Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7162D1DB-07F6-4240-A574-1AFD4CC07262 (resized).jpeg
    0BF934EA-0BC1-4C0C-898F-285DADF8F312 (resized).jpeg
    FB5ECBC5-032C-4FDA-B34C-97A1A9F8C90C (resized).jpeg
    7D084A73-625A-4750-9431-9F6892CB1CD8 (resized).jpeg
    B9CD2737-6427-4BF3-BF0E-784DA6B0AD57 (resized).jpeg
    F3018ECC-C458-4D0A-9DEE-D5B315EA3944 (resized).jpeg
    A5C7C9D1-7244-4838-BCEA-BE681FAD512B (resized).jpeg
    4AB0372F-3189-4F36-98C9-737F519A0531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 2 years ago

Bought 5 NIBs (4x Stern and 1 CGC) in the last 2.5 years and the first thing I do is search the bottom of the box for parts/nuts/screws. Usually find stuff. Then inspect the cabinet (especially the speaker magnet) for more parts. Then try to figure out where they go lol.

The only NIB that had NOTHING loose in the box or cabinet is the one I opened 3 days ago. A ST Pro that sat NIB for years. It needs a bit of tweaking of some rails to give the proper feed to the flippers but that's it. I haven't even levelled it yet and it plays great somehow.

The one with the most loose parts in the box and cabinet was JPLE - my first NIB. However I have to say that the game has been rock solid for over 2.5 years with well over 3500 plays. Yes I play my games a LOT.

In defense of the OP's comments/view, when you buy a new car you don't take it home and go through every nut/bolt to make sure it's assembled properly. Or a fridge, a TV, etc. These are consumer items however and not commercial equipment. The previous comment of the distro being the first line of service is quite valid, but most want the unboxing experience for themselves. If you'd let the distro open the box and go through the game first you'd have a better experience IMHO. Car dealerships don't sell cars off the boat/truck. They "prepare" the vehicle for customer delivery. Same with dirt bikes/snowmobiles etc. Dealership receives it in a box but does the assembly and verification before handing it over to the end buyer. Distros can do the same with pinball machines.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cheap-games?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.