Quoted from frolic:
I consider my BM66 LE one of the jewels of my collection, perhaps THE jewel.
I wholeheartedly agree. I own an LE and was not pleased during the first Summer that I owned it. It got a really slow start. However, now it's my favorite in a pretty good lineup, squeezed in between IM, Tron, MMR, & TWD. Why is that? Well, during that dark first Summer, BM66 owners created some of the best pin mods ever, and I must have added 6 or 8 to my game during that time period. Then, the code started cranking with numerous updates, and now the game is so deep that you would almost have to be Batman himself to be able to get through half the modes in a single game. The theme immersion is already awesome, as it really feels like you're fighting the villains during game play. The code still isn't finished but here's what it's got right now, besides great music, a treasure trove of video content from the series, and custom call outs from West and Burton:
- Penguin, Joker, Catwoman, and Riddler have approximately 14 combined levels to their modes. I think two of them have four levels and the other two have three levels each.
- Mad Hatter has 2 modes as does Shame, Egghead, and King Tut
- Bookworm and Mr. Freeze each have one mode.
- Completing each Minor Villain also brings some key game play bonus, such as freezing Minor Villain timers, unlocking previously incomplete Minor Villain modes to play again, etc.
- Bat Turn mode is awesome and unique.
- There's a Batpole combo, as well as many other combos and cool graphics as you accumulate them.
- Mini wizards: Villain Escape and Batuzi with supposedly two more coming (all multiballs so far).
- A regular Batcave fight multiball, plus a Shame Minor Villain two ball multiball.
Early buyers had some loose screws and such out of the box and some think the playfield is clunky, and the orbits are a little tighter than usual. I've been able to tweak my playfield here and there to get it to play well for my tastes. The art is awesome and the topper is perhaps the best ever, with a cool Bat Light which can be added. It really is a great game now and there's more coming with another big code update expected in the coming weeks.