(Topic ID: 33071)

Stern Avengers behind the scenes video up!

By BShing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by benheck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hulk1432.jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 11 years ago

Thanks for posting. I have no clue why Stern wasted money producing that video. I don't care who the designers favorite Avenger is. Show us the gameplay or describe the gameplay/rules with your interpretation from the movie. I just lost 2 ins of my life.

#3 11 years ago

it was already in the other thread few hours ago.

#4 11 years ago

Gomez likes Hawkeye......

#5 11 years ago

Maybe Stern is taking notes from WOZ

You know, pump out 250 videos of music, interviews & other tidbits of nothing significant?

#6 11 years ago

Everyone is now dumber for watching this video.

#7 11 years ago

Did you hear about the Germans...

#8 11 years ago

What a worthless video.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You know, pump out 250 videos of music, interviews & other tidbits of nothing significant?

Is this a joke?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

JJP showed us a bunch and the rides been fun. I imagine this has been quite the project.

I look forward to TH even if the movies suck.

As fast as Stern is pumping out new titles, I imagine its hard to get the code ready enough even to shoot a video.

#11 11 years ago

Worthless is right.

#12 11 years ago

Arrrgggg Get back to the TF and Xmen Coding

#13 11 years ago

I think I could smell Lonnie through the video, good lord.

#14 11 years ago

This video made me really sad I dumped all my this money into this co. product. Why not say "your not good enough to see our game in action yet". Worst fluff piece ever and I know these guys think there rock stars which they sort of are but have they not told us about how much they love Transformers and how cool X-men is now it's who is there favorite avenger, guys your boring me. I expect to be really disappointed by the actual gameplay after all this fluff.

Wouldn't actually showing off a awesome product sell a few more of those blue Avenger LE will be seeing on ebay NIB for the next 2-3 years. Oh I can't wait till I get to preview Thors' music theme, now that will get me to buy.

Stern should a learn thing or two from the video game companies and preview the shit out of everything months in advance. That was so clever how they posted a cardboard box with Avengers written on it with a sharpie, you fooled us there. Why not a preview video just showing the ramps and a preview of hulk lifting the ramp with a smidge of voice thrown in? Doubt they are reading this but I am shocked at how they are marketing this game other than HULK AWESOME GREEN SMASH SELL LE(it is awesome for real not the sarcastic kind of for real). My thoughts are probably wasted on this thread but there you are my opinion and I certainly could be missing the boat here but it just does not compute to me.

p.s. My prediction for Metallica first facebook post. A picture of a guitar case in the factory with a new Metallica sticker on it. Sure hope I am wrong about most of this.

#15 11 years ago

Can i have those 2 min back? sheesh.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

p.s. My prediction for Metallica first facebook post. A picture of a guitar case in the factory with a new Metallica sticker on it. Sure hope I am wrong about most of this.

Good one. Or how about Gary Stern looking in on all the designers at work with Metallica playing in the background.. then he walks in the hallway and sees Lonnie walking by shaking his ratty hair to some Metallica and he stops dead in his tracks and has an "ah-ha" moment , mouth open, finger raised.

Lets get all these ideas out there so we dont have to watch them!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

WOZ At least the game was in it and a few features exposed, this stern video is.........well.......garbage. It does absolutely nothing to help sell the product. "when I was a kid I was like the hulk, I was big and nobody messed with me" ahhh the old days, and Hawkey had so many cool arrows...what? What kind of product video doesn't talk about the product. If me hulk arrives I might be making the first worthwhile video good or bad

#18 11 years ago

I refuse to even watch crap like this. Ever pop in "disc 2: Special Features" in your Blu-ray combo pack? Me either.

#19 11 years ago

I'm not saying the new Stern video is cool.

I just remember when the only WOZ videos for a year & half were the witch toy they didn't even use, a Multiball DMD/LCD animation & a bajillion preorder sales pitches full of what we now know to be complete BS.

