(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 7 years ago

I remember people on here claiming their inside sources that no Elvira game would be announced at Texas Pinball Festival.....and we all know how that turned out.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's a Steve Ritchie machine and his last 2 games were announced in September (I don't know when AC/DC was announced).
    IMO, it would make more sense to announce in September and show it at Expo in October.

I honestly don't feel that September is anything special for a Ritchie game. It's just a coincidence on his last two games.

AC/DC was a early year release, IIRC.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Had plans to exhibit some stuff. but plans changed.

They said that publicly yesterday, so not really an inside scoop.

Read a interview with Gomez recently after the Areosmith artwork leaked. He baldly refused to confirm it was the next game, even going so far as to say it might have been an idea that didn't pan out.

Stern tells white lies to hide future announcements. It's acceptable.

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I agree with Frolic. Unless <enter franchise name> fans are already into pinball, they usually aren't interested in buying such pinball machine. Partly this may have to do with the games being designed by a third party like Stern. It's not like George Lucas himself is heavily (or even remotely) involved in the design of a pinball machine. If he were that may change the interest of fans, but otherwise they don't care to own such a game.

George Lucas isn't involved with Star Wars anymore, so your statement doesn't seem to hold any water. Star Wars fans buy all kinds of new related merchandise that he was never involved with.

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I'd love to buy a NIB Star Wars. But there's just something in me that know's I'd probably be happier with the DE Star Wars. Unless they break out some 90's magic for this one.

This new one will make the 90's one look like Baffle Ball by comparison.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only reason you'd be happier is that you'd be saving $5000.

Hey, Sinestro...do you have any inside information on this? You don't live in Chicago, do you?

Nope, but my good buddy beelzeboob does, and he's VERY excited for this pin. So, I can conclude it's going to be FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

#152 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jojo1111:

As a player, collector, operator, and overall pinhead, I hope the rumor is true and Stern DOES announce this game at Celebration.
    That said, wasn't this idea attempted before? And didn't it fail then? Has everyone forgotten Celebration 1 in 1999? Williams went and unveiled SW EP1 to the crowd and few if any noticed? And weren't those the apparent Star Wars super fans you guys are talking about? Don't think that reveal helped save that game's fate much. IS it going to be different now?
    http://www.theforce.net/episode1/story/TPM_Pinball_80345.asp

Who said few noticed? What didn't happen was a bunch talk about the game from Star Wars attendees to the pinball community.

Well, things are different now. Pinball is actually in a better place than it was in 1999. The internet is more widespread too, with social media, so that kind of secret would be impossible to keep now.

#192 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe it's just a GOT premium without orbit issues, or a GB without ghosted inserts. Never seen those played before.

Plenty of perfectly good GB's out there with no ghosting....

Like mine, my buddies, my local arcade.

Face it, only GOT has a systemic issue.

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm sorry. You're right. I meant the stale code on GB.

LOL!

Dwight did both of ours....he'll come through.

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's too busy on SW. What's done is done.

Nah. There will be one more big GB update.

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check your ass. There may be monkeys flying out of it.

Be ready to eat your latest restoration project when it drops! You need the fiber anyway!

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude...that's SO 2015. You're a new member here with only one machine, so you don't even know what you're talking about.

I'm blissfully naive!

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

At least you know what you're talking about. Sinestro won't even take the glass off his Ghostbusters.

I'm NOT that green!

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Wrong, they've done it many times....prior to announcement we've seen cryptic clues, blackout screens, etc

Not 3 days prior. More like the day before.

#241 7 years ago

I guess everybody has forgotten about GOT and TWD. New, relevant, not superhero related.

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah like five years ago..
    Funny how those are the only two people can bring up now that we are jumping from the 80s back to the 60s and now with AS and SW to the 70s.

What was 5 years ago? Both games are less than 5 years old, and both shows are still on the air.

#273 7 years ago

I guess it's hip to rip on Episode VII now.

I loved it thoroughly, and saw it 4 times in theater (haven't done that since my 20's). I was 5 in '77 and the original trilogy is a big part of my childhood. Seeing Han and Chewie on the big screen again was something I'd given up hope seeing.

Was the plot at the end similar? Yes, but it didn't bother me. Seriously, after the garbage that was the prequels, I'll give that plot point a pass.

Onward to Episode VIII!

#275 7 years ago

In the film's defense, they did jokingly reference the fact that they seen this kind of "big weapon" before.

Han says, "So we blow it up! There's always a way to blow these things up!"

#277 7 years ago

If you guys haven't watched Mr. Plinkett's review of the Star Wars Prequels, I highly recommend them.

He eviscerates Lucas and the movies. Side-splitting humor if you're not easy offended.

The beginning of his Episode 1 review sets the tone right away.

"Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace is the most disappointing thing since my son."

This link combines all the chapters for Episode 1.

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I've been watching this for 20 minutes. He is hilarious! and I agree with everything he has said so far...

He does reviews of II and III as well. They are all worth watching, but there is a bit of diminishing returns after his first review.

However, when he talks about George Lucas's complete lack of understanding women in Episode II, and cracks out the Family Feud "Strikes", you'll piss yourself laughing.

#285 7 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

I'm at 25 minutes and about done. Its funny he is contradicting the Brevity quote he uses at the beginning...

There were originally a series of episodes.

#333 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jojo1111:

That wasn't my point. My point was that Star Wars superfans did not scoop up Episode 1's, are Star Wars superfans going to scoop up this game now?

Home ownership in 1999 was a pimple on the ass of what it is today, so quite irrelevant.

#340 7 years ago

unnamed (resized).pngunnamed (resized).png

#352 7 years ago

SLE

1026125 (resized).jpg1026125 (resized).jpg

#458 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife and I will never get divorced.

She has an escape plan, trust me. All women do.

#470 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

If you have the attention span and patience of a millennial.

#510 7 years ago

The title of this thread should be changed now.

How about "Stern to release Star Wars info on May 4th?"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.