Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#540 6 years ago

here is a thought,
    If ghosting inserts and chipped clearcoat and cracks in playfields/ Damaged cabinets (corner seperations) and decals that are peeling off or missing artwork (rip/tears) why do I not see them being showcased at shows and Expos.
    I think it best they bring examples like that. And if you see them like that and buy them like that , that would be the Norm . Correct?
    They would probably get a lot of questions right there at the show on the imperfections and would have to say that is just normal . Then no bashing could be allowed !

#550 6 years ago

I like stern a lot, Best pin next to Bally/Williams /
    Soon they will give us Sharpies with colors in game so if any touchups or tears in decals you may now handle them with ease . Easy fix but the 6 dollars of sharpies per pin may inflate the price another 100 per pin NIB for the extra markers

#571 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

serviceable pieces of equipment with schematics.

yup. we are all duped into buying home pins now / this is sad

#572 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually they used to use Sharpies for touchups in the past. A friend of mine got a Tron LE with Sharpie touchup on the playfield...he had a fit! My friend's 2007 Spider-Man had some Sharpie touchups on the cabinet.

don't doubt it for a second.
    It is withing Build tolerance.
    At least the marker doesnt effect gameplay . /
    Will probably only buy real Pinball machines with servicable parts from now on and leave the homepin Market for good even if they come out with Iron Maiden and Jaws . And by servicable parts i do not mean 268 dollar Node Boards

1 week later
    #615 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Stern code is hit or miss, they **refuse** to fix known bugs or clean up the rules unless the lead programmer does so off the clock

AND THAT IS JUST WRONG. The programmer if fixes on their own time should receive a damn big bonus BIG BONUS / Whomever finished Met Premium code deserves 10k bonus(less than one BM66Sle) / it was so good they remade the game and still they sold out again .
    I will never buy a NIB game EVER again .

Quoted from rai:

Let alone the $15K SLE version costing more 3x what my Tron, IM, TWD, Met pros cost. I think Stern was on thin ice with price/value before SLE cash grab but that did it for me. If they wanted to charge $15k fine but it should have been the best pin ever made and it's not

I Agree 15k for a Turd game like BM66 is just plain Insane!. It's no Harley and can get a 2017 Fatbob s for less than that Borefest.

#618 6 years ago

Turd Game was a bit rather harsh but having had played it . Not much going on . Even if they get a code Update that rocks . I did not enjoy the shots and the sounds all that much . But it is all up to preference . And agree with you any game 7 k and over may get hammered since better coded oldies are much less with exception of a few like MM AFM CV CC BBB ToTAN TOM which to me when I first got in pins in 08 thought were way Overpriced for me . Now sitting here with the collection of new pins see them prices as equal to this Inflation we see now .
    Now with the Crapshoot of quality and price so high, It is better to let someone else drive it off the lot and buy second hand . Unfortunate yes."
    Whomever said that the codes will never get done on most newer games is probably right as they release to many to soon and can not catch up to the current game and unless they do it on their own time it may never get done , I agree

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.