Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 6 years ago

So long as Pinsiders WITHOUT issues continue to post about "Stern QC issues", there will always be perceived problems.

If I ever get a pin that has issues that my Distrib/Stern refuse to help with, I'll change sides, so to speak.
    Until then, I'm a loyal fan.
    With room and money for any two/three pins I want, my current collection is Aerosmith and Star Wars, and I'm not interested in selling either of them for any other pin that's available presently.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is quite disappointing to see some enthusiasts continue to actively deny any types of problems even exists as "it has not happened to them"

Even more disappointing is the consistent whining and complaining from Pinsiders who aren't experiencing issues firsthand.
    We have ZERO idea at how many real issues are making their way out of the Stern factory. NO CLUE as to the defect rate, whatsoever.
    What we DO have, is yet another defamatory thread, created by someone who doesn't own a Stern machine, is not presently experiencing an issue with Stern, just continuing to stir up useless drama and fan the Pinside flames.

When multiple Pinsiders start making posts of their non-functioning machines, without support from Stern, I'll be concerned.
    When multiple threads and photos appear from various end-users, with evidence of defective machines. NOT when the rest of you guys shout "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" NOT when a bad batch of playfields or cabinets gets out and is replaced by Stern.
    That sucks, but it is something that I consider acceptable. So long as the defects are corrected and/or replaced, that's good enough for me. Why? Because it means that the machine I purchased will continue to operate as it should.

Stern has recently upped their game with cabinet reinforcement, bevelled edges at the ball drain area, and a better playfield lift system.
    Those things are important to me because it shows that they recognize previous issues, and have made changes to address them.

An important consideration in my opinion is the number of issues that remain unresolved. Stern replaced Ghostbuster playfields that were poorly manufactured. Recently on Pinside we saw someone who has received a replacement cabinet. When he replied, saying that he was not comfortable completing the playfield swap on his own, they agreed to provide a tech to do the work for him.
    Those are the things I can confirm. Those are the things that show me that Stern does care about consumers.

So what determines whether I continue to support Stern is simply this: If my pin(s) work as designed.
    To date, I've purchased over 12 NIB Stern machines, and have been happy with their performance.

Please: if someone is going to throw stones, can you start by stating how many NIB Sterns you've bought, how many had issues, and if those issues were resolved/unresolved? That information is far more valuable then anyone telling us how pins were built like a tank "when pinball was REALLY pinball".

Something that WOULD be concerning to me, is how Stern is addressing the ghosting on some of the StarWars Pro machines.
    I believe they have replaced one if I'm not mistaken. Has anyone been told to pound sand?

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

All of the counter-arguments on this thread are people denying the existence of "quality" as something existent. It's really weird.

No. They're saying that the machines that they own/have owned, have worked as intended, without issues.

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

That's a ridiculous argument. It hinges on the belief that one is going by total numbers rather than percentage.

I'd suggest that what he's saying is that if 1% of every pin is defective, you'll have 50 Stern owners complaining on here, vs 1 or 2 JJP guys.
    Make sense?

#319 6 years ago

I'm thinking more like: what does it matter?
    If it affects ball travel, then it matters to me.
    If it means that the clear is going to start chipping, then it matters to me.
    If it just means that you'll see some dimples at a certain angle, with the proper lighting, then it doesn't matter to me.

Unless there's more to it that I don't know about?

I'm assuming that this is caused by thicker clear coat.

1 week later
    #588 6 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Do not want to add things, knowing that people here talk about technic and quality, but I am really fed up tonight with my ACDC. My favorite games are sys 11, here with the ACDC the ball goes to the outhole as quickly as I write... impossible to build a game strategy, the ball goes out by the outlanes or in the middle so easily, I hate that. 2 month after purchase, it is on sale. WTF what is that kind of pinball machines they are selling now ????

PLAY BETTER!!!

ACDC is a punishing game but I suggest you not sell it, and tough it out instead.
    It's one of sterns best.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.