Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JodyG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190222_163121 (resized).jpg
    20190222_163155 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Is there a thread that lists the code names of past Stern titles? I know GOTG was "Furry Hats" and TWD was something like "Dinner Time", but I'm curious if there is a list of those...please share if you know any (or know of a thread). Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Here you go:

Furry Hats - Guardians
    Donut - Star Wars (Changed from Cinnabun)
    Toys - Aerosmith
    Shark - Batman66
    Harold - Ghostbusters
    Dudes - WWE
    Politico - Game of Thrones
    Dinner Time - Walking Dead
    Bill - Star Trek
    Biscuit - Mustang
    Grinder - AC/DC

Reference thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/codenames-master-list?hl=howdoyouafford

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

I thought Star wars was cinnabun

Ah, added. Thanks.

#5 6 years ago

Was there one code named Donut?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Was there one code named Donut?

After researching, "Donut" was definitely used for Star Wars. It's referenced with parts in the Star Wars manual (i.e. Part No. 510-7704-00 - DONUT PRO RIGHT RAMP RIVETED ASSEMBLY).

I do remember hearing "Cinnabun" too around that time, but I'm not sure where it was sourced from.

#7 6 years ago

Guardians code name was Furry Hats.

#8 6 years ago

Surprised that WWE was not code named "Brother" as mock to Hogan's overuse of it

#9 6 years ago

Star-KISS

#10 6 years ago

At the Stern factory tour this year at Expo, they told us that they changed Star Wars code name from cinnabun to donut because they feared it was too obvious of a connection to Leia.

1 year later
    #11 5 years ago

My Guardians pro was "Furry Pro"

20190222_163121 (resized).jpg20190222_163121 (resized).jpg20190222_163155 (resized).jpg20190222_163155 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-code-names and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.