(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 6 years ago

What a terrible googler I am. I was looking for this the other day as I had a sneaking suspicion they would be there. Let's hope for a 40th anniversary original trilogy pin, I'd buy anything Star Wars sight unseen regardless though.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

What a terrible googler I am. I was looking for this the other day as I had a sneaking suspicion they would be there. Let's hope for a 40th anniversary original trilogy pin, I'd buy anything Star Wars sight unseen regardless though.

with a nice anniversary price

i hope this game will be based on the original trilogy and not on the Disney "crappy" movie

#53 6 years ago

Eh, as much as I like the original trilogy, I think it's been a bit overdone and I wouldn't mind a table involving the new one.

But it does feel like pinball hasn't really done SW justice with those DE and Sega tables, and Steve Ritchie table with the original movies would be great! I already love his two Star Trek tables, and this could end up being my favorite. I've got a good feeling about this!

#54 6 years ago

Being the pin-slut that I am, any new pinball machine excites me.

Although I am a little bitter with Stern right now because they haven't done much with KISS code as promised, I am still hoping for some good results in that department that will restore my confidence in that no matter what Stern pin I but, it will eventually be finished.

It may be optimism to the point of foolishness, but it does help me sleep at night, so I'll take it.

#55 6 years ago

If it is based on the original trilogy, I hope they implement the original music score. Sound is everything in a pin/movie like this. The final trailers for these new films are awesome because the music score was used so well. The music brought you into trailer.

#56 6 years ago

It would be great to see a new Star Wars pin cover episodes 1-7. 3 scene modes and a multiball mode for each film with a super wizard mode for completing everything sounds amazing

#57 6 years ago

Be very interesting to see this pin with the lcd.....

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Be very interesting to see this pin with the lcd.....

Yes indeed. Zen Pinball has done multiple digital Star Wars pinball tables and not one has clips from the films or the actual voices used by the actors in them.

Hopefully Stern has paid to use the original actors likeness and audio from the films as otherwise that would be a deal breaker for many.

Maybe Stern has hired Frank Oz to do custom Yoda callouts?! "Jackpot double you have", "Rewarded multiball you are", "1 ball locked you have *insert Yoda laugh". Lol

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

If it is based on the original trilogy, I hope they implement the original music score. Sound is everything in a pin/movie like this. The final trailers for these new films are awesome because the music score was used so well. The music brought you into trailer.

They absolutely need to include John William's score, not limited to just the opening theme. I was seriously disappointed that Stern did not include Elmer Bernstein's score in Ghostbusters.

I would love James Earl Jones and Frank Oz call outs. I imagine a game designed to allow the player to chose the light side or the dark side, each with a unique rule set and wizard mode. Perhaps there could be a feature which would allow the player to "turn" to the other side to complete additional rules and features.

Edit: Did anyone else watch the Facebook live tour of Stern's factory today? The employee talking (not sure who) denied that Stern was going to SW Celebration. He said that Disney wanted them to display previous Star Wars pinball machines, but they declined. What he said sounds like fake news to me.

#60 6 years ago

This is so exciting.

star-wars-nerds (resized).jpgstar-wars-nerds (resized).jpg

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

Edit: Did anyone else watch the Facebook live tour of Stern's factory today? The employee talking (not sure who) denied that Stern was going to SW Celebration. He said that Disney wanted them to display previous Star Wars pinball machines, but they declined. What he said sounds like fake news to me.

I noticed that to. I really hope they show something next week so I can decide what I'm doing with my Pinball funds. I can't take the wait anymore. Lol.

#62 6 years ago

A dinner by candlelight, he fills the glass, takes her hand and says...
    "I need another pin ....for the rebellion..."

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is so exciting.

Chewbacca dude abides.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

I can't quite remember, but I want to say that for the Game of Thrones announcement, STERN publicly denied it being up next, all the way until a few days before they announced it... Just sayin'...

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I noticed that to. I really hope they show something next week so I can decide what I'm doing with my Pinball funds. I can't take the wait anymore. Lol.

