Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sebseb12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    e3323c86479e13059c6377f4c74106922125b82d_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

You keep running yourself in circles.

You are running in circles.
    I don't like Stern's code support.
    ST has great code, but it took forever to get to the current stage.
    There are people with crappy code.
    Gary doesn't care about the customers.
    My posts have expressed these items.
    I haven't changed my opinion on Gary or his company.
    And Gary hits the vodka quite often.
    It gets brought up all the time on here.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

All this energy for 5%?

My post was more for other people waiting for code.
    I just made a comment about ST.
    I understand the frustration from waiting for code.
    Not all Sterns are great.
    Avengers, Wheel of Fortune, and others aren't great games.

#53 8 years ago

Mustang and WWE aren't great pins.

#54 8 years ago

Whatever...
    Stern fanboys...

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Whatever...
    Stern fanboys...

Trade you Earthshaker for ST|LE? It has complete code. You'll love it.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You should sell your sterns and go buy those 90's pins with complete code.

You just show up to shoot your mouth off, and sound like an idiot at times.
    There are a lot of Pinside people with 90s pins.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Trade you Earthshaker for ST|LE? It has complete code. You'll love it.

No
    I won't buy a future NIB pin.
    My post was for people waiting for code, and I have hopes for more ST code.
    I don't like Gary.
    His Facebook page has comments from brainless people like you.

#58 8 years ago

Skill shot, super combo. Drained the topic and ignored you. 1,000,000 points!

Disclaimer: the super skill shot code hasn't been implemented yet. It may or may not come in a future update. Stay tuned.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Skill shot, super combo. Drained the topic and ignored you. 1,000,000 points!
    Disclaimer: the super skill shot code hasn't been implemented yet. It may or may not come in a future update. Stay tuned.

Whatever floats your boat skippy...
    May not is more likely...

#60 8 years ago

Games needing code fixes at the moment. Mostly bugs or missing features. Or bugs making it impossible to progress further.
    And time since last update.

Avengers. Thor flasher. And hulk drop fix.
    2 years

Xmen. Dark Phoenix progression fix.
    1.5 years

Star trek. callouts dropping on mode starts. Some modes no sounds.
    Timer fixes, and progression fixes
    10 months.

Then. WWE, Kiss. Etc.
    Most other games had had more recent updates.

But I would say out of all the pins at the moment. Avengers and then ST. Should get updates to finish them.

Other games seem either mostly complete or are being worked on currently, or have less bugs. Or have had more recent updates.

#61 8 years ago

You just show up to shoot your mouth off, and sound like an idiot at times.

You'd think I wouldn't have to with you on here.

You still wear your pig tails like this?

Dis'TearsDis'Tears

#62 8 years ago

If I have learned one thing about #wheresthecode is that people will stone you and then turn around a bitch some more instead of pulling all together. I have close to 300 likes on that facebook page and when I post stuff, no one shares. So what its the point. People bitch but don't have the balls to follow through.

Avengers code update timeline is a joke
    WWE code update timeline is a joke
    TWD is really polished at this point
    ST code update timeline is a joke
    GOT getting all the priority until they release the next game.

I just think the answer to everyone's problem and it's been said a million times before. Don't buy NIB if you can't handle the code swings.
    Yet we still have people bitching about code updates and buy NIB. You buy NIB you have no right to bitch about code updates.

ST for me is a lot better with 1.61. Is it complete? No Does it have bugs? Yes Am I going to lose sleep over it? No Should Stern at least fix the final bugs? Yes. When?...stay tuned!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You'd think I wouldn't have to with you on here.
    You still wear your pig tails like this?
    Dis'Tears

It is my post dude.
    You have a beaver instead of a dick.
    I hear your loud mouth on other posts.
    Your new avatar...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#64 8 years ago

Man, if you guys got on about B/W games with major bugs I think your heads would explode. How dare B/W have major issues in their code after 20 years?!?!?!?!

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Man, if you guys got on about B/W games with major bugs I think your heads would explode. How dare B/W have major issues in their code after 20 years?!?!?!?!

