4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    spit_take.gif
    kombat-subway.gif
    keep_calm_and_chill_out_4.png
    brick.jpg
    image-692.jpg
    image.jpg
    images.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Please all let's try to keep it civil. We may have vastly different views but for the most part we share the bond of loving pinball. We can disagree without taking it over the top.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

You know, every so often I stumble on a post from Kaneda and it incites strong opinions that typically question everything from the OPs pinball acumen to intelligence. And after reading Kaneda’s initial post, everything now makes perfect sense. I mean, KISS looks good and as a pinball enthusiast, I admire what all manufacturers do for this hobby – boutique and otherwise. But to make a generalized statement and rip Spooky, JPOP, JJP, etc. Why? Plato was right - “An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.” So babble on, Kaneda! We’ll all share a laugh at your expense.

Are you reading what I wrote or what you want to see? How did I Rip anyone? Please quote me and show me where I did that in this post or where i was wrong. The only empty vessels are those who pre order games and watch their money frozen for years

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

First off, I would say all of this to you face to face. Not a problem. Second, it's all about your self-promotion. No need to mention that you workout, you got a bonus, you went to Ireland. You've been around the world. None.
    Third, my game room HAS been featured in many articles, some of the things I have done in the video game world were featured all over the world on CNET, Yahoo, PCMAG on and fn on. Why don't you know? Because I don't give a flyin f*ck. I'm not here telling everyone what I have done. I'm here to learn and help where I can and to make people laugh. That's it.
    The FIF thing pisses a LOT of people off. Colton said many times 1/2 the money up-front and the rest would result in you getting the paperwork. You never gave him another dime. Just because you convinced him that you didn't have to pay him the rest DOESN'T mean it's right.
    I was one of the last ones to defend you. You were repeatedly asked to slow down, be more mindful, YOU chose not to. That's when I said EFF it, they are right.
    P.S. Stern has such a leg up because 1. Bally/Williams got out of the pinball game and 2. They have a 40+ year head start. End of fn story.

You missed the joke. Nothing in my original post was about self promotion. Seriously man grab one sentence from my original post that's about me. One. Do that and I'll PayPal you $100 immediately

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Yes. It always is. You're not much different than the multiple attention seekers in the past. Post something provocative. Pretend it's innocent. Then attack people for sport. This is right out of Cubeta's playbook. Deny it all you want it's a fact.

Are you blind? Who did I attack? Read! I got attacked left and right. Heck I didn't even attack any of sterns competitors. Please someone refute something i actually said besides just ignorantly hating me

#105 4 years ago

kaneda you are just encouraging more back and forth bickering which will result in this thread being closed.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

You missed the joke. Nothing in my original post was about self promotion. Seriously man grab one sentence from my original post that's about me. One. Do that and I'll PayPal you $100 immediately

I saw magic girl full play field last week - in the jpop section of the first post. I'll take my 100 now

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Kaneda didn't say "everyone else sucks". Many of his points are valid.
    To be honest, I find your "awesome, awesome, awesome" retort more troublesome, but reflective of the "everyone should get a prize" philosophy many folks follow with their kids. Don't tell "Johnny" he sucks, give him a prize and hope nobody notices...

Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad I came back in this thread.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from nutshell79:

I saw magic girl full play field last week - in the jpop section of the first post. I'll take my 100 now

I did see it. How's that about me?

#109 4 years ago

Don't forget about Predator.

#110 4 years ago

Kaneda, I am convinced you must be a heavy drug user! Your ridiculous rants prove you need help!
    Someone please close this ridiculous thread.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

kaneda you are just encouraging more back and forth bickering which will result in this thread being closed.

Please help me understand something. I simply defend my post after a gang of people personally attack me and I get the warning? The moment I challenge anyone I am permanently ejected from the thread. Just wish things were more fair and somebody would actually refute what I said and not make it about me.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

Kaneda, I am convinced you must be a heavy drug user! Your ridiculous rants prove you need help!
    Someone please close this ridiculous thread.</blockquote

Please what about what I said is ridiculous? Take me out of the equation and pull me a single line from my post and explain why it's ridiculous?

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Are you reading what I wrote or what you want to see? How did I Rip anyone? Please quote me and show me where I did that in this post or where i was wrong. The only empty vessels are those who pre order games and watch their money frozen for years

Just look at your initial post - thumbs down abound. I'm a man of the people, and the people have spoken. And the overwhelming opinion is that you are, hmmm....how might I say this without a tread eject? Misguided. And I'm being tactful. Why? While it's perfectly acceptable to extol the virtues of a pin - aesthetic, gameplay and otherwise - there is little need to spotlight the shortcomings of other manufacturers working ardently to improve the hobby with new technology and game design. To me, KISS looks inferior to ST, MET and ACDC on theme alone. Apparently, you're really into dudes in drag - but hey, it's 2015. All good, chief.

#114 4 years ago

You know, every so often I stumble on a post from Kaneda and it incites strong opinions that typically question everything from the OPs pinball acumen to intelligence. And after reading Kaneda’s initial post, everything now makes perfect sense. I mean, KISS looks good and as a pinball enthusiast, I admire what all manufacturers do for this hobby – boutique and otherwise. But to make a generalized statement and rip Spooky, JPOP, JJP, etc. Why? Plato was right - “An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.” So babble on, Kaneda! We’ll all share a laugh at your expense.

Thumbs up for quoting Plato.

#115 4 years ago

Just look at your initial post - thumbs down abound. I'm a man of the people, and the people have spoken. And the overwhelming opinion is that you are, hmmm....how might I say this without a tread eject? Misguided. And I'm being tactful. Why? While it's perfectly acceptable to extol the virtues of a pin - aesthetic, gameplay and otherwise - there is little need to spotlight the shortcomings of other manufacturers working ardently to improve the hobby with new technology and game design. To me, KISS looks inferior to ST, MET and ACDC on theme alone. Apparently, you're really into dudes in drag - but hey, it's 2015. All good, chief.

So please just refute one thing I said. My god man pinside has hundreds of pages spotlighting the short comings and I say some of them nicely and its LOCK THIS THREAD! If you think KISS looks inferior to Star Trek than I cant help you

#116 4 years ago

Kaneda, (aside from this thread) I have no personal problem or riff with you whatsoever and you know that. All I'm saying (and everyone else) is that you could've simply praised Stern for doing a great job implementing the theme of the band and how much you love the Kiss pin, and you would've had a super positive thread and 100 thump ups and 1 would've been from me. All the other stuff you said was unnecessary and uncalled for bro. That's all I'm trying to say and with that, I'm done.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

pinside has hundreds of pages spotlighting the short comings

Thus why it was unnecessary to say all that stuff about the pinball companies working hard to make the hobby better and more fun.
    Thanks for making my point.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Kaneda, (aside from this thread) I have no personal problem or riff with you whatsoever and you know that. All I'm saying (and everyone else) is that you could've simply praised Stern for doing a great job implementing the theme of the band and how much you love the Kiss pin, and you would've had a super positive thread and 100 thump ups and 1 would've been from me. All the other stuff you said was unnecessary and uncalled for bro. That's all I'm trying to say and with that, I'm done.

No I get it. I shouldn't have injected such a provactive headline into this topic. Appreciate that feedback.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad I came back in this thread.

Awesome*3

#120 4 years ago

This thread is not doing anything but spewing negativity and has run its course.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 33.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 218.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside