(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg
    There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

A Trekkie buying Star Wars pins?Blasphemy!

blasph (resized).jpgblasph (resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago

My guess is that they are bringing a Star Trek Pro and Premium just to piss off the hardcore Star Wars fans. LOL!

#103 7 years ago

I don't see anything about Stern on www.starwarscelebration.com If it was there it has been pulled, or I'm not smart enough to find it.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

I don't see anything about Stern on http://www.starwarscelebration.com If it was there it has been pulled, or I'm not smart enough to find it.

The entry was scrubbed, then when it was still in the search results, that was scrubbed, too. If you go back a page, you can see screen grabs before it was taken down. here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/2#post-3693529

Also the google cache of the convention exhibitor page for Stern Pinball is still there, and there's a link to that on post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/2#post-3693381

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

A Trekkie buying Star Wars pins?Blasphemy!

At the time when I signed up for pinside, I owned 3 machines, of which 2 were Star Trek machines.

Only made sense at the time to go in that direction with my screen name.

#106 7 years ago

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#107 7 years ago

youpeople (resized).jpgyoupeople (resized).jpg

#108 7 years ago

If I had a life, who would then play my machines and watch my tv?

#109 7 years ago

Maybe this guy?

star-trek-nerd (resized).jpgstar-trek-nerd (resized).jpg

#110 7 years ago

I am a Star Trek and Star Wars fan. Just having some fun. I need to order this shirt

IMG_3699 (resized).JPGIMG_3699 (resized).JPG

#111 7 years ago

You know... they way stern does business is just disappointing...
    Smart people detect they had a booth at this event... and so they go about trying to cover it up.
    Just own "it"... and ignore what we predict here. It's not like we can hold them accountable for some internet sluthing.
    Just sad they've went thru the hassle of trying to cover up what was done.

That said; maybe they did intend to announce/demo the new table at this event... and it's not ready. Maybe that's why the information was scrubbed. Regardless; the whole thing leaves me wondering WTF these boneheads in Stern are doing.

#112 7 years ago

"You a fan of the Fett?"

"No, I've always been a Star Wars fan."

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Regardless; the whole thing leaves me wondering WTF these boneheads in Stern are doing.

Aboot to drop a new SW pin and fill up their uhauls full of everyone's cash.

#114 7 years ago

I kind of enjoy their teasers and tidbits like this. It falls into the same category as "its more fun to look and search for your machine than it is to finally own it".

I'm sure many pinsiders can relate to that statement.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe this guy?

Stay on target.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

"You a fan of the Fett?"

"No, I've always been a Star Wars fan."

Bless Bruce Willis ( John McClain )

LTG : )

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Aboot to drop a new SW pin and fill up their uhauls full of everyone's cash.

Not my cash. I think I'm going to wait for second ownership. Too much risk of ass-o-nine prices, poor quality, crap code, and finally Chinese quality.

#118 7 years ago

So once again, everybody has put away their pitchforks to Stern's playfield issues, due to another grail pin coming out.

Amazing!!!

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So once again, everybody has put away their pitchforks to Stern's playfield issues, due to another grail pin coming out.
    Amazing!!!

that was so 2016...

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

that was so 2016...

...and still not resolved.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

...and still not resolved.

I really do not agree there. Do you personally have an unresolved issue with Stern? There are plenty of playfield issues with every manufacturer. There are plenty of threads with lots of complaining. Please post your comments about issues there.

This forum has been an extremely reliable source for new releases from Stern for us. If Star wars is going to come out, we are in. I have harassed our distro in Aus and they never take a deposit or tell us what is coming up. When the machine is announced, first in with a deposit gets the machine.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I really do not agree there. Do you personally have an unresolved issue with Stern? There are plenty of playfield issues with every manufacturer. There are plenty of threads with lots of complaining. Please post your comments about issues there.
    This forum has been an extremely reliable source for new releases from Stern for us. If Star wars is going to come out, we are in. I have harassed our distro in Aus and they never take a deposit or tell us what is coming up. When the machine is announced, first in with a deposit gets the machine.

Ah yes and here lies the problem.

Loyal collectors who have been burned by Stern have closed their wallets until their concerns have been resolved.

Yourself and others don't care and have decided to continue to give Stern money, thinking that the same thing won't happen to you.

mmmm (resized).jpgmmmm (resized).jpg

#123 7 years ago

They are professionals at blowing it with killer themes. I'd keep your expectations low.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Ah yes and here lies the problem.
    Loyal collectors who have been burned by Stern have closed their wallets until their concerns have been resolved.
    Yourself and others don't care and have decided to continue to give Stern money, thinking that the same thing won't happen to you.

Again, you have no idea what you are on about. I am a loyal collector and all our issues with Stern, have as always been resolved. Do you personally have any unresolved issues with Stern? I highly doubt it. Just causing issues where there are none to be had.
    I know of a few collectors (in Aus and USA) and all of have no unresolved issues.

#125 7 years ago

Again, you have no idea what you are on about.

Buyer Beware...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/117#post-3636154

I am a loyal collector and all our issues with Stern, have as always been resolved.

Well, at least you know what you're getting yourself into.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This is often said, but really how often does a superfan "outside of pinball" spontaneously buy a pinball machine because they like the theme?
    I can see superfans dropping quarters or dollars into a machine on location, but it takes a special type of person to buy something the value of a pinball machine.
    To me, there is very little potential of selling pinball machines to people outside the hobby. It comes down to existing pinheads who buy crazy shit already, and operators where a hot license can mean more coin drop.
    I think the KISS Army not buying up the KISSs confirmed for me that there isn't much potential, if at all.