Haha, you don't get invited to an event as an exhibitor. You have to pay to be there. Liar, liar pants of fire! LOL

#66 6 years ago

Jody is obviously lying but it was a pretty good answer. We will wait to see what happens... sounds like it may be a teaser to showing the actual games may 4th.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Do vendors show up to promote non-Star Wars stuff?
    The timing of this just doesn't add up. Seems too soon.
    I mean, I've been wrong before, but in the end it doesn't help Stern to promote their next title too early if it isn't ready for production.

Yes. They will showcase their Star Trek line of pinball machines.

#68 6 years ago

I think all signs point to 40th Anniversay Star Wars Trilogy Pin. What better time to announce than at a special session at the celebration day on Thursday April 13th. I really just hope that the art package is on par with recent Ghostbusters and Batman 66. I love Steve's games but ART has not been the strength on those pins.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinBalt:

I think all signs point to 40th Anniversay Star Wars Trilogy Pin.

Why wouldn't they just wait until the 50th anniversary?

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinBalt:

I think all signs point to 40th Anniversay Star Wars Trilogy Pin. What better time to announce than at a special session at the celebration day on Thursday April 13th. I really just hope that the art package is on par with recent Ghostbusters and Batman 66. I love Steve's games but ART has not been the strength on those pins.

Wouldn't it be epic if Stern contracted Drew Struzan to design the artwork? Hopefully Stern will avoid using photo assets that we have seen everywhere for the last 40 years.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

Being the pin-slut that I am, any new pinball machine excites me.
    Although I am a little bitter with Stern right now because they haven't done much with KISS code as promised, I am still hoping for some good results in that department that will restore my confidence in that no matter what Stern pin I but, it will eventually be finished.
    It may be optimism to the point of foolishness, but it does help me sleep at night, so I'll take it.

You had me at "pin-slut"...

#72 6 years ago

Wow, I thought this thread would be a lot busier??

#73 6 years ago

I have checked with my sources at Stern. They assure me they will not be exhibiting at this show.

JJ

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I have checked with my sources at Stern. They assure me they will not be exhibiting at this show.
    JJ

Any guess when then?

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Too long. That's like 26 Kessel Runs away.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from LewisD:

They absolutely need to include John William's score, not limited to just the opening theme. I was seriously disappointed that Stern did not include Elmer Bernstein's score in Ghostbusters.
    I would love James Earl Jones and Frank Oz call outs. I imagine a game designed to allow the player to chose the light side or the dark side, each with a unique rule set and wizard mode. Perhaps there could be a feature which would allow the player to "turn" to the other side to complete additional rules and features.

Didn't GB have the firehouse theme? I thought for sure they use it.

I like the original music in GB. They did a good job emulating the Bernstein score.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

why not earning money till with the 40th anniversary?

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Humm, seems strange that the people hosting Star Wars Celebration would randomly pull a vendor out of thin air and say they are coming to their show. These are paid for booths etc.
    Plus Gary was / is in Florida right now so . . . Perhaps some bad info from your sources????

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Humm, seems strange that the people hosting Star Wars Celebration would randomly pull a vendor out of thin air and say they are coming to their show. These are paid for booths etc.
    Plus Gary was / is in Florida right now so . . . Perhaps some bad info for your sources????

They're probably bringing the 1992 and 1997 games with them.

I read up on the show and it's all about celebrating the last 40 years of Star Wars.

It's a Steve Ritchie machine and his last 2 games were announced in September (I don't know when AC/DC was announced).

IMO, it would make more sense to announce in September and show it at Expo in October.

#80 6 years ago

Jar Jar Super LE announced yet?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from guyincognito:

Jar Jar Super LE announced yet?

Comes with a Jar Jar bash toy where the only objective is to kill him.

Custom call outs: "Meesa thinka thisa hurta" "meesa no likea thisa" "meesa aska you to stoppa"

Anakin: "DIE!!!!!!"

#82 6 years ago

I remember people on here claiming their inside sources that no Elvira game would be announced at Texas Pinball Festival.....and we all know how that turned out.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's a Steve Ritchie machine and his last 2 games were announced in September (I don't know when AC/DC was announced).
    IMO, it would make more sense to announce in September and show it at Expo in October.

I honestly don't feel that September is anything special for a Ritchie game. It's just a coincidence on his last two games.

AC/DC was a early year release, IIRC.