The title was just announced what 30-60 days ago & we know they shot the video this week right?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm not saying the new Stern video is cool.
I just remember when the only WOZ videos for a year & half were the witch toy they didn't even use, a Multiball DMD/LCD animation & a bajillion preorder sales pitches full of what we now know to be complete BS.
The title was just announced what 30-60 days ago & we know they shot the video this week right?

But unlike with those WOZ videos, Avengers is done.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from PeteM:

But unlike with those WOZ videos, Avengers is done.

Prove it, nobody has the game in their hands yet. Kind of a funny statement to make, since Stern is showing absolutely nothing on the actual game it must be finished!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just remember when the only WOZ videos for a year & half were the witch toy they didn't even use, a Multiball DMD/LCD animation & a bajillion preorder sales pitches full of what we now know to be complete BS

So what your saying is JJP should show less or none of the development process and reduce or stop trying to sell games?

#23 11 years ago

Since they have been building completed units this past week, I have high hopes that today will be the day for the anticipated video release. I understand that it takes time to complete the video, but it seems to me this current video was a waste of time and money that serves no purpose.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

t seems to me this current video was a waste of time and money that serves no purpose.

Which will jack Stern NIB prices up even more! Just like our government.

#25 11 years ago

next pin they will ask every designers what was their favorite song from metallica (if thats the case).

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Which will jack Stern NIB prices up even more! Just like our government.

Yep. Bet that vid just added 5 bucks to every Premium sold in the next few months.
( Gary is one smart cookie )

#27 11 years ago

Nerdfest. They need a hot chick to do their promos. Sick of seeing these guys. Stay in the office.

#28 11 years ago

My god you guys are impossible to please. I like the video. What's not to like? Gee, maybe the guys are actually starting to enjoy the themes of their pins again? After years of WPT, WOF, CSI, 24. ELVIS (for the love of god), NBA, BBH, etc.

It's a promotional video for christsake. Using cool footage from an awesome movie. Considering all the comic book and super hero geeks in the world, let alone in pinball, the video actually makes perfect sense.

It seems to me they have learned a few things. They're not using a VoiceOver guy that sounds like a dork, or editing things like a high school club project.

#29 11 years ago

I get your point, the video itself seems to be well-produced. But this is a pinball manufacturer and they're leaving us guessing when we will see anything besides static playfield photos set up in ideal lighting conditions released last month. We know they shot the gameplay footage already. It doesn't take 3 days to edit a 5 minute video. If I want to see behind the scenes stuff from the movie I'll search for that on YouTube. But these videos should be about the actual game, nothing less. Tens of thousands of dollars are at stake for them. They're trying to advertise their product... without advertising their product.

#30 11 years ago

When the other marketing material is out folks can order or not. We are not the board of directors.
Stern said the official launch was coming in January.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

When the other marketing material is out folks can order or not. We are not the board of directors.
Stern said the official launch was coming in January.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed the January part. I guess we're getting ahead of ourselves because so many ordered the LE's already. Maybe Stern didn't think the LE's would move as fast as they did and they are just sticking to their original timeline. It makes sense that Stern would do little video hints like this heading into Jan. so their distributors can prepare for the influx of orders.

I.E. they're not behind, we're just ahead.

#32 11 years ago

Wow, a whole lot of butthurt in this thread.

#33 11 years ago

I would have to guess that Stern does not want us to speculate on how good the game is bc they don’t want to live up to the Hype. Its kind of like when you go see a movie that is Hyped to crap and after you watch it your like that movie was not that good. If you never heard anything about the movie and then watched it with NO hype you would come out saying how good that movie was. I hope you get the point im trying to make.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

So what your saying is JJP should show less or none of the development process and reduce or stop trying to sell games?

Bro I'm not sure what JJP should have done different but I know it should have been done differently if that makes any sense. At the end of the day, to me, he's just a Jersey pitchman who said Nov/Dec 2011 delivery dates when fishing for preorders which now resemble an interest free & partnership free start up business loan.

Anyway I regret bringing up JJP in a Stern thread. I think WOZ & the next batch of Sterns will all be great. Avengers has a fresh layout for sure & if WOZ lives up to its promises it will be a great 1st title for JJP.

