Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Some games dimple. Some games crater. There's a difference. Cratered games will never smooth out. They'll always look like lumpy clay. Stern games have been inconsistent in this way since around Star Trek. My friend's LE looked like absolute mush, mine has some dimples but was overall glassy and smooth.
    So please, when people complain about dimples, don't treat them like they're newbs and don't get it. There are different levels of dimpling. Acceptable metal/wood, and craters. Craters never even out or look good down the road.

Agreed.

If I had the option to buy site unseen on say, IJ, TZ, DM ild bite the bullet as I've never seen a bad playfield on these titles. If it was buy site unseen on say, AFM, TAF, FT ild ask for pictures!

I guess over the many years of pinball production even the bally/Williams guys and girls had bad runs. However, when looking at TZ & IJ I find it very hard to believe these look so flat because the dimples have even out. The new clear is much too thick and soft in my opinion.

1 week later
    #446 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Use caution with false beliefs.

It is the exception rather than the rule.

I do appreciate a brief post from your normal novel. Now back to polishing your helmet, it ain't going to polish itself.

1 week later
    #624 6 years ago

So it's settled then, close the thread, it's all about the burger. Here's ours that's eaten on a daily NIB basis.....

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#625 6 years ago

And here's Gary's

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=Grg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.