• Latest reply 11 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HUO_SPIDERMAN_BLACK_004.JPG
#1 11 years ago

What would you guys use to clean the outside of a recent stern cabinet? In this particular case, a spiderman.

#2 11 years ago

Use something very mild like Simple Green. You might want to cut it down a bit with water. That being said Stern cabinets will easily swell if liquid sits on them to long. Terry B at http://pinballrehab.com/ mentions using foaming carpet cleaner for the inside of cabinets. The foam limits the amount of cleaner applied.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#3 11 years ago

Yeah, like hAbO, I would go 1:10 simple green:water.

#4 11 years ago

My local dollar general only carries mean green, you think I could use that or should I stay away from it?

#5 11 years ago

According to the MSDS' they are not exactly the same so use at your own risk.

#6 11 years ago

I believe Mean Green is a bit stronger but I could be wrong. How dirty is the cabinet?

#7 11 years ago

Simple green and a rag.

#8 11 years ago

Remember to be gentle while cleaning the cabinet. Those Stern graphics will wear right down if you exert too much pressure.

#9 11 years ago

murphy's oil soap spray. rub gently.

-jon

#10 11 years ago

The right side of the backbox has some kind of grime on it near the top. Check out this picture and let me know what ya'll think. I don't want to screw this up.

HUO_SPIDERMAN_BLACK_004.JPGHUO_SPIDERMAN_BLACK_004.JPG

#11 11 years ago

Just start small with some simple green on a soft cloth.....

#12 11 years ago

FYI on Mean Green ...its MEAN...I used it in the past in my house, and it ruined a piece of furniture I was trying to clean from my dog.

#13 11 years ago

+1 on simple green. Just dilute in water if you are worried about it but should be fine as long as you dont spray directly on the cabinet and soak it.

Mean Green..yes, can take off finish but usually its ok. Have used it with no issue but also noticed how it takes off paint (for instance wife uses it on tray tables and it is starting to pull color) so safe that for non wood/painted surfaces like metal and plastic.

#14 11 years ago

That grime is from the packing foam from when it shipped.

#15 11 years ago

I'm sure everyone has their special cleaner and some in depth reason, but I just use fantastik, probably the same as 409. Haven't had any problems so whatever. Simple green I am guessing will work just as well.

#16 11 years ago

Place machine in between two other machines : )

#17 11 years ago

+2 on Simply Green, diluted 10 to 1

#18 11 years ago

Believe it or not but just using Caranuba wax will take that right off. Does anyone else wax their cabinets? I do on my Spiderman.

#19 11 years ago

Well there are quite a few suggestions but I think I'm going to go the 10-1 water to simple green route and hope for the best.

#20 11 years ago

I use a Chemical Guys cleaner that I dilute. It will eat right through the cigarette tar that builds up on the cabinet. Spray it on and wipe it off no need to let it sit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cabinet-cleaning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.