foo fighters ticket v3 (resized).png
ticketron template (purple-green) v2 (resized).png
tragically hip - bubweiser gardens (resized).png
3A63BA19-E2B4-4D1C-8419-A96B409CBAC6 (resized).jpeg
11E38329-3D1F-43F1-B78D-7B33C64F9F05 (resized).jpeg
20220425_235805~2.jpg
633FD84A-CF7D-4DB4-A8B7-BC7BA069284E (resized).jpeg
378A1855-0532-4570-9169-019F665C4152 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

starting a new thread since I've had people reach out for other bands

this is a reproduction concert ticket measuring 6.06" (w) x 1.50" (h) 0.03" mounted on a flexible magnet with artwork printed on vinyl
it is designed to fit on the speaker panel (top right, and over the stark QR decal [for those QR enabled machine], on a metal coin door, lock down bar, refrigerator, toolbar, etc...

the color of the ticket and all the [text] information is completely customizable. if you want something different than what is shown, just let me know via a pm

AEROSMITH
aerosmith sample (resized).pngaerosmith sample (resized).png

IRON MAIDEN
ironmaiden sample 1 (resized).pngironmaiden sample 1 (resized).pngironmaiden sample 2 (resized).pngironmaiden sample 2 (resized).pngironmaiden sample 3 (resized).pngironmaiden sample 3 (resized).png

LED ZEPPELIN - a reproduction from their 1977 tour tickets with the Zoso imagery bookends
led zeppelin sample (resized).pngled zeppelin sample (resized).png

RUSH - a reproduction of the circa 1980s-90s tickets with customizable RUSH font and bookend imagery
ticket color can be customized (3 colors shown as examples. I can also provide the bookend images as black-white only
2112 (resized).png2112 (resized).pngclockwork angels v3 (resized).pngclockwork angels v3 (resized).pngcounterparts v2 (resized).pngcounterparts v2 (resized).pnggrace under pressure v2 (resized).pnggrace under pressure v2 (resized).pngpresto v2 (resized).pngpresto v2 (resized).pngroll the bones v2 (resized).pngroll the bones v2 (resized).pngsnakes & arrows v2 (resized).pngsnakes & arrows v2 (resized).pngtest for echo v2 (resized).pngtest for echo v2 (resized).png

COST:
$20 per ticket (shipped in a sturdy, cardboard mailer). this includes $5 to cover the cost of materials and shipping within the continental united states, actual shipping costs for international orders

edit mar 8 2022:

I was originally planning on offering free shipping, but the post office has changed what type of mailing can use a non-machinable stamp (which must flexible to a 45°)

I am honoring the free shipping for all orders that have shipped and those that have paid through today (mar 8 2022)

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Selling above ticket price? Scalper!
Those look great!

prices have been adjusted for 20+ years of inflation

#7 2 years ago

the shipping supplies are scheduled to arrive today so I'm going to open up orders. I have 5 or so tickets created for pinsiders that I've been in communication with and I will reach out to those individuals today.

to everyone else that is interested in purchasing one (or more) tickets:
please shoot me a pm with what ticket(s) you want and the content that you would like printed on each

ps
I've been looking up archival concert information to make these as accurate as possible, but if you want something to make it more personnel, I'm not adverse to changing any of the content on the ticket that I can.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Got a pic of one mounted on a pin?

I plan on shipping out the first batch today. I'll let the recipients post the photos

#12 2 years ago

7 orders were shipped today

however, based on how the post office classifies the cardboard mailers (see the initial post), going forward I will have to charge $5 to cover my costs for the shipping materials and 1st class parcel rates

on the plus side, I think that everyone will be happy with the end product and they shouldn't have to worry anything getting damaged in transit.

the first 5 orders for the rush ticket mod included a bonus item that I may offer up depending on feedback

#17 2 years ago

I have fonts for the band names that I'm happy with now so ticket samples for both iron maiden and aerosmith (the same as the rush ticket format) will be posted tonight and available to order

from there, I'm going to start working on a few other ticket styles that others have requested

edit:
I didn't end up very happy with the iron maiden font (the kerning for the letters do not allow them to fit together well), so I guess I'll be using an image

