Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by roar
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 5.48.04 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210802-232701_Outlook (resized).jpg
    biggame (resized).png
    IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0120 (resized).JPG
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I guess his business wasn’t financially viable anymore and he sold all his assets.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess his business wasn’t financially viable anymore and he sold all his assets.

This is tragic.
    Now that CPR can do widebodies perhaps they will make one.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

This is tragic.
    Now that CPR can do widebodies perhaps they will make one.

Would be awesome, but they said to me in the past they don’t believe there is sufficient interest to make it worth their while. We shall see. I hope they change their mind. I know John said he sold his assets to someone other than CPR.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be awesome, but they said to me in the past they don’t believe there is sufficient interest to make it worth their while. We shall see. I hope they change their mind. I know John said he sold his assets to someone other than CPR.

Not sure I understand that when it's darn hard to fine a clean playfield on this title as most have some wear, most notably of course, on the bingo cards. Then again,
    not very many produced in the first place.
    Here's goes a big "oh well."
    Thanks for the update cw.
    Appreciate the info.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Not sure I understand that when it's darn hard to fine a clean playfield on this title as most have some wear, most notably of course, on the bingo cards. Then again,
    not very many produced in the first place.
    Here's goes a big "oh well."
    Thanks for the update cw.
    Appreciate the info.

Right there with ya brother. Happy 4th to you and yours!

#56 2 years ago

I have an imperfect but complete high resolution playfield scan any BG owners are welcome to if it helps with your restore. It was to be the base for the next Greatwich project.

#57 2 years ago

If CPR or anybody else is listening, I’m a buyer!!!

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If CPR or anybody else is listening, I’m a buyer!!!

CPR's classic Stern track record is terrible. Let's hope for sometime with a better eye for quality.

#59 2 years ago

Your best bet to get it remade by CPR is to get Stu interested. It always seemed whatever he owned got done first cause he did the art.

#60 2 years ago

The project is still being worked on by Carl here in Halifax for the art. I am not allowed to do previous projects moving forward. There is nothing except finances holding me back from future projects. If so it will be from a investment group looking after the business side, & I will be just part of a team. We will see what the future holds for Big Game playfield or Firepower 2 if the corrected art is finished. Playfields are hard & time goes on!

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The project is still being worked on by Carl here in Halifax for the art. I am not allowed to do previous projects moving forward. There is nothing except finances holding me back from future projects. If so it will be from a investment group looking after the business side, & I will be just part of a team. We will see what the future holds for Big Game playfield or Firepower 2 if the corrected art is finished. Playfields are hard & time goes on!

Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted.
    Appreciate it. Looking ahead, I hope you keep
    us informed of any further details.

#62 2 years ago

I am getting ready for personal bankruptcy. Needed quick closure of the business, all my vendors paid off, & remaining prepaid Seawitch guys to be made whole this year by the new owners. Take a serious hit personally but leave for now on positive terms!

4 weeks later
    #63 2 years ago

On another note for Big Game I've sent Pinball Pimp detailed scans of my machine and he will have Stencils available for purchase soon should you want to do a cabinet restoration swing him an Email

Screenshot_20210802-232701_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210802-232701_Outlook (resized).jpg
    #64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gabbo:

I've sent Pinball Pimp detailed scans of my machine

You are my hero thank you!

#66 2 years ago

My understanding is their are multiple groups working towards new playfields for Big Game. Looks like my focus will move towards new pinball builds maybe next year. The market is getting many different groups looking at doing the same item. Good luck to all those pumping out product!

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My understanding is their are multiple groups working towards new playfields for Big Game.

Who’s doing them? Timeframe?

#68 2 years ago

I cannot disclose that info. My best guess is 2 or more groups doing them next year. I will not be getting back into the market. Too many players!

1 year later
    #69 1 year ago

Any news on Big Game playfield. Did anyone end up creating one

1 week later
    #70 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasqer:

Any news on Big Game playfield. Did anyone end up creating one

Yes inquiring minds want to know. Someone needs to reproduce this playfield!

3 months later
    #71 1 year ago

Still no movement on this?

#72 1 year ago

There was an update from FantasticPinball in the BG club thread, looks like it's in process!

Quoted from matthess:

Still no movement on this?

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 5.48.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 5.48.04 AM (resized).png
    1 month later
    #73 1 year ago

Yes there is progress as seen by Fantastic Pinball. Greg Walker bought out my former production of playfields & backglass.

6 months later
    #74 7 months ago

Would love to see this. I’m a buyer!

#75 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Investigate the Big Game Club thread. FantasticPinball in Canada
    is actually producing them.
    Post #2168

#76 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Check in over on Facebook for quick replies... http://facebook.com/FantasticPinball

The playfields are gorgeous btw.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-big-game-playfield/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.