(Topic ID: 72152)

Stern code updates - beyond the point of no return??

By RGR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by poibug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern code updates - beyond the point of no return??”

• All games made will be completed in time 15 votes
      11%
    • Stern are going to kill the market due to loss of customer confidence 37 votes
      26%
    • I would rather buy a remake knowing that the entire game will be finished. 25 votes
      18%
    • I am tired of waiting for updates... I give up.. 44 votes
      31%
    • Given the amount of other companies out there I dont care about Sterns games... 21 votes
      15%

(142 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powerslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

I was big fan of Stern with what I saw with all software of AC/DC,near of every 2-3 month it has new software,I sold all my old game (TZ,IJ,GNR,CP,CV,TOM...) to buy each new arrival of Stern,Avengers,AC/DC,Metallica,X men
    What a mistake:Stern has chance to beat all this game with good software and they missed the boat
    I'll never buy Stern game
    Thanks to Jersey Jack to show us that it's possible to make new software each month

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I was thrilled with the quality of avengers code on release and am perfectly fine if its never touched again. Xmen code is almost there. A few dots and a couple bug fixes and its good. Game is fully playable and pretty fun now. Acdc is a code masterpiece. Some of the best pinball software of all time (even though I'm not a huge fan of the game). Transformers is fine. Does not need an update. I hit the battle for cyber tron wizard mode this weekend for first time.
    Metallica is the biggest problem at stern right now. The games software is so barren that I consider it unplayable. Was fun a couple weeks but now its just idle. Star Trek is in great shape already. I know there's more to come, but that game is fully playable and plays great.
    I own a lot of sterns. And the two games I own with the worst code are Metallica and WoZ. Why isn't there a matching topic on this for JJP?

Because JJP give new code for WOZ each month.Just for fun look what Stern gave for the last 4 games on the last 9 month and you gone understand

#43 10 years ago

Well said

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powerslave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-updates-beyond-the-point-of-no-return?tu=powerslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.