Burning eproms vs. downloading an update file and install via USB cannot even be compared. Stern just as to publish the file online and be done with it. Secondly the operator vs. home market was way different back in the day.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

They cant hear this, they spent all this $ on a new pin and demand the code be done exactly the way they want it.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Software bugs are one thing. Releasing a game which simply isn't finished is on another level entirely. Yes, bugs are a problem, but it's impossible to catch ALL bugs during testing, no matter how rigorous the quality control is. However, there is absolutely no excuse for a company to be selling a product they just haven't bothered finishing. It's a practice driven by greed and laziness and is unsustainable in the long term. It will end badly for both the company and their customers.

#68 8 years ago

Easily solved, do not buy the game until it is finished.

#69 8 years ago

If no one says anything, Stern will continue being a code Grinch.
    You can thank people like myself holding Gary accountable for code updates when your pin gets a much needed update.

I am sure Gary has as much respect for you as you have shown him here.
    And pays attention to code concerns raised here even less because of your shitty ass attitude.
    Thanks for nothing.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Modern stern coding blows away majority of the 90's stuff, way easier to get to wizard modes and complete them on the old stuff.
    Maybe that's why they are so highly ranked, people don't like a challenge.

Good code isnt all about deep rules ? Its nice to have a hard challenge but thats not all that makes pins fun . A Nice light show , balanced scoring for risk vs reward shots, no bugs , dmd images and status are some important things that come to mind for a good code . There are alot of sterns that have nice rules but lack some of the important things which make them not very fun to play . Many of the w/b pins have very well polished code which make them super fun and great for tournaments .

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Easily solved, do not buy the game until it is finished.

Agreed which why I waited to get met and twdp bc now they are amazing considering how they were for over a year after release

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Good code isnt all about deep rules ? Its nice to have a hard challenge but thats not all that makes pins fun . A Nice light show , balanced scoring for risk vs reward shots, no bugs , dmd images and status are some important things that come to mind for a good code . There are alot of sterns that have nice rules but lack some of the important things which make them not very fun to play . Many of the w/b pins have very well polished code which make them super fun and great for tournaments .

Agreed, IM and TRON do not have deep rules and are an absolute blast to play!

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I am sure Gary has as much respect for you as you have shown him here.
    And pays attention to code concerns raised here even less because of your shitty ass attitude.
    Thanks for nothing.

Another Gary fanboy...
    People are angry about code problems that have been going on for years.
    A lot of customers have lost respect for him and his company.
    I don't care if he likes me or not.
    I am a customer that put up with poor service for an expensive toy.
    I know he doesn't care about what people say.
    He cares about money and vodka.
    If he had true competition, he would not be in business any more.
    Fanboys like you who worship him like a king will keep him in business.
    There are a lot of people fed up with the lack of code.

#74 8 years ago

Another Gary fanboy...

Keep crying about your toys, all good. I'll just keep buying them. Best of luck!

#75 8 years ago

Leave out the vodka references (speculative, irrelevant and probably defamatory) and this would be 100% correct.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Keep crying about your toys, all good. I'll just keep buying them. Best of luck!

PT Barnum once said suckers are born every minute.
    I am not crying.
    I won't buy another Stern NIB.
    I created this post for people to talk about the code issues.
    You and a few other Gary fanboys want to attack people that don't agree with your opinion.
    I am not scared of you or the other fanboys.
    Stern has code problems, and you and the other fanboys are in denial.
    But you have a right to keep buying crappy products and services...

#77 8 years ago

If there aren't code problems...
    Why does Stern delete fb posts and block people that post a concern about the lack of code?
    Silencing the truth...
    And he was quite concerned about shirts and flashinstinct's fb page.

#78 8 years ago

Another Gary fanboy...

And you are just a Troll, trying to get your jollies by being as rude and annoying as you can.
    I like how you keep fanning the flames of this otherwise dead topic.
    Gary and Stern have made me money as an operator.
    I have friends that work for Stern, I respect their livelihood and don't try to ruin their company. (In the disguise of being a concerned customer)
    I enjoy playing Stern pinballs.
    My Stern games have held their value, they are a great value as an operator. (Pro versions)
    So yes, guilty of being a fanboy of what helps me and others enjoy life.
    Also, put one of those hallowed B/W games next to a stern, let Anyone play them(that haven't been brainwashed by pinside), and ask them what the difference is, or what is lacking in either machine.
    Nobody will say "code"

#79 8 years ago

I created this post for people to talk about the code issues.
    You and a few other Gary fanboys want to attack people that don't agree with your opinion.

