Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

On a more positive note
    I hope Elvira & Pulp Fiction happen... & are done quite well. Also I hope Stern gets the QC issues figured out & hashes out code nicely. I would rather praise them than "bash" them.
    Because in the end, they're my favorite manufacturer. They made LOTR, TSPP, FGY, RBION, AC/DC, TWD, AS, MET & a few other bad ass games I adore.
    Love my Sterns, love em. I am dealing with cabinet issues right now as well. Maybe that's why I'm so vocal in this thread? Stern is like a relative or friend that I care about... who smokes crack & steals my money from time to time. You know, they disappoint ya sometimes but they're you're cousin n shit from back in the day you were tight with.

Love it. You took my words.

1 week later
    #551 6 years ago
    Quoted from Procrastinator:

Well there was clearly sterns with high hardness numbers so it's not like they don't know what they are doing. On top of it, it's just data, no reason to get your titties all twisted.
    You wanna know why everyone seemingly has a problem with stern? It's because most don't, they simply ask questions and are curious if there $9k pin is gonna look like dogshit in 6 months. Every time someone makes a comment even seemingly slighted at stern, here comes their army to defend them to their core. Most of the time innocuous comments are twisted around like their is some ulterior motives, and we just want stern to fail. The truth is most people want stern to succeed because they do put out some fun games. Maybe if people wouldn't kiss their ass and say, thank you sir, may I have another, maybe they would fix their issues.
    What makes it even more ridiculous is I want a new stern. Trying to decide between a MET, TWD, GB or ST. But according to you, we are just a bunch of anal haters who just dislike stern. Instead of always grabbing your white knight shield, maybe try understanding some people are trying to make sure they don't end up with trash for their $9k purchase.
    Otherwise if it clearly bothers you so much, then piss off somewhere else.

Just found a ghosting insert on my new Star Trek that I bought nib three weeks ago, produced in May 2016. FYI. Wtf

1 week later
    #661 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Prices may not come down, but features could come up
    It's about getting value for your money. Someone please try and argue that Star Wars is a good value. PLEASE. I need a good laugh.

I love all these guys rushing out to buy Star Wars LE pins.

#676 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was a star wars fan, and the DE SW blew me away. I was relatively new at the time when it came out and didn't know pinball all that well. If I would have seen the Stern SW back then. I would have been like....Meh :/

I am buying two LE's, one I am not opening until 2025.

#752 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes and no...afm has a drop bank in front with the scoop in the back combined with the saucer. MET has the 3 target bank with the magnet. SW is a tie fighter on a coil with one target.
    It's ok. Stern can keep pumping out this shit and less people will buy.

I don't think they are selling SW as good as planned. Not sure just speculation. I seriously would buy a SW this month if it was that good. I just can't believe they dropped the ball on the most epic theme. I want to love it, but I just can't. I think my Aerosmith is better. Jmho

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider multiballmaniac1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.