Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sebseb12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    e3323c86479e13059c6377f4c74106922125b82d_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 8 years ago

Games needing code fixes at the moment. Mostly bugs or missing features. Or bugs making it impossible to progress further.
    And time since last update.

Avengers. Thor flasher. And hulk drop fix.
    2 years

Xmen. Dark Phoenix progression fix.
    1.5 years

Star trek. callouts dropping on mode starts. Some modes no sounds.
    Timer fixes, and progression fixes
    10 months.

Then. WWE, Kiss. Etc.
    Most other games had had more recent updates.

But I would say out of all the pins at the moment. Avengers and then ST. Should get updates to finish them.

Other games seem either mostly complete or are being worked on currently, or have less bugs. Or have had more recent updates.

#108 8 years ago

Well when I had my xmen. And tested it with the glass off after the "final" most recent update. Once starting dark Phoenix and collecting the jackpots/ scoring frenzy. Essentially beating it. You are unable to light any other characters, or start modes.
    No character inserts will light or collect to try again. On any ball after.

Yes things score, but any mode/ character progression to danger room or dark Phoenix a second time is impossible.
    But you can still light locks for multiball.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Is there an actual "super jackpot" that beats the mode?

No its just a scoring mode where every shot is a jackpot. But kind of like power down on JM. Hit all the lit shots that change around the playfield unlimited until you finally drain. Each shot keeps the timer going. Awesome animations.

I believe the timer on DP is 16 min. If I remember right. And I tried with the glass off to see what happens after the full time. Spoilers.... Nothing.
    It just keeps going.
    But once the mode ends (you drain) you can never try to get there again in the same game.

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I'm a "household owner" and I've had few complaints with code, my specific one that sticks was the long time it took to get Xmen to a high level and I think they did that.
    Even Avengers is complete, it could use some polish but it's complete.

Totally agree. Most older non spike games are complete rules wise. But need bug fixes or tweaking to finish them off.

Hopefully they get it.
    The games I think that really need bug fixes at the moment are Avengers and ST.

As far as all other recent non Spike games they seem pretty finished.
    Anything else is a bonus.

Xmen. Complete game. But no victory lap.

Iron Man. Complete game. A super skill shot would have been a nice addition.

Metallica. Complete awesome game

TWD. Complete great game.

ACDC. Inserts that really don't tie in to the game is wierd. But overall it seems complete.

Mustang. Seems complete but I haven't had lots of time on one.

Avengers. A couple of bugs only. And animations that should have been fixed over 1.5 years ago. But a full game is there.

Star Trek. Missing sounds, or sounds getting cut off on mode starts and a few timer bugs that mess up progressing. But overall a full game experience is there. 10 months since last update.

Do I support the how Stern handles code? Hell NO!
    But they seem to be getting a bit better. Am I a Stern fan boy? Nope. But I am a pinball fanboy. And anything, anyone or ideas that help owners or buyers of pins get what that paid for. Or helps improve their Pinball buying experience. Or improves the games they own I fully support.

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

I am not stomping my feet.
    I am talking about a problem.
    Waiting ridiculous amount of time for code is just plain bad.
    I am not unhappy with the current state of ST, but it took forever to get a code update.
    People are still waiting for code on other pins.
    Stern has had this problem for years, and hasn't done much to fix the problem.
    They delete fb posts, and ban people for bringing up the code issues.
    Posts that were concerns, and not nasty attacks.
    They treat customers poorly.
    The pins are expensive.
    Most expensive products are accompanied with platinum support from other companies.
    Stern shouldn't be any different.
    I am not going to paint a rainbow pic of Gary and Stern.
    It has nothing to do about me stomping my feet.
    This post was for people to voice their issues or become educated with the issues.
    Some people attack others for negative Stern talk.
    If people fling mud, I can fling mud back.
    The post was to discuss the issue, and speculate on when/what pins are going to get code.
    Gary is the owner, and can fix these problems.

Honestly I'm not trying to start an argument but you kinda went about this the wrong way.
    Saying that Gary is a drunk, greedy etc. Really didn't help your complaint. And most people would see that as trolling.

Like you said Pinball is an expensive platinum
    purchase.

If you went into a store and had a complaint about product support and starting accusing the owner of being a drunk and greedy where
    would that get you. I'll tell you, thrown out and laughed at. People around you would think you were having a temper tantrum. Like a 4 year old.

And, yes. I totally agree that Stern's code support and release timing sucks. And they need to hire new/more talent.

So why not just leave it at that. People will disagree. Everyone has an opinion. And some of those that do agree will tend not to post comments that in a thread that start the way this one did. So you alienated yourself.

I can understand your frustration. Many others are frustrated too. Believe me, Stern knows it.
    Gary knows it.

When they make the change is another story.
    Remember the internet is forever.
    Stern can delete FB posts all they want. Search "Stern Pinball" or "Stern Pinball code" or "Stern pinball facebook" and see what comes up.

They can't delete that. But they can eventually change so its good reviews rather than bad that are the first results.

The only way Stern can change that, is to actually change.

And now that Stern's Facebook page lets you rate the company and write a review.
    Why not voice your opinion there. But in a professional manner. So it doesn't just look like someone trolling their page.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-updates-1?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.