Now can we get a video of Avengers gameplay?

Then Metallica please

#35 11 years ago

STERN PINBALL, INC.

It's Friday!!! We are busy getting Avengers ready to ship. Where will you be playing pinball this weekend?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I get your point, the video itself seems to be well-produced. But this is a pinball manufacturer and they're leaving us guessing when we will see anything besides static playfield photos set up in ideal lighting conditions released last month. We know they shot the gameplay footage already. It doesn't take 3 days to edit a 5 minute video. If I want to see behind the scenes stuff from the movie I'll search for that on YouTube. But these videos should be about the actual game, nothing less. Tens of thousands of dollars are at stake for them. They're trying to advertise their product... without advertising their product.

If I could have given this post more than 1 thumb up I would have.

#37 11 years ago

You could all start your own pinball company, and do it "right", if you wanted.

#38 11 years ago

You guys are brutal. I see a bunch of guys having fun. It's a preview of the behind the scenes video, not Shawshank Redemption 2.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

STERN PINBALL, INC.
It's Friday!!! We are busy getting Avengers ready to ship. Where will you be playing pinball this weekend?

I guess this means no information or videos today.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I would prefer you do it and I will make random observations.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You guys are brutal. I see a bunch of guys having fun. It's a preview of the behind the scenes video, not Shawshank Redemption 2.

Not brutal, just frustrated.

My original premise was for a December release: They announce, I buy, they build, they ship - where's the video??

A January release means that I am in error with my expectations and my frustrations are unwarranted. Now that I'm cool with that,all is well.

#42 11 years ago

Gary/George,

I think all of us would like to save $ on your products. Start by cutting cost on producing vids like this and pass the savings on to your customers.

You don't need this crap to sell your products. If the pin blows, no amount of marketing is going to help. The pin will speak for itself.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No I will stick to what I know, organic mattresses. With that said I still don't understand what stern is hiding. Are they worried someone will steal there awesome spinning cube idea?
Try to imagine buying a game for your xbox with no previews, no gameplay or graphics demo first you would probably be hesitant to purchase it for 60 bucks, Stern expects me to pay 7 k without seeing shit. Sure video game companies did this in the eighties before the Internet existed.

Now we see videos showing off core elements six months to a year before release. Just cannot fathom what benefit it serves Stern to sell in this manner. I mean they are in business to sell as many games as possible, why not try to actually do that? Hype your game don't hide your game.

#44 11 years ago

Why stern hasn't asked bowen to demo new releases is beyond me.

He's got an amazing amount of talent and the skills to market any pin. Complete pro. He can make any pin look/play great. Throw in a local stripper that can read and that can ask a few questions, and you got something. God knows no stripper is going to pass on 100 bucks and free camera time.

#45 11 years ago

They sold a shitload of LEs without video. All of the Hulks, in fact. Pro models won't go into production until January. What is their rush?

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

And another thing, why stern hasn't asked bowen to demo new releases is beyond me.
He's got an amazing amount of talent and the skills to market any pin. Complete pro. He can any pin look/play great. Throw in a local stripper that can read and that can ask a few questions, and you got something. God knows no stripper is going to pass on 100 bucks and free camera time.

This is an awesome idea. Bowen can even make robocop looks like a neat game.

#47 11 years ago

Combine Bowen and the girls from the Bumper Arcade video and you have a hit!

#48 11 years ago

I agree, they need to get back to work on coding instead of making "teaser" videos using tired video footage from the DVD in the background.

Atleast the Transformers teaser video was high quality, despite the misleading (bordering on sales fraud) transforming toy that Gomez was playing with. Still a better video than this one!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Combine Bowen and the girls from the Bumper Arcade video and you have a hit!

Oops, sorry apimomfan2 gave me the thumbs down on my idea must have been the girls. We can ask them to make video using Firefighters in speedos for you as well : )

#50 11 years ago

Actually, these new documentary style videos make me long for the old Stern vids that were narrated by some soft spoken dude while showing actual gameplay and describing features and modes. Imagine that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-avengers-behind-the-scenes-video-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.