#18 2 years ago

here's some quick mock-ups. I will tweak these over the next couple of days

aerosmith sample (resized).pngaerosmith sample (resized).png
iron maiden sample 2 (resized).pngiron maiden sample 2 (resized).pngiron maiden sample 3 (resized).pngiron maiden sample 3 (resized).pngiron maiden sample 1 (resized).pngiron maiden sample 1 (resized).png

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

These look really good. Can the color of the ticket be selected ? I see some different ones.

yes. since I've created the tickets from scratch, virtually every element of the ticket can be customized including the ticket color, the font used for the band's name (at least in the case for rush since they changed the font used on every album), the text content on the ticket, and the bookend images.

#28 2 years ago

I didn't think to offer ticket magnets for metallica since my premium is one of the originals with the wooden speaker panel. can someone confirm if the machines with a metal speaker panel can accommodate something that is 6-1/32" (w) x 1-1/2" (h) or if I would need to adjust the size of the magnet for a metallica machine?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Should do ACDC and Rolling Stones while your making them.

for that matter, I guess I could offer them for any band-based pin. I would just need to find some font information if I wanted to design them like I've been doing.

#36 2 years ago

smaller isn't an issue. larger would be a problem since the roll of flexible magnet that I purchased is 1-1/2" wide

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I’ll take these for all of my rock pins after I see more pics of them installed on some games. They look great, so far! Also consider doing Alice Cooper

I can most certainly accommodate AC owners, I just need a few questions answered:
1) do the spooky games have a metal speaker panel that the magnet can adhere to?
2) can they accommodate something that is 6-1/32" (w) x 1-1/2" (h) or would the size of the ticket mod have to be reduced?

I'm surprised that none of the early adopter customers for the rush ticket have not posted pics of the bonus item that I included. I would really like feedback on that to know if it's something that I should consider offering as well

#41 2 years ago

3 more customers worth of concert tickets were created & posted out today
IMG_9237 (resized).jpgIMG_9237 (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago

you received that super fast!

#48 2 years ago

update:
I've got a backlog of about 20 people wanting about 30 tickets.

I am treating things in the following fashion:
- custom requests are being researched and created in the order that I receive them. unfortunately, even though the end result looks great (in my opinion), I am not by any means an expert in photoshop. I know enough to be dangerous and kind of stumble my way through to the finish line so you'll have to be patient.

below is a current status on where things stand and how I'm attacking the tasks at hand (when I'm not overwhelmed by my career):
- I have purchased a few [unused] tickets off of ebay (a ticketron and a ticketmaster) so that I have "clean" samples to work from to try and replicate it as close as possible. I was not aware that ticketron had more than a few variations, but I'm going to try and offer 2 options. I really like the one with the dots on the left side and want to try and get that one as close as possible.
- trying to research and find the correct fonts has been quite a chore. and while many of the fonts are available freely, I really cannot justify spending $30+ per font for something that I may only use for a single person's request. I'm also finding no reasonable or close options for some requests. in those cases I have had to make the decision to not pursue that design.
- I've been tweaking my current template (for the aerosmith - iron maiden - metallica - rush tickets) and now have 5 colors that look aesthetically pleasing (at least to me). they are: red, green, blue, purple, golden yellow
- finally, I have been filling in some more recent requests by individuals out of order simply because those people have been selecting something from one of my existing template formats that I have already designed and I can typically knock out one of those requests (make the changes, print and mount the ticket onto the flexible magnet) in about 30 minutes or less. this allows me to keep the outstanding queue down to a reasonable number, rather than watching it grow while I take 1-2+ weeks in trying to create a new template.

tonight, I will update the IP (initial post) with all of the current outstanding orders and this weekend should see most, if not all, non-custom requests fulfilled and progress made on the new template requests.

thank you for your patience

#50 2 years ago

starting to work on custom templates for: kool1, magicman, bill2112rush (in that order)
going to see how close that I can get but am making no promises

posting out tickets tomorrow for: mjw, avspin, hilliguy
working on: blue_agave

sent samples to: parsonsaj, pinwillie
waiting for details from: swampfire, scott8806, darkryder

let me know if you're not on this list or haven't received shipping confirmation (way too many pm's and someone may have fallen through the cracks

#52 2 years ago

yes, those went out last week so you should see it soon. if you don't have it by friday, let me know.

