Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 806 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
    21192074_10154568550177924_235036763317045450_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2519 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2515 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
    IMAG0710 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0705 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0704 (resized).jpg
    hanghost (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    stern-WTF- (resized).jpg
    fly in ointment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

The same thing is true and never changes, regardless of how many identical threads hash out the same overstuffed word salads from the same usual sous chefs...

Stern is the only company putting out reliable, fun, full-featured commercial pinball machines on a regular, timely basis at a price point near $5,000. If you aren't happy with their product and still feel the need to buy a brand new game, feel free to spend thousands of dollars more and try your luck with the other companies.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Have you become a Stern distributer?

No. I'm just sane.

#72 6 years ago

JJP put out a real winner with dialed in. It's a masterpiece.

It's also $8000 and it took 4 years to make.

Dutch, spooky, and whoever else aren't in the conversation. They are expensive novelties. And a total joke if you are talking about putting a route together.

Reality is a harsh party crasher in these stern Bitch threads.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Absolutely right which is why I only mentioned JPP. A game as good as "Dialed In" as a theme...imagine if it were Star Wars? Or any relevant theme? People would be losing their fucking minds trying to get one. Stern would be shitting themselves.

Dialed in would be really stupid as Star Wars. Ifs great as dialed in.

Who has time to sit around dreaming if dialed in had a Death Star in it? What's the point?

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

That's why I got the close ups UNDER the edges of the plastics. If it was pounded flat you would be able to see a visible line/difference where the ball can touch and where it can't.
    Does clearcoat make wood softer because the clear can't dent unless the wood under dents also?
    I can make another clip with super bright lights and it won't matter.
    How do you account for my cpr with thousands of plays and my new cpr with less than a hundred plays looking the same? Something HAS changed.

Your Gorgar has MILLIONS of little ball swirls - tiny crescent-shaped scars filled with dirt that all games before mylar or clearcoating have. You won't find these on new stern games.

So that HAS changed.

Pick your poison bro. It's pinball.

#244 6 years ago

Didn't bally try plastic playfields in the 1970s? I believe they did on a few select Rolling Stones. The experiment was a failure as posts kept stripping out.

Remember folks, "innovation" in pinball usually sucks.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Here's what I said.
    "Paint worn off, planking, other issues yes but no dimples."
    That's just the way it is.
    I just meant there is something different about the wood now. I also said older sterns are not dimpled like newer playfields.

As many others have said there's plenty of explanations of this, none of which you seem to be too interested in entertaining:

1. your game isn't clear coated
    2. your game is slow as F compared to a new game - no airballs
    3. your game is single level - it doesn't have ramps or upper levels for balls to fall off.
    4. your game is already uniformly dimpled
    5. your game is protected by Satan from dimpling

3 weeks later
    #675 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I ask this be stricken from the record your honor. The poster is wearing a Boba Fett helmet in his avatar. Clearly biased. I asked he be removed from the courtroom.

You're out of order, and you're out of order...this whole goddamn Jedi Council is out of order!!!!

#685 6 years ago

It's also bullshit but who's counting

Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Do not want to interrupt this "God bless Stern" enthusiasm . However, can someone explain to me why the US prices of these machines fall in second hand, and the williams/bally prices rise or at least are steady ?
    I have the explanation

When you factor in inflation (and even if you don't), most 90s Williams Bally games are worth less than they sold for when brand new.

When you look at newer Stern games in the aftermarket, you are hard pressed to find significant depreciation on asking prices. You are lucky to save 500 bucks buying a late-model stern in the aftermarket. The entire market is strong right now.

I'd say most EMs are worth more now than they were when brand new.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashing-justified?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.