(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Regardless; the whole thing leaves me wondering WTF these boneheads in Stern are doing.

Aboot to drop a new SW pin and fill up their uhauls full of everyone's cash.

#146 7 years ago

it won;t sell to non pinheads I wouldn;t think

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

... or Harrison Ford to do the call outs,

Wow...could you imagine the callouts from Dirty Harry with 1/10 the enthusiasms?

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

metallica has been popular to non "pin heads".

Has it? Sales to non pin peeps? Asking I have no idea.

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes. Metallica and ACDC sales popular to non pin heads. Both Pins best sellers. Stern do not release the numbers so we will never know how good!

Well I know it's a big seller, but whether it's getting actual non pinhead business is what's hard to quantify. Met is asuch a great game though

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

I've got my $$ ready for a premium, don't care. I'm in. Star Wars + Pinball = My family.

I've got my monies on a pro...that way if I like the premium i can sell it and pick when the premiums finally come around to be sold.

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

4 magnets taking ball up the PF at warp speed!

O lord he's redoing NF now eh?

#167 7 years ago

Uff I hope not...Supercharger doesn't do much for gameplay. WE shall see though

#170 7 years ago

Jesus christ guys...way to make a goddamn Star Wars thread even nerdier

#183 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Some themes make non-pin peeps want the pin.

I hope you steered your other non pin fans away from GB

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep. I am yet to see any photos of the upcoming Pulp Fiction pinball machine.

God I hope that shit movie isn;t made into a game.

#236 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why. It won't be much different than anything else of late.

True, I dislike the movie but like it more than Metallica, and that turned out great. But I just have to hate it I guess becasue people keep telling me here theme is the most important thing.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, Pulp Fiction has a more enjoyable song list than Met.

Not by much, but agreed.

#240 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Star Wars of Pulp Fiction, pick your poison.
    Do you ever stop to think that maybe pinball is passing us by? Or maybe you've passed pinball by? Or perhaps the whole world has passed pinball on by...

Hmm...yes.
    Thematically pinball has completely passed me by. I'm sort of in the middle where I'm not really interested in super hero schtik (Most the flicks are laughably bad), but I also don't like Classic Rock as a theme enough to be excited. Like I listen to Rock everyday, but I don't get 'pumped' up by the idea of the bands. Having said that, it seems it's pleasing a lot of people around here and that's what they're aiming for, so that's well.
    Now having said 'having said' that already, I am passing it by because I'm going down (ha) on themes whilst everyone else is going up; I care less aboot theme as time goes on as people care more aboot it. I can see how increasing prices help that idea along, but for me it doesn't matter much. If Aerosmith didn't look exactly like Kiss to me and came out a bit earlier, I would have bought it, played it, sold it. Star Wars is great and all, but I'm guying it because it's the next game.
    The whole world has passed pinball by long ago.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I guess everybody has forgotten about GOT and TWD. New, relevant, not superhero related.

I own one.

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey...I LOVED the Batman show...when I was SEVEN! But it doesn't translate well now and most people don't even remember that show.
    Star Wars just released two blockbuster movies with another on the way. Still as big as ever.

Batman "just" released 2 blockbusters also. With more on the way

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I call unfair comparison! Those movies are updated and TOTALLY different from the show that the game is based on. (And Batman vs. Superman sucked balls.)

...which looks like it should come with its own set of action figures and some bubble gum.

Many blockbusters suck balls...they don't have to be good to make a shit ton of cash.

It of course came with all those IF you paid the extra 5k for the super duper LE

#271 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's become too mainstream with Disney pushing it down our throats every waking moment.

I thought both Disney SW films were OK but if the next one is same good I'm afraid my fandom will only be for the originals.

NO NO NO NO NO! Don't repeat the fake news cycle that somehow Disney is the one over selling Star Wars sir. Lucas invented the damn thing.

Which Originals? The real originals that are great, or the 3 prequels that were fair worse than Disney's 2?

EDIT: AS for Disney's, Force Awakens is exactly the same as SW but it felt right and was a fun watch. Rogue one was a fine side quest but no big payoff with it. Weird before i saw either i would expect the exact opposite of my thoughts with the 2 directors.

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

not #3 it was glorious, great battles, birth of Darth I liked it as much as any of the OG trilogy and I grew up on those,

Bwhahaaha...so fucking bad.

Quoted from PinMonk:

...one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes in the whole series. "Nooooooooo!"

Has to be one of the biggest whifs in film history.

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I got a buddy who says the same thing. Revenge of the Sith is just as terrible as the other prequels though.

Yes...when you ask people what's so great aboot it they mention the Vader scenes (yest forget "NOOOOO").
    Somehow recreating the old sets for the last 5 minutes of the movie makes everyone forget the 8 shitfilled hours they just watched.

#300 7 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Stern is now claiming they are not going to the show.

Sneaky

#436 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

For Stern to have signed up for a booth and not show up must mean they are behind schedule on SW?

No I'm sorry i just cannot believe this...not this crack organization.

#479 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

Agree with you there; no matter what the geek squad is chirping aboot.

Here's how you make a teaser that isn;t underwhelming

#513 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when Data East Star Wars first came out and thought it was an outdated theme then.

And then 25 years later you bought a machine based on a 50 year old theme.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.