Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4450 (resized).jpg
IMG_4448 (resized).jpg
IMG_4447 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apinballwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

As I continue to play this HUO game more problems are cropping up. Went thru the forum but couldn't find anything for these 3 problems:

1. When the T thor drop target is down the ball gets stuck on top of the target. Shaking the machine rarely gets it loose or does when the drop target bank tries to reset.

2. When locking a ball in the Loki lock, it registers the lock but sometimes another ball does not get ejected into the shooter lane. Sometimes by flipping the flippers it starts calculating the bonus as if a ball drained. Trough switches seem to be okay.

3. When I pull the plunger to shoot a ball, a lot of times it hits the top of the ramp instead of going under it (don't know the name) or hits the top of the glass and goes no where. Is this normal?

Any suggestions on possible solutions would be most appreciated!

#3 7 years ago

Thank you for your response. Here is a picture of the stuck ball:

Is Loki multiball suppose to be a 3 ball or 4 ball? Had 2 balls locked, no ball sent to shooter lane after locking 2nd ball, game did a ball search and ended the ball. After locking the third ball to start multiball a 4th ball was shot onto the playfield. Game has 6 balls in it, and all the mentioned switches are registering, with no change when I jiggle the wiring.

Will check out the ramp shortly...

IMG_4447 (resized).jpgIMG_4447 (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Thank you. I see 2 screws at the bottom of the unit, spaced widely apart. Do I try to turn one of them, or should I be looking for something else?

#8 7 years ago

Sure, here it is:

IMG_4448 (resized).jpgIMG_4448 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Cool. Thank you everyone!!!!!!!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

A good place to ask would be the Avengers club thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club
Might be helpful to post a photo when the ball is stuck on top of the target. Take off the glass, start a game, manually drop the target and put a ball there. Maybe the target is dropping too far and getting stuck on the lip of the playfield?
For your Loki lock problem verify you have exactly six balls in the game. Check Loki lock switches 49, 50, & 51. Check trough switches 17-23. Does this problem happen specifically on a particular lock? i.e. after the first ball is locked it malfunctions, but on lock two or three it always works properly?
For the ramp it sounds like the angle is too steep. Is something loose at the top, screws backed out or something raising the top or maybe the ramp bent a little?

Yes I agree that it seems that the angle is too steep. I don't see any screws backed out or the ramp being bent, just that there is a little vertical play on the plastic ramp the ball bangs into. Ball doesn't go on the top of the ramp (sorry), just hits the side of it that either slows the ball down if it goes thru or bounces it right back to you. This plastic is right at the start of the Hawkeye ramp. Hopefully the pic will show what I'm talking about, as the ball is suppose to go under the ramp.

IMG_4450 (resized).jpgIMG_4450 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our Hulk had that issue. That issue is not in any thread that I could find. Save the Hulk threads to your favourites. You are going to need them!
There are a few things you can check. When the ball is in the shooter lane, the auto plunger needs to be touching both sides of the ball and centred so it shoots the ball straight. The plunger must not be touching the ball. This will ensure that the ball gets auto plunged to the top of the ramp each time. You may need to bend the auto plunger to suit.
When the plunger strikes the ball it must hit centre and slightly top side of the ball. This gives the ball top spin and shoots it straight up the ramp. This could be where your issue is. The plunger is not hitting the ball in the correct spot or the correct angle. Make sure that you have a green plunger spring fitted as per standard. If the machine has a red plunger spring it will continuously hit that ramp no matter what you do. It was a lot of mucking around for us but now that we have it sorted machine is awesome.
If you are unsure you can video the plunge and auto plunge on your phone and play it back slo mo so you can see what it going on. Everyone that bought an Avengers LE had some sort of issue. This is why it is rated so low. Most owners sold them as is so nearly every machine out there still has some sort of issue or another.
Killer game if you can dial it in properly. We have sold other more desirable machines according to others but our Hulk has been managing to make the cut every time!
Good luck!

Thank you so much for the info! I will check it out and video the plunge if necessary, really appreciate it.

#15 7 years ago

I am. This is a great game, like you said will take it one step at a time to get all the bugs ironed out...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apinballwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-avengers-hulk-problems?tu=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.