2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by izzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

What is the difference between a quick and full code install? I downloaded the latest Godzilla code and i tried the full install and it said that it was an invalid code. I installed the quick and that seems fine. I'm downloading the code again to do the full install.
    thx

#2 2 years ago

Its very technical so I can't explain it all right now (I actually have no idea it just takes much longer) but I ALWAYS do the quick install.

ALWAYS

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its very technical so I can't explain it all right now (I actually have no idea it just takes much longer) but I ALWAYS do the quick install.
    ALWAYS

Thx. I tried again with the same result. I even tried the Prem. version and different flash drive. Definitely over my head.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Thx. I tried again with the same result. I even tried the Prem. version and different flash drive. Definitely over my head.

Nothing worse than unboxing a brand new machine with your buddies waiting to play and clicking the Full install
    Ha, some of them never came back

#5 2 years ago

Quick probably just replaces the newly compiled parts of the install, like the .dll where the new code compiled. The install probably has numerous .dlls, most of it compiled code that did not change at all in this update. A full install does exactly that, it installs newly compiled .dlls and all the other install files as well even the .dlls that did not change in this game code release. Hope that helps. Either way, the zip file needs to be unzipped on the USB in order to update correctly.

#6 2 years ago

I did unzip the files, and the quick did load. I was just curious about the difference and if others were having the same issue.
    thx for your reply.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

I did unzip the files, and the quick did load. I was just curious about the difference and if others were having the same issue.
    thx for your reply.

Have not had a single issue. Downloaded code from Stern's site at Support/Game Code onto a USB, unzipped the file, did it as Full/Yes (Yes to verify) install. Have done 0.98, 1.01 and 1.02.

Make sure you are matching the game code type to your pin version, Pro, Premium or LE.

#8 2 years ago

thx for your answer. Haven't had a problem with earlier code installs for Godzilla.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.