(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg
    There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Nah. There will be one more big GB update.

Check your ass. There may be monkeys flying out of it.

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check your ass. There may be monkeys flying out of it.

Be ready to eat your latest restoration project when it drops! You need the fiber anyway!

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But it IS a 15 minute fix. Problem is, Stern should have figured it out and fixed it in later runs. Instead, they just wimped out and disabled it in the code, saying it was always intended to be that way.
    Bull. Shit.

I did the fix and it's much better but still not 100%. But where does this "you're on your own" mentality leave people that don't have the skill to make the fix? Just bad, bad decision at Stern on GoT, especially, as you said, not adjusting future builds so they work mostly right.

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Be ready to eat your latest restoration project when it drops

Dude...that's SO 2015. You're a new member here with only one machine, so you don't even know what you're talking about.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I did the fix and it's much better but still not 100%. But where does this "you're on your own" mentality leave people that don't have the skill to make the fix? Just bad, bad decision at Stern on GoT, especially, as you said, not adjusting future builds so they work mostly right.

This is also true, and a valid point. My bad.

At least you know what you're talking about. Sinestro won't even take the glass off his Ghostbusters.

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude...that's SO 2015. You're a new member here with only one machine, so you don't even know what you're talking about.

I'm blissfully naive!

#207 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

At least you know what you're talking about. Sinestro won't even take the glass off his Ghostbusters.

I'm NOT that green!

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

Dead Flip is going to be live streaming from the Stern factory tonight....showing "something we have never seen played." Seems a little odd for Stern to debut a brand new game on a live stream. Maybe a prototype white wood?

He is playing the Spiderman Home edition.

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO,you all think that Walt Disney Studios,who now own all the licenses to SW,is just going to let Stern Build a pin??

Since Stern bought the license rights to build a pin, yes.

LTG : )

#210 7 years ago

And check out the mob that's lining up to buy it.

vlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h23m11s37 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2013-06-10-22h23m11s37 (resized).png

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And check out the mob that's lining up to buy it.

Wow ... they did a good job giving a 70s feel to the premiere ... remember when Grauman's Chinese Theater looked like that back in the 70s? Amazing ... and that RENT-A-CAR sign was the exact same one up back then too! Good job!

#212 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO,you all think that Walt Disney Studios,who now own all the licenses to SW,is just going to let Stern Build a pin?? Go to Walmart online toy store,put in pinball toys,and bingo,there is the new Star wars pin!!$79.95!!! A TOY!!! And yes,Darth Vader is on the head of it!! Have fun! I play mine freakwently!!!

mos def. Ever since Disney bought the rights they have been licensing the crap out of SW stuff. My friend sent me a photo of a bag of oranges branded with BB8 on the label. Also keep in mind that Disney owns the Marvel rights so they have done previous contracts with Stern.

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

mos def. Ever since Disney bought the rights they have been licensing the crap out of SW stuff. My friend sent me a photo of a bag of oranges branded with BB8 on the label. Also keep in mind that Disney owns the Marvel rights so they have done previous contracts with Stern.

Not to mention Pirates and Tron. Stern's in tight w/ Disney.

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

Dead Flip is going to be live streaming from the Stern factory tonight....showing "something we have never seen played." Seems a little odd for Stern to debut a brand new game on a live stream. Maybe a prototype white wood?

spider-man home edition.

#215 7 years ago

Found the photo re: Disney going mad with licensing. Stern must have got a license!!

IMG_6905 (resized).JPGIMG_6905 (resized).JPG

#216 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Disney going mad with licensing. Stern must have got a license!!

To make lemons?

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To make lemons?

Lol my point is : if Disney is willing to license the SW name for fruit, they will issue a license for a pin.

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

they will issue a license for a pin.

They will issue a license for anything that makes money. And probably not check back and see how good it is.

They put the $ in Di$ney.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They will issue a license for anything that makes money. And probably not check back and see how good it is.
    They put the $ in Di$ney.

Their stock hasn't more than doubled in the last few years for nothing.

#220 7 years ago

And Disneyland is like that Star Trek episode where there were so many people there wasn't even standing room.

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Lol my point is : if Disney is willing to license the SW name for fruit, they will issue a license for a pin.

Disney told not to license fruit machine's any more after buy lucas art.
    Are there any new fruits?.

#222 7 years ago

These are certainly strange looking lightsabers, if Stern makes a Darth Vader LE and this pin is based on the OG trilogy its going to cost me, how couldn't I, damn pinball.

#223 7 years ago

That ain't no lightsaber!!!!

Quoted from Hazoff:

These are certainly strange looking lightsabers, if Stern makes a Darth Vader LE and this pin is based on the OG trilogy its going to cost me, how couldn't I, damn pinball.

#224 7 years ago

What day is this event next week and will anyone be streaming or covering it?

#225 7 years ago

Convention starts in 3 days are the Aerosmith logo is still up in their Facebook page.

