(Topic ID: 301098)

Stern can we please get a new South Park?

By V8haha

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pingrrrl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clapping-timmy-burch.gif
    south-park-eric-cartman.gif

#1 2 years ago

It’s been 20 plus years since South Park was built and if you look at the current prices people are paying big bucks for average examples.

We all know the game play is average but on location this game still earns well! People love the theme! I think a new game with a new layout could be a smash hit!

South Park is still as big as it was 20 years ago and there is so much new material to go off of.

Please operator's are dying for another updated example!

Stern what do you think?

Who else would be in for a new South Park pin?

#2 2 years ago

SP is being brought up by pinflation but i do not think the prices are high enough to generate another south park.

#3 2 years ago

A totally new SP would rock. So much more they can pull from now. Lemiwinks multiball would be hilarious. Bring in coon and friends too.

#4 2 years ago

This is all I have to say.

south-park-eric-cartman.gifsouth-park-eric-cartman.gif
    #5 2 years ago

I've thought for a long time that South Park deserved a newer game. The show has gotten so much more interesting over the years; the original game really only captures the sorta simple fart joke stuff it started with. And despite being such a good earner, the layout/rules on the original are not great.

#6 2 years ago

The theme is A+ for locations could you imagine if the game play was A+ as well?

#7 2 years ago

But could they do an adult version ? Those early ROMs made the game, interesting.

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

I think they could do an awesome one. It would be kinda like TSPP in that they can pull from the best years and most memorable bits. Trey and Matt seem like the kind of nerds that would do custom callouts for their own LEs. Heck, maybe they’d even get their crew to make some special animations or share the model files.

South Park might not be as huge as it was, but the crappy Sega one still makes money on location for a reason.

#9 2 years ago

Agree with this a new south park would be awesome…. The zen pinball version is really good for those itching for some more SP

Anybody could grab this… not just stern…. Spooky? American? JJP. ? Great license up for grabs.

#10 2 years ago

Probably the only theme that would get me to buy a Stern again

#11 2 years ago

Great idea. Hope it happens someday.

#12 2 years ago

South Park rocks, and the most recent xbox games like stick of truth etc are awesome.
    Cant wait to make my one day trip out to Colorado just to eat Casa Bonita!

#13 2 years ago

Going to take a Pinball company with a big pair of kahonas if they were to do it right. I truly hope they do. So tired of this politically correct BS ruining everything. Get the stick out of your ass and have fun. You might just enjoy yourself.

#14 2 years ago

If they can remake Godzilla, they can remake South Park.

#15 2 years ago

My only worry would be that it wouldn't be R rated enough if Stern made a new one.

#16 2 years ago

Have adjustable settings for content. Southpark 20 years later keeps earning.

#18 2 years ago

I made a similar post 8 years ago for TMNT. Stern definitely pays attention to this kind of stuff!

South Park definitely still earns but a new version would be a huge earner. I could justify buying one for every posible location.

Funny thing is i see 10 year old kids still drawn to the old South Park game. It’s what they choose to put their quarters in. Kinda surprising.

It’s a great theme for an extremely wide age group. 10-50 easily

Family and adult mode could definitely be possible in the settings!

I’m sure this is on Sterns radar… the more buzz about it the better.

#19 2 years ago

It's amazing how something can be so wrong and so funny at the exact same time. Timmy!

clapping-timmy-burch.gifclapping-timmy-burch.gif

#20 2 years ago

I like playing South Park, but when I expressed such a sentiment I remember a fellow pinsider saying "The game is objectively bad, despite a number of people trying to say they aren't. You can point out an uninformed person and not be an "elitist"".

...and regarding people who like it: "You can be sure they have no idea what they are talking about"

HAHAHAHA! We're all so "uninformed"!!! Some people are so convinced their opinions are not just right but the ONLY opinion...

I would love to see a South Park remake, but I think the odds are near zero.

#21 2 years ago

“I would love to see a South Park remake, but I think the odds are near zero.”

I wouldn’t say that.
    I’m not asking for a remake of the old game but a brand new example. New layout new art LCD screen.

I would hope however they kept the rules pretty straight forward for beginner players.

I bet we see this title again in the next 5 years.

#22 2 years ago

Put me down for one!

I'll take a South Park "Balls of Steel" Limited Edition!

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Put me down for one!
    I'll take a South Park "Balls of Steel" Limited Edition!

We got a name here guys. We are halfway there.

#24 2 years ago

My guess is that Trey and Matt would ask a LOT more for the rights to make another SP game. South Park was popular back when the original game was made, but now they have FU money!

#25 2 years ago

I would hope spooky gets the title and then works with Trey and Matt like Eric worked with Slash. Spooky could do a reskin like they are doing nowand make a limited Team America pin.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

My guess is that Trey and Matt would ask a LOT more for the rights to make another SP game. South Park was popular back when the original game was made, but now they have FU money!

Together they're worth well over a billion because they negotiated to retain the online streaming rights to the show before anyone realized how valuable they would be later.

I'm sure they don't want to be ripped off or whatever, but I hold out hope that wouldn't try to squeeze Stern. They've given out favorable licensing deals to video game companies because they're video game nerds themselves. If they like pinball, they may also be willing to deal for a lot less.

#27 2 years ago

Kyle's Mom's a big fat stupid bitch!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

I would hope spooky gets the title and then works with Trey and Matt like Eric worked with Slash. Spooky could do a reskin like they are doing nowand make a limited Team America pin.

or beavis and butthead and southpark. that would hit the mark for sure.

#29 2 years ago

Yea their extremely wealthy but i also think it’s something they would enjoy to see. Obviously they were excited about the first one so i imagine they would be excited about it again.

Casa Bonita multi ball bring it on! Haha

#30 2 years ago

Anyone else remember the cameo they did in the Zork video game?

I'd be in for a collector edition.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-can-we-please-get-a-new-south-park and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.