1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,037 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2D0886E1-D36E-4BB1-9C8F-71153106955F (resized).jpeg
    C12A773A-8532-44BB-8F35-4ABE7D7BA854 (resized).png
    74177090-3160-46AE-809E-E94533E90D99 (resized).png
    candid monsters 2 book cover low r (resized).jpg
    spfx_10_front_back (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180521_175623 (resized).jpg
    sternbook-pic (resized).jpg
    Retouching (resized).jpg
    28A7EE4E-93FE-4E7A-9F47-1515569CE752.gif
    350 (resized).png
    2wFRLcV5d4ttS.gif
    434 (resized).JPG
    2018-03-02 17_24_13-Stern coffee table book Kickstarter_!_ _ Pinside Forum (resized).jpg
    20180228_231812 (resized).jpg
    20180228_231709 (resized).jpg
    Good-Fellas-Hilarious (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1041 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
    #1001 13 days ago

thanks hool10

wtf is joe providing these promised monthly updates?!?

#1002 11 days ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Looks like our Pinball Adventures Volume 1 will be out mid August...and we would love to have Volume two out for signings at the Pinball Expo in Chicago--my team will be there too (publisher). We realize it would be a long shot for that, as it is tentatively planned for December release.

I don't suppose there's an International shipping arrangement in place as yet?

I'm willing to stand as the trial case of how many volumes I can receive in Australia before I get my Kickstarter pledge fulfilled.

#1003 8 days ago

They got a CD from Stern now. So hurray?.....

#1004 8 days ago

What is gonna show up first, a sighting of a Model 3 or this book?

#1005 8 days ago

Update:

The CD Archive!!!
    Posted by PaperFlock Inc (Creator)
    Hello Backers!

We are making great progress in design and have just had the opportunity to dive into Stern's highly guarded CD archive!

This is a really big deal, they are making a huge gesture of trust and dedicating time from their staff to make sure this book looks amazing!

Below is a tiny taste of what we have found in there.

Thank you all for your support and patience, Joe and Dameon, the Paperflock team

74177090-3160-46AE-809E-E94533E90D99 (resized).pngC12A773A-8532-44BB-8F35-4ABE7D7BA854 (resized).png
    #1006 8 days ago

hey, let's go back to the archives and restart the book.

Wasn't Stern "on board" with this from the start? With editorial control? So why the 11th hour offering of images?

I'm looking forward to Todd's books more and more now. How many can he deliver before the Stern book?

#1007 8 days ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

Update:
    The CD Archive!!!
    Posted by PaperFlock Inc (Creator)
    Hello Backers!
    We are making great progress in design and have just had the opportunity to dive into Stern's highly guarded CD archive!
    This is a really big deal, they are making a huge gesture of trust and dedicating time from their staff to make sure this book looks amazing!
    Below is a tiny taste of what we have found in there.
    Thank you all for your support and patience, Joe and Dameon, the Paperflock team

Are we supposed to be excited because they are still gathering info for this book, or concerned because they are still gathering info for this long overdue book?

#1008 8 days ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

They got a CD from Stern now. So hurray?.....

A cease and desist?

#1009 8 days ago

Aerosmith, Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy and Iron Maiden have all been released since this book started. Also 4 vault/home edition models...

#1010 8 days ago

I probably shouldn't comment on this, but didn't the update of 2 months ago indicate that it would be 8 weeks for the designer of the book to be done with the design? And now there is new artwork available?

As for the CD archive: aren't those WNBJM images also on the Whizbang website? I thought for a second you had access to the CD archive that contains files from the early games. WNBJM was only a few years ago. can't believe they actually still used CDs at that time. You'd think it be all hard drives by then.

#1011 8 days ago
    Quoted from Travish:

A cease and desist?

Complete and Distribute.

#1012 8 days ago

Posted May 8, 2018:

Quoted from JoeDP:

I know time frame is the big question right now.

We believe the design process will be around 8 weeks for a book this size.

The content is collected.

The story is written.

The people are in place.

And we are excited about finishing this project in the best way we can.

It's insane to me that an update 2 months after the above was posted doesn't address what should be the final steps before printing, but talks getting assets.

#1013 8 days ago

When will these books ship? The delay is beyond any excuse they can come up with at this point. Looks like complete incompetence to me.

#1014 8 days ago

It’s obvious this thing is no where near done. The pin community has been strung along, and taken advantage of. If toddtuckey can get a book deal consummated and finished in a few months time....really makes these guys look bad.

#1015 7 days ago

Well either he was working on the last few months finishing up the other Kickstarter and then started working on the Stern book or, like Gomez said he just expanded the book a lot to include Data East, etc. Would like communication.

#1016 7 days ago

I think the Flockers should hold things off just a little longer until Elvira 3 is out...

#1017 7 days ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I think the Flockers should hold things off just a little longer until Elvira 3 is out...

