Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The same thing is true and never changes, regardless of how many identical threads hash out the same overstuffed word salads from the same usual sous chefs...
    Stern is the only company putting out reliable, fun, full-featured commercial pinball machines on a regular, timely basis at well under $5500. If you aren't happy with their product and still feel the need to buy a brand new game, feel free to spend thousands of dollars more and try your luck with the other companies.

These threads never get old and you know they piss off Stern to no end.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

No way. Unless you bought it in the mid $6k range
    And you would be the ONLY one
    As for my Woz PF it has scoop chipping and wear in tree pops. No comparison really. No hahahaha about it

Agreed.

Hobbit is a 6.5K game and they still seem to sit quite awhile at that number.

#364 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

All plywood is definitely not the same. They're are different grades ranging from A, the highest, and down. There are also different types of plywood such as soft plywood, hard plywood, marine plywood, airplane plywood. And depending on the resins used and fibers they can definitely range within grades too.

Agreed.

I am sure the rep from Stern walks into the lumberyard and announces, "Give me 10,000 sheets of your cheapest/shittiest plywood".

2 weeks later
    #631 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but the theme sucks and for me its not that fun to shoot at all, build quality right? I would much rather play TWD or MET.

Agreed, MET is an awful theme, but I own a Pro and Premium because the gameplay is top notch.

#662 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's about getting value for your money. Someone please try and argue that Star Wars is a good value. PLEASE. I need a good laugh.

Tough to argue.

I got in about 20 games on a Pro at Jillys in Ocean City, NJ. I watched as even diehard Star Wars fans walked away from the machine disappointed. One game was enough for most.

#677 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

If one game is enough to past judgment then they aren't pinball players, they are douche bags trying a game with the SW all over it, I doubt they are buying the pin or returning to dump money into it on site, the pin is amazing and this horseshit regarding value is just that horseshit, IM, GOT,TRON, many open concept fast games are considered some of the best out there, just because they aren't toys are all over it and magnets underneath doesn't make it a good pin.

I suppose you may be correct, but all of them went on to play multiple games on AS Pro and Spider-Man which were all in the same row.

IM just feels like a much better package to me. The theme integration and the Iron Monger are phenomenal on that game. It just feels right.

I hope SW grows on me.

#694 6 years ago

I think everyone loves Stern games. I know that I do.

However, at these prices the deficiencies which have been discussed are unacceptable.

#769 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes...yes I am Never really thought of that but it's true. Mustang doesn't really have an interactive toy. That's the first thing I did with mustang.....changed the damn car.... I wouldn't want to bash this beauty

Mustang is ridiculously good.

Unfortunately, most folks won't ever realize it because the theme is about an iconic car rather than fictional men in tights or metal suits. I think the music is pretty good too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.