• Latest reply 6 years ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0088 (resized).JPG
IMGA0087 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Hi guys, would these leg brackets be enough protection for my commin Aerosmith pro?
Or should i protect more?

Maybe someone with an AS pro can confirm it, but all my recent NIB Sterns have come with plastic versions of those attached out of the box and they work great.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Hmmmmm. Plastic included, i bought metal versions also. But as i read, people say williams metal brackets is the way to go.

Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

I think the metal brackets you are referring to are the ones inside the cabinet to keep the sides from splitting. Not sure though.

Yeah that was the first thing I thought when I read DEN reply above.

The ones think you want DEN are these: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-11400-1 they go on the inside of the cabinet and hopefully help reduce/eliminate cabinets splitting.

The ones you posted are basically metal versions of these http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PC-4 you should see a plastic version of these on all 4 corners of your game when you open the box.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Allright, i see, yea i bought those metal ones, i will replace the plastic ones, but as i understand, it will not bee enough, to hold the cabinet!
Allright will order the williams ones also, dams sterns costcut! But, i have seen the clearcoat job on Aerosmith LE, om my good, its nice done

No need to replace the plastic ones on the outside of the cabinet they work perfectly, maybe even a little better than metals ones imo, but your righty they wont do anything to hold the cabinet together, they simply keep the legs off the cabinet/decals a few millimetres.

To hopefully strengthen your cabinet you will need the Williams brackets I posted in the link above, good luck and enjoy that ASLE.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I thought the consensus here was not use the plastic they make the decals wrinkle all up but the metal ones don't? None of my machines have decals and I just cut out thin rubber ones and used that.

Your right, but we are discussing the stand offs that come fitted to all NIB Sterns that keep the legs off the cabinets/decals by a few millimetres. Those where originally metal but are now plastic and work great, one for the few things Stern have added that's an improvement.

I think the OP got mistaken with the protectors he was originally asking about, he wanted to know about the protectors/brackets that go on the inside of the cabinets, that have been highlighted in the canbinet thread to hopefully minimise cabinet seperatation aka splitting, those are metal.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Wont install them on the inside. Will take plastic ones of and screw those metal ones on instead. My early question was, will these outside metal brackets will bee enough protection to prevent cabinet crack on my upcomming Aerosmith pinball.
As i have read. The ones i have bought wont be enough.
How it it with these new stern cabinet cracks. Is it out of the box or after anweeks usage or???!

I answered your question above in post #6

No those metal brackets won't help cabinets splitting you need the metal Williams brackets that go on the "inside" of the cabinet that I linked in post #6

The plastic leg protectors that have been coming on recent Sterns on the "outside" corners of the cabinet are great, no real need to change them to metal.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Classic language barrier .

Yeah but that's the good thing about this hobby we all try to help each other no matter what, one of the best thing about this hobby is the people. I remember when I was new and had the pinball language barrier what's a VUK, what's a diode do etc etc but those guys stuck with me and I'm thankful they did.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

But wouldn't metal brackets screwed in help protecting cabinet split more?
The plastic ones are only to protect cabinet decals.

I think it's more about what you feel will work better, so go with the metal brackets on the out and the Williams brackets I sent you a link for on the inside.

If you don't want the plastic leg protectors pm me! I would be interested in them for an older game I have NIB still, I would take them off you.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here are 2 pictures of the Williams HD leg bolt braces that mount on the inside of the cabinet for the front legs on my GB Pro. The first picture is the one on the right side of the game under the shooter rod. This was the first pair I put on a game, since then I have put that one on upside down, that being so the plate will now mount higher and put more bracing higher up where there is more cabinet flex. The left side can't be done that way because of the tourniment and start buttons are in the way.

He is asking if the metal leg protectors he has brought would hold cabinet together better than plastic. Initially there was some confusion regarding leg protectors s and cabinet brackets.

But now I believe he's asking if the metal leg protectors on the exterior of the cab would offer any greater protection than the factory plastic, as I said above I think the metal will offer him better piece of mind and I would be interested in his plastic ones so win win.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cabinet-protection?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.