16_49_13-Keeping the Ball Alive_ 30 Years of Stern Pinball by PaperFlock Inc — Kickstarte (resized).png2018-08-17 16_49_13-Keeping the Ball Alive_ 30 Years of Stern Pinball by PaperFlock Inc — Kickstarte (resized).png

#1086 5 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Update.....
    Hey Kickstarter Backers!
    There has been a lot going on with Keeping the Ball Alive in the last month!
    First we are hiring an intern to help us do some Photoshop work to help speed up the process.
    We now have a layout with all chapters and games, and we are tweaking the flow of the graphic design. There is still a lot of work to do but we feel good about the progress that has been made.
    We have images of every machine Stern has made, but we would still like a few more so we scheduled one last shoot at the end of this month to better document a few of the older games.
    We should have all content done by end of the month, and along the way our graphic designer Zach is going to be working on layouts.
    We have been in communication with Greg at Stern about their CD archives, and they have taken on an intern to help them digitize the older artwork just for this project! Greg is providing us a list of what they have available and to help identify how far back they have high resolution digital game assets.
    In addition, George has been collecting more of his personal sketches, physical molds, toys, etc for us.
    This process is taking longer than we expected, as it has been at every stage, but the content we are putting together is first rate!
    In my opinion there has never been a pinball book like this before
    Thank you all for your patience I know it is difficult, but good things are happening!
    With gratitude, Joe and Dameon, the Paperflock Team

Update! We hired a few interns

The Paperflock Team

#1087 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Usually when we stir the pot this much Joe magically shows up and vows he's back for good. Not this time, Joe?

Lol, works like a charm every time.

#1088 5 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

That photo restoration sample of the work they're doing on pictures was DEFINITELY not "first rate".

#1089 5 years ago

Just think how Zombie Yeti/Chris Franchi's Godzilla art will fly off the page in 2020!

#1090 5 years ago

Well that was fun. See you all again in two months.

#1091 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Good news: Pinball Magazine No. 5 has been sent to the printer. It's the biggest issue so far, exceeding the 260 pages of issue 3, so it's definitely more like a book
    More good news: no pre-order

#1092 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Good news: Pinball Magazine No. 5 has been sent to the printer. It's the biggest issue so far, exceeding the 260 pages of issue 3, so it's definitely more like a book
    More good news: no pre-order

Looking forward to it.

#1093 5 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Update! We hired a few interns
    The Paperflock Team

There was already another misquote.
    He said he was hiring a single intern, not that he already did.

There is no necessity for interns to collate creation of books. It's a rough world today, but you don't have to believe it like Fox Mulder in X Files.

I am sure something will eventually be released, but not what was expected. I will let the backers be the first reviewers on this final results of this project.

#1094 5 years ago

I am so stoked! Now, what was this book about, again?

#1095 5 years ago

“How to fleece a trusting community” I believe they named it. And shame on them forever.

#1096 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

“I’ve been Paperf*cked.”

Quoted from pinsanity:

Absolutely.
    Reward mediocrity, then expect more of the same.

#1098 5 years ago

See U Next Thursday?

#1099 5 years ago

What happens first?

A) Stern pinball book gets made
    or...
    B) Imamaculate Baywatch sells

#1100 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What happens first?
    A) Stern pinball book gets made
    or...
    B) Imamaculate Baywatch sells

B

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/22?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.