Have you seen the crazy prices Star Wars fanboys pay for Star Wars collectibles? (I'm a collector myself, albeit I am a Battlestar Galactica collector who also loves Star Wars) Some people pay thousands for maquettes and prop replicas etc. If Stern were to reveal a pinball machine at Celebration, I have no doubt they will convert some of the collectors or casual pinball machine players into forking out the extra cash.

I look forward to whatever news comes out of Star Wars Celebration, pinball or otherwise.

#127 7 years ago

I agree with Frolic. Unless <enter franchise name> fans are already into pinball, they usually aren't interested in buying such pinball machine. Partly this may have to do with the games being designed by a third party like Stern. It's not like George Lucas himself is heavily (or even remotely) involved in the design of a pinball machine. If he were that may change the interest of fans, but otherwise they don't care to own such a game.

#128 7 years ago

May the 4th be with you

Release date of pin

#129 7 years ago

I would think George Lucas not being involved is a good thing. Don't let him mess up the pin, like he did episodes 1-3.

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

I agree with Frolic. Unless <enter franchise name> fans are already into pinball, they usually aren't interested in buying such pinball machine. Partly this may have to do with the games being designed by a third party like Stern. It's not like George Lucas himself is heavily (or even remotely) involved in the design of a pinball machine. If he were that may change the interest of fans, but otherwise they don't care to own such a game.

I think think if they were to get Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford to do the call outs, incorporate the John Williams score and mix in some Carrie Fisher from the film archives, you will find the machine would have some non-pinhead fans digging into their savings to buy one. I think that a Star Wars pin could very well be the theme that persuades people to buy their first pinball machine. It could very well be the machine that gets them into the hobby.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I would think George Lucas not being involved is a good thing. Don't let him mess up the pin, like he did episodes 1-3.

And the special editions of 4-6!

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

George Lucas isn't involved with Star Wars anymore, so your statement doesn't seem to hold any water. Star Wars fans buy all kinds of new related merchandise that he was never involved with.

#133 7 years ago

I saw a TV show once that documented Star Wars collectors. These collectors were shelling out 10's of thousands of dollars on random items to compliment their collections. I bet there's easily over 100 people out there that would buy a NIB Star Wars pin just to make sure they kept their collection as complete as possible.

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

I bet there's easily over 100 people out there that would buy a NIB Star Wars pin

even a SUPER DUPER LE one at that!

#135 7 years ago

I'd love to buy a NIB Star Wars. But there's just something in me that know's I'd probably be happier with the DE Star Wars. Unless they break out some 90's magic for this one.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I think think if they were to get Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford to do the call outs, incorporate the John Williams score and mix in some Carrie Fisher from the film archives, you will find the machine would have some non-pinhead fans digging into their savings to buy one. I think that a Star Wars pin could very well be the theme that persuades people to buy their first pinball machine. It could very well be the machine that gets them into the hobby.

By savings you mean selling a machine or two out of my collection?

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

I'd love to buy a NIB Star Wars. But there's just something in me that know's I'd probably be happier with the DE Star Wars. Unless they break out some 90's magic for this one.

This new one will make the 90's one look like Baffle Ball by comparison.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

The only reason you'd be happier is that you'd be saving $5000.

Quoted from Sinestro:

This new one will make the 90's one look like Baffle Ball by comparison.

Hey, Sinestro...do you have any inside information on this? You don't live in Chicago, do you?

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Sinestro...do you have any inside information on this? You don't live in Chicago, do you?

Nope, but my good buddy beelzeboob does, and he's VERY excited for this pin. So, I can conclude it's going to be FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Nope, but my good buddy beelzeboob does, and he's VERY excited for this pin. So, I can conclude it's going to be FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

#141 7 years ago

Harvey Birdman pin would be badass!

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That'd be the main reason. No point in spending $5000 more for just a different art package.

#143 7 years ago

Brand new game, better art package, better light shows, better display, better audio quality, better rules, more interesting layout, etc. is pretty compelling. Pricing on a pro model vs. the old Star Wars and I think the thousand or two dollars extra would be well worth it. I don't know many people that don't get bored playing any of the old Star Wars pinballs...

#144 7 years ago

I think any Steve Ritchie pin that's been in development for years, and with code by Dwight or Lyman will be a home run and worth the money. I bet on GOT and it paid off, and I think it will pay off again. Then I'm done betting for a while.

#145 7 years ago

As a player, collector, operator, and overall pinhead, I hope the rumor is true and Stern DOES announce this game at Celebration.

That said, wasn't this idea attempted before? And didn't it fail then? Has everyone forgotten Celebration 1 in 1999? Williams went and unveiled SW EP1 to the crowd and few if any noticed? And weren't those the apparent Star Wars super fans you guys are talking about? Don't think that reveal helped save that game's fate much. IS it going to be different now?

http://www.theforce.net/episode1/story/TPM_Pinball_80345.asp

#146 7 years ago

it won;t sell to non pinheads I wouldn;t think

#147 7 years ago
    new recorded callouts

This could very well happen ... he's a great voice actor and very down to Earth from what I've heard.

new recorded callouts

There is no way in hell this will happen. He's not very down to Earth from what I've heard. Something like this would be beneath him. He has never cared for the Han Solo character to boot.

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

... or Harrison Ford to do the call outs,

Wow...could you imagine the callouts from Dirty Harry with 1/10 the enthusiasms?

#149 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow...could you imagine the callouts from Dirty Harry with 1/10 the enthusiasms?

Go ahead ............................................. make ......................... my .................................... ...... ...................... day.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

Go ahead ............................................. make ......................... my .................................... ...... ...................... day.

I know a great place for some hot dogs.

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.