• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smokey_789
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

Almost the end of the year we getting new code today or tomorrow?

hoping for some Metallica, ST and maybe an AC/DC update. Be nice to see an Avengers and Xmen update, but I wont hold my breath for those. . . . maybe Xmen in 2014?

Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

if xmen gets it. It will probably be very minor. Why wasting time and money on a game they dont produce anymore...

#3 10 years ago

ST Code tomorrow..... I hope

#4 10 years ago

Metallica - AC/DC - Xmen, and Tron. I spoke to myself about this while thinking about stern so I am now a source. Let it be said all 4 will happen!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

if xmen gets it. It will probably be very minor. Why wasting time and money on a game they dont produce anymore...

They're still making Pros. Even if they weren't, it's not a waste of time and money to finish what you started. That results in good will, good word of mouth, old machines holding their value and new machines being purchased with confidence.

...and they're working on it. Fact. New X-Men code coming.

And ST, Met, Avengers...

#6 10 years ago

I don't see another update for Tron ever coming....that last one seemed to address everything we needed and some extras.

#7 10 years ago

Wouldn't mind getting an Avatar update with some additional graphics and such.....i.e. Banshi mode is all basic text on the DMD....however I don't see that ever happening either

#8 10 years ago

I am just going off the rumors that Lyman had a home code he was working on - just for fun. Then you think about the random the game has changed post on FB - dream big my friend. Keep in mind I am now an official source for stern. I know what I am making up!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I don't see another update for Tron ever coming....that last one seemed to address everything we needed and some extras.

Extra balls still don't ever happen in the scoop on a pro. I'm 2000 games deep, and I have had one. They're set to 25%.

And it would be nice if SOS cancels out any other mode running (a la Zuse fast scoring).

There are things that could be fixed, like a better set chance or way to achieve special, but as it stands it's miles more complete than the others mentioned in this thread.

Metallica deserves an update, I have no intention of ever owning that game, or playing it, but I think it needs the update most as far was what was promised vs. what was delivered, then probably Xmen and ST. But ST will probably have one before Xmen, as Xmen is no longer in production, so it's not like an improvement in software will directly effect sales from Stern.

#10 10 years ago

I don't mind waiting on Xmen code and waiting till it's tested and has the time it needs to be great! I have faith we will get it when its ready : ) I think the latest update was Transformers that was uploaded on the 24th so who knows when the updates will hit.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Extra balls still don't ever happen in the scoop on a pro. I'm 2000 games deep, and I have had one. They're set to 25%.

??? 12 ramp shots to lite EB, and it's a rare mystery award. What more do you want? Maybe the 25% modifier isn't working right but who the hell wants an EB 1 in 4 Flynn scoop shots?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

??? 12 ramp shots to lite EB, and it's a rare mystery award. What more do you want? Maybe the 25% modifier isn't working right but who the hell wants an EB 1 in 4 Flynn scoop shots?

I'm aware of the 12 ramp shots to award an extra ball. I'm just pointing out a code error, you're arguing a preference. If your preference is 0.05% chance of an extra ball on a scoop shot, which is what mine is actually right now, then the menu should say "Extra Ball percentage: 0.05%" in the adjustment options menu and we would both be happy.

What I'm saying is more like why even put an adjuster in the menu options if it does nothing or shows no correlation to changing the thing that it claims to change?

#13 10 years ago

I hope to get an update for Monopoly this year!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're still making Pros. Even if they weren't, it's not a waste of time and money to finish what you started. That results in good will, good word of mouth, old machines holding their value and new machines being purchased with confidence.
And ST, Met, Avengers...

They still make the pro? They moved it out to their out of production page on the site.

I look foward to an update then. (still not holding my breath for a mega update tough) Xmen have so mutch potential.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from JackSlater:

They still make the pro? They moved it out to their out of production page on the site.
I look foward to an update then. Xmen have so mutch potential.

