Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 515 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinwow:

From this angle it looked like it could be real lol

I'm really torn now, I should have checked the build quality of the cabinet underneath when there...

#502 1 year ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I really don't get why there wasn't a room with all star wars arcade/pinball games in it!

There was, somewhere - I have 4 or 5 friends down there and one of them posted a photo on fb of every SW arcade game short of Hankin's ESB.

#503 1 year ago

Who knows why Stern wasn't there. Maybe the machine is too revealing regarding the upcoming movie, maybe it's not ready for primetime, maybe it's something else altogether.

If the game was ready, it feels like a missed opportunity. Gary Stern recently did an interview in which he said he wanted to break into non-enthusiast rec room market, and I think doing conventions geared towards licenses is probably the smartest way to reach a part of that market. SW fans spend big money on all sorts of merchandise but probably won't know a pinball game exists unless it's thrown in the mix with Han Solo carbonite coffee table, millennium falcon beds, etc.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to a new SW pin and hope we can get some details soon.

#504 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rasavage:

maybe it's something else altogether

They reveal machines when the factory schedule is ready for them. If the factory is busy for the next X months with current production, they will not reveal anything.

#505 1 year ago
    Quoted from wontwa:

There was, somewhere - I have 4 or 5 friends down there and one of them posted a photo on fb of every SW arcade game short of Hankin's ESB.

Where the F was that?
    The stupid show guide didn't have a map...
    The site could have been better coordinated...

#506 1 year ago

This was posted by Steve Richie on Facebook. I see some Star Trek references... but like many in the thread; we seem to think it's related to this rumored game.

I have NO insider knowledge; just though it helps shed some light *IF* this is the game Ritchie is working on:
    Steve Ritchie FaceBook
    I suspect this new deadline is probably the 4th of next month.

#507 1 year ago
    Quoted from wontwa:

So I double checked, it wasn't at the main event, it was a side 501st event...

http://skaught.com/501st/bash/

#508 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

This was posted by Steve Richie on Facebook. I see some Star Trek references... but like many in the thread; we seem to think it's related to this rumored game.

ST VE based on the OG series would be so great, maybe a whole new ST game based on the films? Oh yeah. Star Wars would also be great, good times ahead.

#509 1 year ago

I remember when Data East Star Wars first came out and thought it was an outdated theme then.

#510 1 year ago

The title of this thread should be changed now.

How about "Stern to release Star Wars info on May 4th?"

#511 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I have NO insider knowledge; just though it helps shed some light *IF* this is the game Ritchie is working on:

I suspect this new deadline is probably the 4th of next month.

this...

getaway (resized).jpg

#512 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rasavage:

Who knows why Stern wasn't there. Maybe the machine is too revealing regarding the upcoming movie, maybe it's not ready for primetime, maybe it's something else altogether.
    If the game was ready, it feels like a missed opportunity. Gary Stern recently did an interview in which he said he wanted to break into non-enthusiast rec room market, and I think doing conventions geared towards licenses is probably the smartest way to reach a part of that market. SW fans spend big money on all sorts of merchandise but probably won't know a pinball game exists unless it's thrown in the mix with Han Solo carbonite coffee table, millennium falcon beds, etc.
    Regardless, I'm looking forward to a new SW pin and hope we can get some details soon.

They can go next year when the pin is ready. It's not that big of a deal. They'll be making a SW pin for a few years so SW fans who aren't into the pin community will eventually hear about it.

#513 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember when Data East Star Wars first came out and thought it was an outdated theme then.

And then 25 years later you bought a machine based on a 50 year old theme.

#514 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And then 25 years later you bought a machine based on a 50 year old theme.

And shortly thereafter sold it. Just like the last one.

They don't give you many choices these days if you want something really new.

I won't be buying Star Wars and probably won't even want to play it. Over it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    $ 40.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    $ 199.99
    There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside