(Topic ID: 241951)

Stern Battle Royale - The best Stern since 2000

By FalconPunch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190505-100155 (resized).png
    giant-douche-or-turd-sandwich-your-call (resized).jpg
    E5CC4882-3E8A-4820-ACF3-F0CFC3A2CBAE (resized).jpeg
    3A2257A5-460B-4C88-8C2B-E68AF0258D28 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190426_132456 (resized).jpg
    ep90ps (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Ohh Boy.
    Ripley's Believe It or Not is meant to be seeded between Guardians and Pirates. Not sure how I missed it.
    We are only 2 hours into the vote but there are already 100+ votes so I think we should just let it it stand.
    Whoops
    Not sure if it would have made it into the final 8 though

How unfortunate.

#33 4 years ago

My hardest decision was IM vs Potc.

Own both for many years.

Potc is good all around pin with lots of toys and overall good rules. But can be a little too much chopping wood.

IM probably win the poll (I voted IM). Something about it seems to be more than the sum of its parts.

#36 4 years ago

Tron v TWD is super tough one for me.

Imo the big three from Borg

Met
    TWD
    Tron

(Hard for me to not see one of those in the final 2). I can’t pick a winner of those.

LotR seems to be top number 1 but for me was too long to play more than a few games in a row.

#46 4 years ago

My worst fear has come to pass TWD v Tron.

Grudgingly vote cast for Tron. The game has changed. Tron was the first “great” Stern game of the last decade.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Well 156 different people agree with you
    The problem is 229 other people don't.
    It is the most shocking thing in pinball. Other people don't like the same stuff you like. I still struggle with the concept too!

But it’s similar story with movies or music or books.

I think XM is well better than Aerosmith not that close imo.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, never knew Spiderman had so little love. Beaten by Deadpool!!!!. I know Deadpool is the latest hipster choice, but Steve Ritchie, Lyman and David Thiel on Spiderman, there’s no competition.
    If Spiderman was new today with an lcd screen and Yeti art you’d all be creaming yourselves.

SM all day over DP

I was surprised that TWD handily beat Tron and I think it's possible that TWD will beat LotR.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

WITHING A COUPLE OF VOTES!
    Spiderman Vs Deadpool
    Star trek and Batman 66

I missed that BM over ST?? I guess code trumps smoothness.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

For me, it’s Deadpool > Metallica for the fun factor and so it’s not a near all music final 4
    [quoted image]

Can’t be all music final 4 because TWD v LotR.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

We will never know because pinball brackets are hard.
    Can you imagine if this was the NCAA basketball tournament selection show. Sorry North Carolina. We forgot to put you in the bracket. Oh well, you probably weren’t going to win your second round game anyway.

Also if Rbion is in the poll maybe Tron doesn’t face TWD or ST doesn’t face BM so it’s kind of just a fluke who’s left at this point imo.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow never seen so many whiners on something that means absolutely nothing.

Is this your first time on the internet?

#107 4 years ago

This is what I think of SM/ST and Tron not being in the final 8.

E5CC4882-3E8A-4820-ACF3-F0CFC3A2CBAE (resized).jpegE5CC4882-3E8A-4820-ACF3-F0CFC3A2CBAE (resized).jpeg

#138 4 years ago

I agree that it was very fun and enjoyable to vote.

nothing is done will please everyone. Like do we put BK in? Do we forgot RBION?

needless to say that one or two pins left out in the middle would have put different pins against different other pins and have (maybe) different outcomes.

I think the top 4 pins from the ranking are the top 4 left. My only view was that some of the top 8 did not make it to top 8 such as ST or SM and they lost out by the thinnest of margins like 2 votes on the H2H matchup and maybe if they were seated differently due to BK or Rbion included we might have had a different top 8.

anyhoo fun poll that reinforces the top 4 made it to the top.

#139 4 years ago

I just wanted to ask Falcon how he was able to make a bracket. I was going to see about doing a similar bracket with maybe other pins but can't figure out how to make it work. Seems like just make a simple poll on the website.

Never mind, I found the bracket area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-battle-royale-the-best-stern-since-2000?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.