The sad thing is, you're not talking about code objectively; you're just throwing out bombs and insults.
    Gary has stated that he believes it's best to produce games and keep the factory workers working, and that code gets fixed after the games are released. YOU don't agree with his opinion and you're the one attacking him with comments about vodka, and statements that he doesn't care about customers.
    You're the one who sank thousands into a StarTrek pinball machine that wasn't fully coded. Stern never promised anything with respect to code. No guarantee as to depth, no guarantee as to timing, and no guarantee that you would like it, once finished. You chose to buy it at first glance. Like it or not, it's this buying approach that is the cause of your grief.
    It's just sad that you would start a post like this, trashing the only real producer of pinball machines currently and personally attacking Gary, who has kept pinball alive for the past decade when nobody else could. (Not to mention their recent success with titles like ACDC, Metallica, and The Walking Dead -arguably some of the best pins ever made)

If you're not happy with your StarTrek, I'm pretty certain that you could sell it for more than you paid, even after playing it for over a year.

And yet, you continue to whine and complain more than the guys who lost money to Predator or Jpop.

You're a SadSack my friend. Not certain if this is another account for you, or if you're just the same type of person he is/was, but you're like pinball cancer and your threads should be deleted. There's zero interest in discussing anything, it's just a sad plea for attention.

#80 8 years ago

DNO I know we don't see eye to eye when it comes to Stern and their code release. I get it from an operator standpoint if people keep putting coins in the machine code is a moot point. But from a home collector standpoint how can any home collector vouch for a company that doesn't finish their product and doesn't implement code for features that are on the playfield? The company keeps doing it because people (home collectors) don't have the balls to stop buying NIB games when they are released. It's just bad business. One of the only reasons I love Stern games is because they are the only game in town. I could buy older games if I wanted too but really like finished Stern games. If their competitors could produce 1 or 2 games per year and release code in a timely manner, Stern would be in serious trouble. Who knows if that day will ever come. I just know that from my end, I refuse to buy games that have just been released and I wait to see what happens with the code. If enough people start doing that then it will affect Stern's bottom line.

I don't wish them harm (even with my posts). I want them to wake up and at the same time I wish they could look at the bigger picture and realize the harm they are doing to themselves.

On a positive note, I think GOT code release seems to be happening more frequently and it might be a sign of a changing tide. I truly hope so.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I refuse to buy games that have just been released and I wait to see what happens with the code. If enough people start doing that then it will affect Stern's bottom line.
    On a positive note, I think GOT code release seems to be happening more frequently and it might be a sign of a changing tide. I truly hope so.

For those of us with limited money and space, this is the only sane approach. A game can change drastically depending on code, as we've seen with most recent smash hits.
    Fortunately, Stern continues to produce titles after the code is complete -if buyers had to put their money down before code was done, this would be a hobby for very few people.
    The thing is, NOBODY is suggesting that people should buy before a game is done. Let the operators do that. Let people pay $1/game to play a game based on look/hype. Not $10,000 give or take, depending where you live.

#82 8 years ago

DNO I know we don't see eye to eye when it comes to Stern and their code release. I get it from an operator standpoint if people keep putting coins in the machine code is a moot point. But from a home collector standpoint how can any home collector vouch for a company that doesn't finish their product and doesn't implement code for features that are on the playfield? The company keeps doing it because people (home collectors) don't have the balls to stop buying NIB games when they are released. It's just bad business. One of the only reasons I love Stern games is because they are the only game in town. I could buy older games if I wanted too but really like finished Stern games. If their competitors could produce 1 or 2 games per year and release code in a timely manner, Stern would be in serious trouble. Who knows if that day will ever come. I just know that from my end, I refuse to buy games that have just been released and I wait to see what happens with the code. If enough people start doing that then it will affect Stern's bottom line.
    I don't wish them harm (even with my posts). I want them to wake up and at the same time I wish they could look at the bigger picture and realize the harm they are doing to themselves.

