Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

But yeah, they suck and are just out to gouge their customers, making junk games.

Well, at least you got that part right.

Quoted from iceman44:

Tell me where else are you going to buy a Nib pin for $5200? That's right no F ing where

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is the only company putting out reliable, fun, full-featured commercial pinball machines on a regular, timely basis at a price point near $5,000.

I swear, this is classic "turn the heat up slowly and watch the frog boil and pop" psychology. 4 years ago, MetPro was a $4400 NIB game. In 4 years, we've inched up to $5200 for the "good distributors who take care of their customers" price, and this community just keeps taking it. 4 years ago, we would cry "MURDER" if a game was regularly $8000 and now look at everyone popping that for SWLE, DI standard edition (let that soak in for a second...the cheapest version is $8000), and AFMLE.

I'll never understand why this community just grabs its ankles and takes it from the pinball companies here. We are the reason these companies exist, and yet, what is the reward, a higher and higher price tag with lower and lower quality. And we keep.........taking..........it. I'll never understand it.

Peep my collection. I stopped with TWDPrem. I realized what Stern is doing, and I will not be taken for a ride. Quality goes down and prices go up - hell with that.

I don't need the newest, most shiney toy on my block. Hell with that. I'm not keeping up with the Jones'. That's nothing but trouble.

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

IMHO people who put a bunch of mods on their games shouldn't expect much of a return on their investment...the exceptions in my mind are color dmd, invisiglass, cliffy's, plastic protectors. All of the add a lot of value to the overall game experience (IMO). Color, and glass alone are $700-$750, cliffys are cheap, but they protect the game, and some are a real pain in the ass to install.

Some people here don't even know how to change a lightbulb but can write a fat $8000 check. You can bet I'm charging for the time it takes me to put one of those Cliffys in. Like the Mystery Hole on BSD, that takes removing all the ramps to do. Think that shit is going to be free...?

Bwhahahahahahhaha. No. It's not. I'm putting a solid $100 for the cliffy plus install time. And now that I think about it, I haven't had a single issue selling either of my previous BSDs.

1 week later
    #459 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pretty easy. People no buy, Stern improve quality.

I think you are HEAVILY underestimating the impulse buying power of this forum. I think some people here would implode if they couldn't buy every game that comes out.

#461 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

True, but at the same rate especially with SW release I see a lot of those "must have next title folks" move to "until stern gets their heads out of their ass I'm not buying folks"
    I solved my problem quickly. I stopped buying NIB games and started buying games before the "ghosting is normal" era.

Agree with you. What I find funny is a lot of people here had to wait until "Stern let them down" over their "childhood dream theme" to make that big decision. Some saw the writing on the wall much earlier. Stern doesn't care about their community; they care about their pocketbook, and some people's chauvinism to Stern is finally wearing thin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.