Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sebseb12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    e3323c86479e13059c6377f4c74106922125b82d_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

If no one says anything, Stern will continue being a code Grinch.
    You can thank people like myself holding Gary accountable for code updates when your pin gets a much needed update.

Your understanding of how things work is a wee bit simplistic.
    Like the majority of people on Pinside, Gary Stern doesn't listen to you, or value your opinion.

#79 8 years ago

I created this post for people to talk about the code issues.
    You and a few other Gary fanboys want to attack people that don't agree with your opinion.

The sad thing is, you're not talking about code objectively; you're just throwing out bombs and insults.
    Gary has stated that he believes it's best to produce games and keep the factory workers working, and that code gets fixed after the games are released. YOU don't agree with his opinion and you're the one attacking him with comments about vodka, and statements that he doesn't care about customers.
    You're the one who sank thousands into a StarTrek pinball machine that wasn't fully coded. Stern never promised anything with respect to code. No guarantee as to depth, no guarantee as to timing, and no guarantee that you would like it, once finished. You chose to buy it at first glance. Like it or not, it's this buying approach that is the cause of your grief.
    It's just sad that you would start a post like this, trashing the only real producer of pinball machines currently and personally attacking Gary, who has kept pinball alive for the past decade when nobody else could. (Not to mention their recent success with titles like ACDC, Metallica, and The Walking Dead -arguably some of the best pins ever made)

If you're not happy with your StarTrek, I'm pretty certain that you could sell it for more than you paid, even after playing it for over a year.

And yet, you continue to whine and complain more than the guys who lost money to Predator or Jpop.

You're a SadSack my friend. Not certain if this is another account for you, or if you're just the same type of person he is/was, but you're like pinball cancer and your threads should be deleted. There's zero interest in discussing anything, it's just a sad plea for attention.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I refuse to buy games that have just been released and I wait to see what happens with the code. If enough people start doing that then it will affect Stern's bottom line.
    On a positive note, I think GOT code release seems to be happening more frequently and it might be a sign of a changing tide. I truly hope so.

For those of us with limited money and space, this is the only sane approach. A game can change drastically depending on code, as we've seen with most recent smash hits.
    Fortunately, Stern continues to produce titles after the code is complete -if buyers had to put their money down before code was done, this would be a hobby for very few people.
    The thing is, NOBODY is suggesting that people should buy before a game is done. Let the operators do that. Let people pay $1/game to play a game based on look/hype. Not $10,000 give or take, depending where you live.

#129 8 years ago

Delete my thread for voicing an opinion...
    Maybe you need to move to a Communist country where freedom of speech is frowned on.
    You are the SadSack for attacking me for a differing opinion.

It's not your opinion that I'm attacking, it's your comments about Gary and the fact that you started off with personal attacks. And despite what you may think, there are limits to freedom of speech, or the KKK would be running TV ads.
    If you don't like Stern and the way they handle code and provide customer support, you're encouraged to purchase machines from the other manufacturers.
    In other words: Sell your game at a profit and get out of the hobby as it's clearly not what you were expecting.

On a forum where people share their appreciation for pinball, and in a world where most others think we're all crazy for having these things, do you have to find a way to be as negative as can be, or could you possibly try to offer some constructive criticism?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-updates-1?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.