If stern still shows up, I expect to see the 1992 and 1997 machines.

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Convention starts in 3 days are the Aerosmith logo is still up in their Facebook page.

That doesn't mean anything. If Stern wants to surprise people, they won't announce their presence there until they unveil the game. They surely won't announce it on a Facebook page.

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

That doesn't mean anything. If Stern wants to surprise people, they won't announce their presence there until they unveil the game. They surely won't announce it on a Facebook page.

Wrong, they've done it many times....prior to announcement we've seen cryptic clues, blackout screens, etc

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

If Stern wants to surprise people, they won't announce their presence there until they unveil the game.

If Stern wants to surprise people, they won't do another Star Wars machine.

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Wrong, they've done it many times....prior to announcement we've seen cryptic clues, blackout screens, etc

Not 3 days prior. More like the day before.

#230 7 years ago

I highly doubt STERN is going to change their Facebook background black before Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Doing that would effectively be about the same as them just coming right out and announcing Star Wars.

#231 7 years ago

Kind of surprised there hasn't been more leaked info on this machine. GB and AS both had leaked photos and details before announced.

#232 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Kind of surprised there hasn't been more leaked info on this machine. GB and AS both had leaked photos and details before announced.

GB was an unusually bad leak. AS was the Dirty Donny book. I'd say in general the leaks are pretty small, usually just rumors of the title, basically like what we're dealing with right now.

#233 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'd say in general the leaks are pretty small, usually just rumors of the title

Yep. I am yet to see any photos of the upcoming Pulp Fiction pinball machine.

#234 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep. I am yet to see any photos of the upcoming Pulp Fiction pinball machine.

God I hope that shit movie isn;t made into a game.

#235 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why. It won't be much different than anything else of late. Except maybe a little newer...

#236 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why. It won't be much different than anything else of late.

True, I dislike the movie but like it more than Metallica, and that turned out great. But I just have to hate it I guess becasue people keep telling me here theme is the most important thing.

#237 7 years ago

To be fair, Pulp Fiction has a more enjoyable song list than Met. At least for me.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, Pulp Fiction has a more enjoyable song list than Met.

Not by much, but agreed.

#239 7 years ago

Star Wars of Pulp Fiction, pick your poison.

Do you ever stop to think that maybe pinball is passing us by? Or maybe you've passed pinball by? Or perhaps the whole world has passed pinball on by...

#240 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Star Wars of Pulp Fiction, pick your poison.
    Do you ever stop to think that maybe pinball is passing us by? Or maybe you've passed pinball by? Or perhaps the whole world has passed pinball on by...

Hmm...yes.
    Thematically pinball has completely passed me by. I'm sort of in the middle where I'm not really interested in super hero schtik (Most the flicks are laughably bad), but I also don't like Classic Rock as a theme enough to be excited. Like I listen to Rock everyday, but I don't get 'pumped' up by the idea of the bands. Having said that, it seems it's pleasing a lot of people around here and that's what they're aiming for, so that's well.
    Now having said 'having said' that already, I am passing it by because I'm going down (ha) on themes whilst everyone else is going up; I care less aboot theme as time goes on as people care more aboot it. I can see how increasing prices help that idea along, but for me it doesn't matter much. If Aerosmith didn't look exactly like Kiss to me and came out a bit earlier, I would have bought it, played it, sold it. Star Wars is great and all, but I'm guying it because it's the next game.
    The whole world has passed pinball by long ago.

#241 7 years ago

I guess everybody has forgotten about GOT and TWD. New, relevant, not superhero related.

#242 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I guess everybody has forgotten about GOT and TWD. New, relevant, not superhero related.

I own one.

#243 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Yeah like five years ago..

Funny how those are the only two people can bring up now that we are jumping from the 80s back to the 60s and now with AS and SW to the 70s.

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't think it was a shit movie but its a shit theme for pinball.

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't think it was a shit movie but its a shit theme for pinball.

I don't see how Star Wars can be much better. Although it is a great ride at Disneyland.

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I don't see how Star Wars can be much better. Although it is a great ride at Disneyland.

Star Wars is a hell of a lot better as a theme for pinball than Pulp Fiction but to each his own, I know ur upset that Stern isn't making the Justin Beiber pin you want to keep with the times but come on man.

#247 7 years ago

'Shoot the Death Star!"

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

...says the guy with a purplish cartoony Batman machine. Hey...I LOVED the Batman show...when I was SEVEN! But it doesn't translate well now and most people don't even remember that show.

Star Wars just released two blockbuster movies with another on the way. Still as big as ever.

#249 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey...I LOVED the Batman show...when I was SEVEN! But it doesn't translate well now and most people don't even remember that show.
    Star Wars just released two blockbuster movies with another on the way. Still as big as ever.

Batman "just" released 2 blockbusters also. With more on the way

#250 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

it doesn't translate well now and most people don't even remember that show.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.