Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 6 years ago

2 NIB Sterns. One bad node 8 board on GOT. That's it. Everything else has been perfect.

On the other hand, 2 years of bad light boards on WOZ, which was finally fixed.

JJP cleaned up their problems. I have no doubt Stern will as well (like the corner brackets they've added to their cabinets, for instance).

EDIT: I would still gladly buy from both companies, btw...I'm just not happy with Stern's pricing versus what you actually get...

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You know what PT Barnum said or at least what they say he said.

Step right up?

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Yeah that Star Wars was a major fail.
    Epic fail.
    It almost hurts my feelings. How can I love pinball & love Star Wars but not buy a Star Wars pinball?
    Because it is so stripped bare, so expensive, so... grrrrr, man I'm borderline pissed lol.
    I don't want to shit on Steve Ritchie & blame him. For all I know he's a conference room w/sr leadership saying "Told ya fuckers, hope you're happy"

Favorite game in my house right now...and in others' I know who bought the game. It's really a great game and the code isn't even done yet.

#449 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People that feel threatened when they see or read something means they are part of the problem versus being part of the solution.
    Being envious of knowledge is not an excuse for ignorance in this world.
    I only speak out of experience and personal observation, not conjecture.

Um...is anybody else seeing a wiener on that playfield, or is that my latent homosexuality rearing its ugly head?

#470 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Star Wars...
    Man...
    I was stunned @ Aerosmith & knew I had to have one. But Star Wars was pending so I waited because maybe I'd want Star Wars LE instead of Aerosmith or even better yet BOTH via a SW Premium + Aerosmith Pro.
    My explanations to the wife were already prepared. I was ready for war with the Mrs. I was ready to buy Star Wars & Aerosmith no matter how stupid that may be (considering the price of NIB games).
    But then I saw it.
    Star Wars.
    In all it's stripped down & cut & paste glory...
    Disbelief was the emotion. Then I had questions like "Where's the rest of it" & "why redraw what already exists on a billion other licensed products"
    So here I am.
    No Star Wars.
    Wah!
    Good news though! I ordered Aerosmith & saved the "2 NIB @ the same time" for another day

Your loss. Amazing game.

#599 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I've never had this problem. You see the ball coming, you know it's physics and trajectory, and can nudge & save it on the right.
    The "X blocks my view" phenomenon is interesting. There are some pinball players who can't track the ball unless it's 100% in sight...the people who say the hammer on Metallica blocks their view, for example. I've never felt like it blocked my view...I know where the ball is during that half a second that it's behind something and know where it's going to be momentarily.

Thank you. You just explained why I love my GOT LE...that whole "upper playfield blocks my view so I went with the pro" argument is ridiculous. It's not like you have to do anything with it when it's hidden under there.

#603 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Is that a complaint about GOTLE? I thought the main complaint was one of the orbits not working, the upper playfield slowing down flow, or the upper playfield just being lame.

Well...all of those, yes (although they're really unfounded). But there have been people that don't like the fact you can't see the ball for the entire upper left quadrant of the playfield.

(Anyone who thinks the upper playfield is lame hasn't reached castle multiball yet...there are a lot of goals up there on your path to that!)

#611 6 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Well it is a slight point that you dnt know how far up the ramp the ball DOES NOT go, and as such you have less time to prepare for a SDTM save
    Oh well, love my got pro anyhow.

Never been an issue for me. I think you can tell if you've hit the ball hard enough or not. Or maybe I'm just used to it since I have an IJ and it's essentially the same thing with the blockage from the upper pf. Same thing on WOZ, too. *shrug*

1 week later
    #713 6 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Je répondais juste à ta question, si stern mettait la cle sous la porte, certains de leurs jeux verraient leur vote s'envoler comme B/W.

French fries.

#715 6 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

So here's a 4K video of my playfield at 1000 plays.
    I think it looks pretty great, personally.
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B115idkMwRoxh4;6AC9F8EA-56D8-4239-9BBB-717C8FA9BCB6

Yep. That's about what mine looks like and I agree. I've got no ghosting, some dimpling (of course), but that's about it. VERY satisfied.

And a whopper of a code update coming soon...

#728 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Played all the new stern pins this weekend and was very underwhelmed except for aerosmith pro and premium. I will get a pro down the road . It has it all imo where sw, bat66 , gb( bad design) just seem to be missing something especially sw pro and premium. Which sucks bc i was gonna get a sw pro but it left us cold so its off my list.

That's the game that gets played the most in my house. Added new speakers and a subwoofer and tweaked the cheap drains. It's really a great game and the impending code update will only make it better. Next time you're in Jersey...

#732 6 years ago

No. I was talking about SWLE.

#740 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I played SWLE at the York show this weekend. That fighter on a stick..... BWAHAHAHAHA

...just like Sparky in Metallica.

#746 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah, just like that.

Sure looks like a bobblehead to me. Just add a TIE fighter!

#750 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Difference - Sparky is actually interactive, and has its own mech. Tie fighter in SW is equivalent to a corn dog on a stick.

Right. Like the mothership on AFM, as well. (And the TIE fighter is interactive: Hit the target, and it moves.) My point is we've seen it before. It's only because the TIE fighter is such a stripped down version of a toy we've seen before that it just adds to the insult of the low BOM on SW. But people act like a stupid bobblehead toy hasn't been done for decades. It has...just not so clumsily.

#764 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes and no...afm has a drop bank in front with the scoop in the back combined with the saucer. MET has the 3 target bank with the magnet. SW is a tie fighter on a coil with one target.
    It's ok. Stern can keep pumping out this shit and less people will buy.

I'm just talking about the one item in each game. You're adding more. And SW is still a blast--as is AFM--empty playfield and all.

Quoted from Doctor6:

If people watched how shitty star wars looked in video and STILL bought it.... thats on them. We shouldn't tell people what to buy and what not to buy. They have eyes of their own, too.

...and I don't regret my purchase one bit. The next code update is pretty awesome.

Quoted from frunch:

Just to be clear, you're saying SW Pro is 10x the game TNA is?

He might not be. But I am.

#766 6 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't think I am, I'm just pointing out how the toys work and interact with the gameplay. You are still stuck with a tie fighter on a a stick Mr.Boobs

And you're stuck with a car that does nothing, Flash. And yet, somehow, we both still love our games...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.