Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Free Hugs (resized).jpg
    200.gif

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

This is the place to go to bash stern products so we don't have to see it on all the other threads.

#2 6 years ago

Or not

#3 6 years ago

Im very grateful to Stern keeping pinball alive during some very trying years.

Im also very grateful to JJP for raising the bar of pinball to make Stern create more innovative titles.

#4 6 years ago

Couldn't you have picked one of the fifty or so active "There's too much negativity on Pinside" threads to complain that there's too much negativity regarding Stern for your liking? I guess not.

#5 6 years ago

I like Stern games.

#6 6 years ago

One of the moderators needs to close this thread. This stuff is getting ridiculous. Really putting a damper on my pinside enjoyment. It is like negative central around here....

#7 6 years ago

This is why new members shouldn't be able to start threads!!!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

This is why new members shouldn't be able to start threads!!!

OP has been on the site for over 2 years...

#9 6 years ago

OP is just having a bad day and made a poor decision in creating this thread. It's ok OP, tomorrow will be a better day for you

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

keeping pinball alive during some very trying years

Once upon a time . . .
    You're only as good as your last game.
    If some enthusiasts feel Stern has slipped, they are certainly entitled to their opinion.
    It may be helpful information for others. Just sayin'

#11 6 years ago

Free speech. Don’t like it, go to another thread.
    Ironic, coming here then complaining about too many negative threads.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Ironic, coming here then complaining about too many negative threads.

Which is also free speech. And your pointing out the irony is also free speech. That's what makes 'Murica amazing(ish)

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Which is also free speech. And your pointing out the irony is also free speech. That's what makes 'Murica amazing(ish)

LOL... exactly.

#14 6 years ago

Are you gonna start a thread for blindly jerking off beta code games with QC issues that cost a shit ton of money? Better to do it there than pollute the real threads.

In most cases the same people critical of Stern also praise Stern so it is what it is.

We’re just seeing frustration reaching critical mass after years & years of frustration, empty promises, etc.

Stern can turn it around if they want. It appears they’re starting to already actually. But... until they get everything straight it’s buyer beware, watch yo nuts & lots of frustrated Pinside posts

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

watch yo nuts

200.gif200.gif

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

OP has been on the site for over 2 years...

One post 2 years ago, and one today. So until today, he was a 1 post member. I don't care about any timeline, that's a new member to the forum, and shouldn't be allowed to create garbage threads like this.

#17 6 years ago

OP owns two Sterns

??

#18 6 years ago

4 sterns

#19 6 years ago

Stern will receive praise when it's deserved and Stern will receive backlash when it's warranted. Yeah, there's a little extra needling that goes on, but Stern creates a lot of anger and frustration in the community. I can't remember the last time Stern had a smooth product launch. That's kind of crazy. At some point they need to start paying attention to details a bit more. So many of their problems are avoidable with just a bit more care. People will forgive mistakes, but they're going to have a hard time forgiving incompetence. And yes, Stern has been incompetent in many regards.

#20 6 years ago

yeah, but i want to get a gotg and you know the buzz on that. That will be stern # 5 won't it?

#21 6 years ago

Want a novel idea. Put all of the people you don't agree with in one place so the world can become your safe space.

Good luck with that.

Free Hugs (resized).jpgFree Hugs (resized).jpg

Stern #5? I'm lost.

#22 6 years ago

I wish someday we'd see a "Manufacturers Praise" thread.

Let the pinball manufacturers know they are appreciated, things they did right. And new people reading Pinside could see something positive once.

LTG : )

#23 6 years ago

I heard the next WMS remake was going to be called "Stern Bash". Apparently it's cheaper to license game images than monsters.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I wish someday we'd see a "Manufacturers Praise" thread.
    Let the pinball manufacturers know they are appreciated, things they did right. And new people reading Pinside could see something positive once.
    LTG : )

There was one about Spooky. But since everyone agreed there was nothing to say and it just aged off the screen.

Only heated topics catch fire.

#25 6 years ago

At the risk of going off topic and injecting a little positive thought in here, I do still see Stern's employees as people who very much love and care about pinball. Their designers, their programmers, and their artists don't just collect a check, they truly live and breathe pinball. Who knows what the day to day is like when you're working to appease investment groups and the like? But I can tell you for sure, they love their craft.

#26 6 years ago

Locking thread. We have enough anti-Stern threads about specific issues, I don't think a random negative thread is needed.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-bashers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.