I like how your wish list is all sterns!

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I like how your wish list is all sterns!

I know right. I just wait until code is done. I'll even have to put Star Wars on that list.

#84 8 years ago

I waited till the code was done to get my Met and very happy for it. Won't ever buy a NIB without code being updated to where all the inserts are used and all the wizard modes are included. Will continue to laugh at those that buy games uncoded and incomplete for home use, yet complain about it.

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Software bugs are one thing. Releasing a game which simply isn't finished is on another level entirely. Yes, bugs are a problem, but it's impossible to catch ALL bugs during testing, no matter how rigorous the quality control is. However, there is absolutely no excuse for a company to be selling a product they just haven't bothered finishing. It's a practice driven by greed and laziness and is unsustainable in the long term. It will end badly for both the company and their customers.

Are you new to the hobby? Go do your research and find out how many b/w are not finished. Especially from the late 90s. This isn't new. Its been around for decades.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Are you new to the hobby? Go do your research and find out how many b/w are not finished. Especially from the late 90s. This isn't new. Its been around for decades.

Now he'res my question. Does it make it right to leave code unfinished or buggy? Whether it be in the 90's or in 2015/16? Back then the scene was more like 90% operator 10% home collector. Now it's more like 65% / 35% Back in the 90's it was a pain in the ass to update code. Now just a download to a USB stick is all that suffice. So you are comparing apples and oranges.

#87 8 years ago

Now he'res my question. Does it make it right to leave code unfinished or buggy? Whether it be in the 90's or in 2015/16? Back then the scene was more like 90% operator 10% home collector. Now it's more like 65% / 35% Back in the 90's it was a pain in the ass to update code. Now just a download to a USB stick is all that suffice. So you are comparing apples and oranges.

Bugs are one thing but just because you feel it is unfinished does not make it so

#88 8 years ago

I've read about 2 pages of post and that's about all I can say

#89 8 years ago

I like money and vodka, does that mean I am in a death spiral towards bankruptcy?

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

find out how many b/w are not finished. Especially from the late 90s.

And how did that turn out for B/W?

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Bugs are one thing but just because you feel it is unfinished does not make it so

Please explain avengers then? Or the unfinished xmen Limbo game. Until then your points mean nothing.

#92 8 years ago

I wouldnt mind getting an update to AC/DC, it's pretty bad that some inserts don't seem to mean anything

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I wouldnt mind getting an update to AC/DC, it's pretty bad that some inserts don't seem to mean anything

Which inserts?

#95 8 years ago

Cannon inserts dont seem to do anything different, or at least the code for them is not finished

#97 8 years ago

What's not wrapped up on Xmen? I thought that game was pretty bad ass! Just some wiz mode dark Phoenix related?

#98 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

The cannon ones... And OMG who cares. Just like above someone saying they won't buy a game if every insert doesn't do what it was supposed to. That is a joke. AC/DC is a freaking gem of a game. Yes, the original intent of the design changed. But they turned it into an amazing game.

For new games, just wait until the code is good. Yes, I just bought GOT, but I felt the code and direction were good enough to enjoy the game. I play other new ones and they don't give the impression they will be fun.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Cannon inserts dont seem to do anything different, or at least the code for them is not finished

I see a lot of these posts about the inserts and don't get it. Maybe others just have really high expectations for those inserts but to say they don't do anything different wouldn't be accurate.
    The first time the cannon is ready to be fired it is in "cannon fodder" after you make the shot the insert should light steady, complete the FIRE sequence and as soon the cannon is ready to be loaded "cannon volley" will start to flash, then light solid after the cannon shot is taken and so on for "cannon chaos". Once that is done the sequence starts over. Granted it isn't very exciting but certainly not "bad" since they do have a function and are lit at different times for different reasons. We may get surprised someday and have an update that makes a change to them ... who knows ... but they are active.

#100 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

The cannon ones... And OMG who cares. Just like above someone saying they won't buy a game if every insert doesn't do what it was supposed to. That is a joke. AC/DC is a freaking gem of a game. ...

Agreed

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-updates-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.