Oh, they must have recently retired it then...still - distribs have them in stock. In any case - I know for a fact X-Men is still being worked on and updates are coming.

#16 10 years ago

I'd like a PotC code update as well.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

And ST, Met, Avengers...

It sure would be nice to get an Avengers update to solidify the code with a lot of the suggestions that Pinsiders came up with in this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

#18 10 years ago

Look foward to reviews and new videos then.

#19 10 years ago

Historically there has always been software updates around christmas, we'll see what we get this year.

#20 10 years ago

I'm aware of the 12 ramp shots to award an extra ball. I'm just pointing out a code error, you're arguing a preference. If your preference is 0.05% chance of an extra ball on a scoop shot, which is what mine is actually right now, then the menu should say "Extra Ball percentage: 0.05%" in the adjustment options menu and we would both be happy.
What I'm saying is more like why even put an adjuster in the menu options if it does nothing or shows no correlation to changing the thing that it claims to change?

Sorry I read it as though you were implying EB can't happen in the scoop - the real bug is that the adjuster % doesn't work. Very different issues imo.

Overall there's a number of things in the menus that don't do much and it's not unique to Tron - ever gone to the help button in the menus?

#21 10 years ago

The ST Urban update is supposed to be this week isn't it?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope so . . . that should be fantastic.

#23 10 years ago

I'm kind of hoping we get an ST update that does NOT include the Urban speech pack, because that would guarantee we get another update at some point. If it is the Urban pack, then who knows if/when we might see another.

#24 10 years ago

So I looked up all the readme file release dates, sometimes they are off a few days. But this is what I found for December Games:

WOF Dec 20 -
X-men Dec 21st - well we know how that went. Also I would like to add that was Gomez big contribution his new ideas were these power packs and QR codes. I am sure more has come out of him, but that was the original press release.
Indy - Dec 12
CSI Dec - 7
TF - Dec 21st - part of the power pack idea
Avengers - Dec 12th… so all hope is based on one year really, last year.

#25 10 years ago

I am guessing that most developers at stern took off from dec 21-jan5. Most offices are empty during those times.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

V1.4 is being worked on. So who knows fingers crossed

#27 10 years ago

Stern only has Christmas Day off. Heard it from someone working today.

No, I don't know anything about code.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Stern only has Christmas Day off. Heard it from someone working today.
No, I don't know anything about code.

In sure they have New Year's Day off and a number of paid vacation days.

#29 10 years ago

And it would be nice if SOS cancels out any other mode running (a la Zuse fast scoring).
There are things that could be fixed, like a better set chance or way to achieve special, but as it stands it's miles more complete than the others mentioned in this thread.
Metallica deserves an update, I have no intention of ever owning that game, or playing it, but I think it needs the update most as far was what was promised vs. what was delivered, then probably Xmen and ST. But ST will probably have one before Xmen, as Xmen is no longer in production, so it's not like an improvement in software will directly effect sales from Stern.

Tron is perfect. Set extra ball to 50 percent and you will see an extra ball at the scoop in less than 200 games. Also, extra ball is earned at 12 ramps on the pro with the latest update, so its attainable every game.

Special doesnt matter to a home game, but i guess if you are playing on route it could be important.

Once SOS starts, the next mode that isnt complete is the mode to beat, not sure what you mean by cancelling modes.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Stern only has Christmas Day off.

"Make them work nights!"

#31 10 years ago

Let it go. Time for family.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

#32 10 years ago

It ain't coming this year boys

Coal for everyone, txs stern.

#33 10 years ago

MAYBE: (this is just a guess)
The EB% is for ALL EB's, after all, it's not "scoop EB %".
And if you are scoring ramp EB's regularly enough, the scoop ones aren't needed to bump the %.
And if you're scoring ramp EB's, who cares about the scoop?
Calling this a "code error" is wrong, perhaps you just don't get what EB% means.
Quit shooting ramps, then you might start getting them at the scoop more.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Let it go. Time for family.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank You.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-updates-dec-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.