Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by psygho
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

This is an old audiophile trick called "poor man's surround sound". http://monkeyfighter.com/surroundsound.html
    I just don't have enough technical information to advise on changing the impedance of speakers on STLE. Usually, there is a bit of research done to choose a certain design. Even though deviating from the ratings may work, the safest best is to replace with ratings called out in the design.

Yes mine MET pro is wired the SAME way. In series, but 1 speaker the reverse the polarity.

in mine cse i have exacly the same:
    2 red/white wires are connected to the left speaker +
    Then from the - of left speaker to one end of this elco, then to the - of right speaker.
    Then 2 red black wires are connected to the + of right speaker.

In this case they used 2 8ohm 4watt speakers in serie.

Yes it is in serie, but one speaker is reversed polarity. (surround job?)

I look in the manual, and there you see. The guys at stern did nog follow the original schematics for series wiring, for some reasons. Dont no why, or it was or wasnot intended to do so in the first case.
    In factory schematics it shows an clear original series wiring, with crossover (elco)

See olso page 57 of the metallica user manual @ stern website.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psygho.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-backbox-speakers-4ohm-safe?tu=psygho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.