If we're expanding the scope to Data East, let's expand to Stern's competitors to get a complete picture of Stern's journey! Why not expand to Deeproot and just release a bigger book next Fall? A homebrew chapter would be cool, too, let's add that and delay it some more!

In showbiz, these moves would be called vamping.

#1018 7 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

If we're expanding the scope to Data East, let's expand to Stern's competitors to get a complete picture of Stern's journey! Why not expand to Deeproot and just release a bigger book next Fall? A homebrew chapter would be cool, too, let's add that and delay it some more!
    In showbiz, these moves would be called vamping.

Good idea. Here’s the first proof...

2D0886E1-D36E-4BB1-9C8F-71153106955F (resized).jpeg
    #1019 7 days ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Good idea. Here’s the first proof...

Does that still qualify for media mail?

#1020 6 days ago

Maybe it's not a coffee table book anymore but like a big book now?

#1021 6 days ago

Maybe it's no book now....

#1022 6 days ago

Maybe it's 10 books with Todd Tuckey narrating...

#1023 5 days ago

Will Iron Maiden be in the book? ....Asking for a friend.

#1024 5 days ago

Ironic a book about the only company that ships games quickly is on a shipping timeline of all its competitors...

#1025 4 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe it's no book now....

Maybe just a digital download now??

#1026 4 days ago

They should get started on the "deeproot 30th anniversary" book today.

#1027 4 days ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

They should get started on the "deeproot 30th anniversary" book today.

I'm sure that joe will be back in 30 days to announce it (along with a 50th year anniversary book for Jersey Jack and Spooky

#1028 4 days ago

This thread is still running

#1029 4 days ago
    Quoted from JY64:

This thread is still running

yes, the general consensus is that we've accomplished more here than paperflock has (and that's not saying much

#1030 4 days ago

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Dutch Pinball’s book and start a GoFundMe to fund PaperFlock hiring someone to actually write the book.

#1031 4 days ago

Acquiring necessary source material two years later should not inspire confidence by anyone.

The key word is necessary, not optional. This is not how to publish a book or even conduct research to begin to write a book of 30 years of history. This also contradicts the statements previously made with final progress. It took me a nearly a year to get the full 10 years of design history for my Ted Zale transcript and finish it.

Detailed source material is the second step after developing an outline structure and basic transcript (by whomever, contracted or otherwise). Photos, promotional trade media, and development sketches provides depth of study into the topic in question, as it was not covering games since 2010, but 1987. You cannot have a final layout without this stock material. So, which is it? Why does it take two years get material needed that was supported by Stern? This is ass backwards, not logical, and shows lack of concern on behalf of all parties involved. The answer is the layout is not finished, photos not selected, and material remains under review for not revision but inclusion.

ToddTuckey will have released all his book volumes by the time this freight train boxcar continues on its shaky rails, if not derailed sooner.
    I hate seeing people waste money on things they are passionate in learning about only to be disappointed.

#1032 4 days ago

maybe I should start a kickstarter to fund tracking down joe and the rest of the paperflock team so that we can bring them to expo this year for a public flogging

#1033 4 days ago

How many people would get a refund if they could?

#1034 4 days ago

I tried to numerous times, but haven't been successful

#1035 4 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I tried to numerous times, but haven't been successful

Pretty much a sure sign their $$$ has already dried up. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go down the same path as other Kickstarters and soon start to hear about some sort of other fundraising in a last-ditch effort to get more money for the project.

#1036 3 days ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "had I known the sh!tsh*w that this would become, my $300+ (yep, I was dumb enough to sign in for one of those top tiers) would have been better off buying complete strangers a round at the local bar"

given stern's involvement in this, I believe that they should be held accountable as well to some degree

#1037 3 days ago

Joe DP will come and post one of his usual excuses. Soon after almost everyone who's in will thank him for the update and tell him to keep up the good work...

#1038 3 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

had I known the sh!tsh*w that this would become, my $300+ would have been better off buying complete strangers a round at the local bar

It's not too late to salvage at least that much. I'll meet you at the bar and we can commiserate about the loss of your money. I prefer Russian imperial stouts.

If you'd like to upgrade to a higher tier I also drink scotch and bourbon.

#1039 3 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "had I known the sh!tsh*w that this would become, my $300+ (yep, I was dumb enough to sign in for one of those top tiers) would have been better off buying complete strangers a round at the local bar"
    given stern's involvement in this, I believe that they should be held accountable as well to some degree

I drink Bourbon, but I would be hard pressed on a good night to do more than 3 $20 pours. See you at the next show, you can buy the first round

#1040 3 days ago

This and a couple other failed kickstarters have turned me completely off from ever pre-buying into anything. There just isn't enough accountability in the process.

#1041 3 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I drink Bourbon, but I would be hard pressed on a good night to do more than 3 $20 pours. See you at the next show, you can buy the first round

I believe that it's you that probably owes me a drink or two mister

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 999.00
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 45.00
    Boards
    FLIPPROJETS
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.50
    $ 20.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    BumperNets Inc
    $ 48.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 1041 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside