• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cheetah3a (resized).jpg
Cheetah_side (resized).jpg
2013-08-15 22.57.59 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

The sounds for the blue cab game sound pretty similar to Flight 2000. I wonder if blue cab Cheetahs used leftover cabs from Flight 2000's run?

[edit]: Hmm...maybe not. IPDB indicates Cheetah was produced in June 1980, and Flight 2000 was produced in August 1980.

[edit]: Actually, maybe there is some merit to that--Cheetah was produced from June to November 1980, and Flight 2000 was produced from August to December 1980. So maybe there was some crossover because of parts availability just to keep the production lines rolling?

[edit3]: I wonder where the serial numbers fall for blue vs black cabinets.

#8 7 years ago

Here's a video of a Flight 2000 with good audio for comparison to the sounds on the blue cab Cheetah (caution--video is loud, so turn down your volume)

#9 7 years ago

Well, I just did a diff comparison between the blue cabinet ROM files and the Flight 2000 ROM files, and there was very little in common. So, it's safe to assume the Flight 2000 ROMs were not simply reused in Cheetah, even though the sounds are similar.

Comparing the blue cabinet and black cabinet ROMs, U1 is very different, U2 has a couple small differences, in U5 the blue cab file has a few more lines than the black cab U5 file, and U6 has a few differences but mostly is the same.

Now I'm wondering if there are any rule differences between the two sets of ROMs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 45.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cheetah-proto-roms-available?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.