Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

009.JPG
011.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Waited the last couple of years without seeing a Catacomb for sale locally or on Mr. Pinball and at any of the pinball shows in the bay area even to play, but yesterday one popped up on craigslist to my surprise! The guy used to run routes and is trying to get rid of his inventory = many other games still for sale ( someone bought the Mousin around while i was there)

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Expected the game to be rough but when I saw it I was amazed very good cabinet, only two small wear spots on playfield and backglass in good shape with a little splitting at the bottom. Already started tearing it down for a good deep clean + wax , some new rubbers and fuses. Only $700 happy as hell!

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

#2 7 years ago

some more pics

004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

#3 7 years ago

more pics

007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

#4 7 years ago

last of pics

010.JPG 011.JPG 009.JPG

#5 7 years ago

Awesome get! Yet to play this one, Viper and Iron maiden...

This is still my favorite artwork on a pin cabinet.

#6 7 years ago

Damn! I Love the color, artwork of this machine. Have never played it, but i have heard nothing but good things about it. congrats

#7 7 years ago

That rules

#8 7 years ago

Congrats, looks great. Post some after pics. I'd love to play that game.

#9 7 years ago

Is the playfield signed?

#10 7 years ago

No those signatures are painted on I wish
Didnt take pics but the plastics are all there an in great shape.

#11 7 years ago

That looks fantastic. I really like those old Sterns. I've gotta ask, though, how exactly does that game work?

Also, wasn't someone askIng the other day about the three pins with chained women on them?

#12 7 years ago

Congrats on the grab. I played this a couple of times and remember the basics of the rules. Somthing I did always wonder was why does each lane on the back board have 3 switches? Was it a redundancy thing just to make sure 1 of the 3 switches registered the ball going through?

#13 7 years ago

congratulations, seems in very good condition!

#14 7 years ago

Catacomb is a very challenging game, congrats.

You really have to master the bagatelle as well as possible in order to fill up the 'toast'. Requires very quick thinking but the key to higher scores. I've only completed it once.

I find trying to explain the rules to others is now tiresome. You really have to invest time into the game to really appreciate the complexity. Has to be one of, if not the most challenging of the classic Sterns. Go Joos Jr., go.

Awesome looking game too.

#15 7 years ago

Congrats!!! Really cool looking cabinet!

#16 7 years ago

Good find, really awesome art on that pin.

#17 7 years ago

Looks great! Congrats on the pickup.

Todd

#18 7 years ago

Nice, I saw that listing, way to go! I really wish I had the cash on hand for the Haunted house or Dr. Dude, the good deals always seem to come up when I don't have the cash!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

This is still my favorite artwork on a pin cabinet.

+1

The surprised/annoyed dragon is priceless.

#20 7 years ago

Thast playfield is in excellent condition, you're very lucky the backglass is in such nice condition too!! Congratulations!! Never had or played this game, those early Sterns are very nice indeed, they beat the Ballys of the same era both in artwork and gameplay!

#21 7 years ago

PRISONER 1 ESCAPING. CATACOMB!

Love the game. Way ahead of its time. My buddy has one, but not nearly in as nice shape. I just picked up a fully populated play field yesterday. Going to try and restore it for a swap.

Nice score!

#22 7 years ago

Your Catacomb has the letters on the "toast" inserts. Mine does not, nor do most. You may have quite a rare specimen. Enjoy, I love mine and remember, "shoot fast or lose shot"!

#23 7 years ago

Looks great.
Excellent shape for a machine from a route operator.
Nice pickup.

#24 7 years ago

Love my Catacomb, and yours looks like it's in amazing shape! Great price, and great score on that one!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Nice, I saw that listing, way to go! I really wish I had the cash on hand for the Haunted house or Dr. Dude, the good deals always seem to come up when I don't have the cash!

I didn't have the cash either, but was 200 from paying off the credit card so I said I would take a look (planning to walk away disapionted in the condition). When I saw it I knew I had to go back into debt further or kick myself for a long time!
I'll have it paid off in a month or two.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Your Catacomb has the letters on the "toast" inserts. Mine does not, nor do most. You may have quite a rare specimen. Enjoy, I love mine and remember, "shoot fast or lose shot"!

I thought something seemed strange on those pics. So you just go by the letter and color of the center inserts instead of the numbers like on most playfields?

#28 7 years ago

Nice ! The cabinet is splendid ! Wish I could admire / grab one nearby ...
Could not find info about production in IPDB. Any idea of number of units sold ? I do not recall seeing one in France !

#29 7 years ago

they have the production numbers here on pinside. I think its 3900 made.

#30 7 years ago

Sweet, I remember puting a lot of coins in this game when I was a kid

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I didnt notice that until you pointed it out. Wonder if its an early prototype game or what?

#32 7 years ago

Played a pristine restored Caacomb at Pinfest earlier this year. Great game. Still on my want list.

#33 7 years ago

You scored with that purchase.
Scott Charles has a very good "how to play Catacomb" on YouTube. It's an interesting rule set.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#34 7 years ago

Not one of my favorite pins, but damn it looks nice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside