(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This is often said, but really how often does a superfan "outside of pinball" spontaneously buy a pinball machine because they like the theme?
    I can see superfans dropping quarters or dollars into a machine on location, but it takes a special type of person to buy something the value of a pinball machine.
    To me, there is very little potential of selling pinball machines to people outside the hobby. It comes down to existing pinheads who buy crazy shit already, and operators where a hot license can mean more coin drop.
    I think the KISS Army not buying up the KISSs confirmed for me that there isn't much potential, if at all.

You would be surprised at how many would by a Star Wars pin. Heck I bought my LOTR pin from original owner with less then 300 plays over a 10 year period. He was a fan of the movie, only pin he ever owned. Couldn't tell you how many pins I pulled out of people's houses the were one pin and done. A lot of people just want one pin and have no clue about collecting. Add in there favorite theme and it's a no brainer. Plus look at the age group of the original trio movies. Late 40's 50's. majority have some disposable income. Throw in a son or grandson that also likes the movie and bam! You got a sale. Yeah, there are already other Star Wars pins made but I'm pretty sure most one and done owners would rather buy that brand spanking new game that they believe will last for years and have warranty.

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Who said few noticed? What didn't happen was a bunch talk about the game from Star Wars attendees to the pinball community.
    Well, things are different now. Pinball is actually in a better place than it was in 1999. The internet is more widespread too, with social media, so that kind of secret would be impossible to keep now.

Very true! 1999 pinball crashed and burned. It was a dying breed. The common folk people just lost all interest in playing. Jump forward to 2017 the pinball reassurance is at an all time high since then.

#223 7 years ago

That ain't no lightsaber!!!!

Quoted from Hazoff:

These are certainly strange looking lightsabers, if Stern makes a Darth Vader LE and this pin is based on the OG trilogy its going to cost me, how couldn't I, damn pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.