(Topic ID: 221777)

Stern bump'n'win tournament

By groobo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Stern (SAM system) has 2 different tournament modes. High Score and Bump'n'Win. While the HS mode is obvious, I am trying to determine what are the rules on the BnW. There are 2 settings for it Base and Range. Can anyone explain to me how it works and what are the benefits/drawbacks over the HS?
    Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Bump N Win. Say you have it set on 5 winners. 1st place you have to beat that score to get 1st. 2nd place thru 5th place you only have to beat the much lower Bump N Win score to replace one of the 2nd thru 5th places no matter what their score was.

Major draw back is the money split. 1st place gets one fourth of the prize money. 2nd thru 5th splits up three fourths of the prize money. So if it's for cash on location. Anyone can come in the last half hour of the tournament and play four games and get most of the money.

Can't think of any benefits. Only piss off players. They have a high score on 2nd thru 5th and think they are winning money and then lower scores late in the tournament beat them.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Which type is allowed in Wisconsin?

1 year later
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bump N Win.

I've only done the one based on score, it's to bad they only have two formats to pick from.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bump-n-win-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.