#84 6 years ago

I guess if we want to look into coincidences, if you watched the Gary Stern interview at little shop of games show, there is a Star Wars manual set standing up right behind him?? Hidden tease??

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

All part of the game! You wouldn't think a pinside friendly disty would be let in on company confidential information would you now?

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

All part of the game! You wouldn't think a pinside friendly disty would be let in on company confidential information would you now?

Just follow the Facebook banner.

If it goes black next week, then we'll see Star Wars.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Or JJ knows if SW will be shown, but being a good distributor, he is playing Sterns game keeping it quite. This is not a dis on JJ, I can respect him carrying out Stern's wishes. But if he does know for sure, then personally I wouldn't have commented on this thread and if asked say "I haven't heard any news about Star Wars"

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

True that!

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Plus Gary was / is in Florida right now so . . . Perhaps some bad info from your sources????

Had plans to exhibit some stuff. but plans changed.

#89 6 years ago

Stern also no longer appears on the vendor page. (or at least I can't locate it).

#90 6 years ago

I bet they don't have a game to display yet, but maybe just some pics or a banner for a "coming soon from Stern" to stir up some interest in what may or may not be a crowd that traditionally goes for pinball. Trying to tap into a new pool of buyers by getting into market-space where nostalgia rules the day --> be it Ghostbusters or Star Wars or Thrones, etc it will sell in that space... I think that Star Wars Pinball (with a LCD video movie clips etc) will be a huge seller not only to pinheads but to the Star Wars geeks at large as well. They will be scrounging every penny to throw at Gary Stern just to get their hands on a SW pin. Game-play won't matter, Stern will have a huge seller on their hands. Ask any distributor -> even the old sucky game-play Star Wars pins bring in the cash, just like Indiana Jones, etc. Nostalgia is powerful.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from DinoBob:

Stern also no longer appears on the vendor page. (or at least I can't locate it).

DinoBob and JJ, you are correct.
    Stern are no longer listed as a vendor.

This was the link.
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Exhibitors/2860140/Stern-Pinball-Inc

The wait for a Star Wars pin continues.

#92 6 years ago

Well, it was good while it lasted.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from DinoBob:

Stern Pinball is still there on the search results:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/search-results/?epslanguage=en&kw=2860140#

But that will be gone too, once Stern reads this. Pretty sure they're going to be there, just having this taken down to cover the announcement.

EDIT: As predicted, the search result has been scrubbed now, too. At least google cached the exhibitor entry here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YZpmYZutCM8J:www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Exhibitors/2860140/Stern-Pinball-Inc+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

#94 6 years ago

My prediction: VE in May/June ( I'm guessing Iron Man, no inside info, just a gut feeling) Star Wars in September

Stern has too much of a backlog to announce Star Wars now. On their Facebook video yesterday, it showed Metallica premiums still being produced. Aerosmith still needs to be produced. I'd imagine they'll still do another run of Walking Dead, Batman and Ghostbusters.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Had plans to exhibit some stuff. but plans changed.

They said that publicly yesterday, so not really an inside scoop.

Read a interview with Gomez recently after the Areosmith artwork leaked. He baldly refused to confirm it was the next game, even going so far as to say it might have been an idea that didn't pan out.

Stern tells white lies to hide future announcements. It's acceptable.

#96 6 years ago

I they release a new machine, my guess is that it will be 3 different LE model artwork. One for each movie, and the premium will be the trilogy.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Axl:

I they release a new machine, my guess is that it will be 3 different LE model artwork. One for each movie, and the premium will be the trilogy.

Great...then I'll be stuck buying 3 LEs.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What, people are still allowed to follow Stern on FB?!

#99 6 years ago

A Trekkie buying Star Wars pins?Blasphemy!

#100 6 years ago

Here's the exhibitor floor plan with the location of Stern's booth according to the scrubbed record. So, you know, you can find it in case this nonsense about demanding Stern display all the prior Star Wars pins in a 10x20 booth is all an elaborate ruse to cover up that they will announce there.

Pretty small booth, though. Like 10'x20'?

celebration-floor (resized).jpgcelebration-floor (resized).jpg

celebration-entry (resized).jpgcelebration-entry (resized).jpg

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.