(Topic ID: 241951)

Stern Battle Royale - The best Stern since 2000

By FalconPunch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190505-100155 (resized).png
    giant-douche-or-turd-sandwich-your-call (resized).jpg
    E5CC4882-3E8A-4820-ACF3-F0CFC3A2CBAE (resized).jpeg
    3A2257A5-460B-4C88-8C2B-E68AF0258D28 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190426_132456 (resized).jpg
    ep90ps (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guymontag451.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

Voted. But I will give you my top here:

1. Iron Man
    2. Tron
    3. Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro
    4. The Walking Dead
    5. Iron Maiden

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Black Knight just came out and code is not nearly done and you have it #3 above the best game ever TWD? The same Black Knight that makes Star Wars look loaded with features. Black Knight that doesn't even have a real bash toy, just a stupid stand up target in front of the toy?
    Good gawd, you should not be allowed to vote. Ugh

Just giving you my honest feedback. Black Knight is FUN AS F*CK. We get all the new games and operate all of them, and I have been in the hobby for a decade. Between my business partner and myself we own over 120 games. This isn't just a knee jerk reaction to the latest game. Black Knight is WAY BETTER in every way than Star Wars. So I feel as though I should definitely get a vote.

You don't have to like it, and since it isn't even on the poll, the question remains...Why are you so mad bro?
    That was my list, where's yours? Instead of insulting the OP for "pretty much blowing it" and me for not sharing the same favorite game as yourself, why do you feel the need to troll and why can't you just participate decently like the rest of us?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Putting Black Knight ahead of TWD is not participating decently.
    It's a fun game so far. We"ll see how it holds up over time. Certainly better than Star Wars. But just look how empty the playfield on Black Knight is.
    My posts are all tongue in cheek. There is no mad. I was messing with Donkeypunch about blowing the pole.
    Edit:
    List as requested
    TWD premium (best code ever and it's not even close)
    Tron (wonderfully satisfying shots and music. Proves somewhat shallow code can be great)
    LOTR (Great Code and a great Layout. It actually has a bash toy and not some stupid stand up target in front of Balrog)
    Metallica/AcDc (Lyman code again)

We agree more than we disagree. I just have iron man instead of metallica. We both have three Borg games. I still like Black Knight more than Walking Dead, and disagree about Balrog being a better toy. Balrog sucks, just a crappy swinging hinge. I will happily take the flail and shield with a target in the middle instead. I think that the Ring shot is the best feature on LOTR overall, not Balrog. However that game bores me to tears with its ludicrously long ball times. And it has way too many multiballs, and everything is a worthless jackpot. Low hanging fruit. I find that one to be more enjoyable for the novice player because of how forgiving the game is. Starts to feel like a slog the better you become as a player.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

Tron > TWD by a mile, Spiderman > Deadpool, and Ironman > AC/DC by 3 miles

same

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Innovation does not equal fun.

Well said. I mean, there is a reason why we are all still playing with steel balls rolling over painted wood boards 100 years later.

#172 4 years ago

Glad Metallica beat LOTR. Even though Metallica just misses my personal top 5 list, I can't stomach playing LOTR anymore. Respect the game, hate the idea of ever playing it. Metallica is always a blast though.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It says that LOTR is one of the greatest games ever made. But we already knew that. It’s funny that we usually hear from people that either don’t like it, or complain about it. Too long playing. Clunky. But it had everything I love in pinball. Great art, some of the best callouts ever...

Obviously, I will state for the record that I am one of those people that dislike the pin, especially for the reasons you listed above. And also obviously, it is many people's favorite game ( it gets played nonstop at my arcade ).

I have no problem with the things you listed (depth of code, sound, callouts, animations, etc) except for the "great art" comment. C'mon now, I thought we all could agreed that the photoshop art with HORRENDOUS resolution is super lame. Even the LOTR super fans can usually be counted on to point this out. Maybe they will vault it one day and fix it.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Is it a piece of art? Of course not. However, for the art on a pinball machine, it does just fine.

Art is most definitely the least important aspect of a pinball machine. Plenty of Stern's best games came out in the low resolution photoshop dark ages and are still great and fun games (like LOTR). I just pray that we never see that era of art packages again. I am enjoying the fact that we are getting great games WITH great art from them now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guymontag451.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-battle-royale-the-best-stern-since-2000?tu=guymontag451 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.