(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

They absolutely need to include John William's score, not limited to just the opening theme. I was seriously disappointed that Stern did not include Elmer Bernstein's score in Ghostbusters.
    I would love James Earl Jones and Frank Oz call outs. I imagine a game designed to allow the player to chose the light side or the dark side, each with a unique rule set and wizard mode. Perhaps there could be a feature which would allow the player to "turn" to the other side to complete additional rules and features.
    Edit: Did anyone else watch the Facebook live tour of Stern's factory today? The employee talking (not sure who) denied that Stern was going to SW Celebration. He said that Disney wanted them to display previous Star Wars pinball machines, but they declined. What he said sounds like fake news to me.

Didn't GB have the firehouse theme? I thought for sure they use it.

I like the original music in GB. They did a good job emulating the Bernstein score.

1 week later
    #268 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Seems like longer. But Star Wars is more obsolete than both those shows. You really gotta be some kind a nerd to be a Star Wars fanboy in this day and age.

I think nerds today aren't into Star Wars. It's become too mainstream with Disney pushing it down our throats every waking moment.

I thought both Disney SW films were OK but if the next one is same good I'm afraid my fandom will only be for the originals.

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

not #3 it was glorious, great battles, birth of Darth I liked it as much as any of the OG trilogy and I grew up on those, Mcdonalds toys and all, Force Awakens wasn't a bad film but it wasn't anything special, like most films today the character has been lost. I'm really hoping for a Darkside LE.

I got a buddy who says the same thing. Revenge of the Sith is just as terrible as the other prequels though. Episode 1 looks the best imo because the Tatooine scenes are on location. After that Lucas only wanting to film in his A/C green screen room.

The best thing to come from the prequels was John Williams score. It's so good and undeserving of being associated with the prequels.

#445 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Why not just show up with, say, an unfinished playfield sitting on a table?
    (This shouldn't need saying, but I do want to clarify that I'm joking.)

Or just put their other machines in the booth. I'm sure there's a lot of crossover in Star Wars fans and the themes Stern sells.

#496 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow, man...you are a ray of sunshine

That's funny coming from this guy...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or just be single, buy every machine that comes out, and die alone in a bed of your own filth.

So your saying it's better to die in a bed of someone else's filth?

#512 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rasavage:

Who knows why Stern wasn't there. Maybe the machine is too revealing regarding the upcoming movie, maybe it's not ready for primetime, maybe it's something else altogether.
    If the game was ready, it feels like a missed opportunity. Gary Stern recently did an interview in which he said he wanted to break into non-enthusiast rec room market, and I think doing conventions geared towards licenses is probably the smartest way to reach a part of that market. SW fans spend big money on all sorts of merchandise but probably won't know a pinball game exists unless it's thrown in the mix with Han Solo carbonite coffee table, millennium falcon beds, etc.
    Regardless, I'm looking forward to a new SW pin and hope we can get some details soon.

They can go next year when the pin is ready. It's not that big of a deal. They'll be making a SW pin for a few years so SW fans who aren't into the pin community will eventually hear about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.