2 weeks later
#56 2 years ago

I'm currently working on two custom requests (ticketron ticket, direct ticket scan)

I will be vending at pinball at the zoo (kalamazoo, mi) on friday, apr 22nd and have nine pre-made designs available for purchase

#57 2 years ago

I believe that this will work for the ticketron version

ticketronticketron

an original vs my filled in template
ticketron original (resized).pngticketron original (resized).pngticketron template (resized).pngticketron template (resized).png

#60 2 years ago

rumour has it that they will adhere to other things like refrigerators, tool boxes, metal shelves, etc... too

2 weeks later
#65 1 year ago

thank you everyone for the compliments. I'm happy to continue to make custom magnets for your concert memories

#67 1 year ago

yes, the magnets are sized such that they will fit perfectly in the middle section of the coin door.

pm me with the specifics of a show date and I'll throw something together for you to check out

1 week later
#68 1 year ago

given the number of custom designs that I've been requested to make over the course since I've started this thread, I will be updating this weekend with the current available choices

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Nice work. Perfect fit
[quoted image]

Jrotten 's magnet was a custom order where I reduced the width to 5-7/8" to fit that coin door depression area. if you want to do the same, just let me know and we can work out the details

#71 1 year ago

I believe that I'm currently caught up with all of the requests (both standard and custom). if I've somehow missed your request, please reach out and let me know.

1 month later
#72 1 year ago

making progress on one of the other ticketron variations. other than determining the fonts used for the text for the actual shows, these were kind of fun to work out.
ticketron template (purple-green) v2 (resized).pngticketron template (purple-green) v2 (resized).png

also worked up this budweiser gardens format for a friend where I work
tragically hip - bubweiser gardens (resized).pngtragically hip - bubweiser gardens (resized).png

3 months later
#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

If one would like to procure one of these, do we just message you or d you have a storefront? Thanks.

no storefront for something so trivial as this. just pm me with the details of what you're looking for

7 months later
#77 10 months ago

here are some foo fighters possibilities (3 different bookend logos) - all concert info content is completely customizable

ticketmaster style ticket
foo fighters ticket v2 (resized).pngfoo fighters ticket v2 (resized).png

foo fighters ticket v1 (resized).pngfoo fighters ticket v1 (resized).png

foo fighters ticket v3 (resized).pngfoo fighters ticket v3 (resized).png

old school ticket style
foo fighters ticket v4 (resized).pngfoo fighters ticket v4 (resized).png

1 month later
#80 9 months ago

I've been working on a few new templates (like the one seen above for John-Floyd). here's another ticketron template that I should have complete this week:

original
ticketron (angled) v1 (resized).jpgticketron (angled) v1 (resized).jpg

template, so far
ticketron (angled progress) (resized).pngticketron (angled progress) (resized).png

4 weeks later
#82 8 months ago

I need to post all of the newer, along with a better listing of all of the templates that I've created so far. hopefully, I will get to that this weekend.

however, just a reminder that I can pretty much reproduce any of the ticket styles used in the past, given the time. so, if you have a ticket style that you would like, feel free to reach out and I'll see what I can do.

I may start branching this out a bit. I recently created an INCONNECT cover-up for someone with a Jurassic Park using one of the inaugural park tickets.

#84 7 months ago

if you scan me your ticket at 300 dpi (or higher), I can gladly try and make the template for you. the most difficult part that I've found is finding [free] fonts that match or are close enough to use.

with the last 3-4 templates that I've created, I've been making them at 100% and then scaling them down to fit the dimensions of the magnet roll stock (which is 1-1/2" tall). the ticket itself ends up becoming about 1-1/4" tall (from it's original 1-7/8" to 2") on the magnets that I've been making.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rowlett, TX
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-backbox-concert-ticket-cover-up?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.