(Topic ID: 185475)

Stern Attending Star Wars Celebration 2017?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway (resized).jpg
    RitchieFaceBook (resized).png
    IMG_2785 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
    Unknown-4 (resized).jpg
    49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f (resized).jpg
    luke eyes.gif
    insurrection (resized).JPG
    20170413_141502 (resized).jpg
    20170413_123902 (resized).jpg
    F80EAC4C-5275-4EB7-8985-BDFC357B3EFD-3792-0000020BC22EE425 (resized).jpeg
    20170413_122210 (resized).jpg
    0000000000000000 (resized).png
    20170413_120104 (resized).jpg
    20170413_115624 (resized).jpg
    20170413_113639 (resized).jpg
    There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Prenups=eventual divorce
    Or just be up front with your wife and get whatever machine you want. Works for me.
    Or just be single, buy every machine that comes out, and die alone in a bed of your own filth.
    No matter which path you choose, only one thing in this hobby seems to make any sense on this particular day: Just listen to JJ when he says something...dude knows his s**t.

Marriage = eventual divorce

#452 7 years ago

I did end up interviewing a rep from Zen pinball though.

#453 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Marriage in recent decades is about a 50% success rate.

#454 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Wow, man...you are a ray of sunshine. My wife and I will never get divorced...best thing I ever did. If I didn't get married, I wouldn't be in the hobby now. We have GOT to get together so that you can share your wit and wisdom on marriage with her. Can't wait to see her face...

Unknown-4 (resized).jpgUnknown-4 (resized).jpg

#455 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow, man...you are a ray of sunshine. My wife and I will never get divorced...best thing I ever did.

Some people have only seen bad marriages ... I used to think exactly like Trekkie1978 ... after 9 years of marriage (21 years total if you count the years we've been together ... don't ask why that was the case ) I can say my opinion has changed quite a bit . In some people's world, your "Debbie Downer" is "reality" ... trust me, I've been there.

While I loved my dad, he was a drunk and treated my mom like trash ... when you see that as a kid, your views on marriage get warped. He finally got sober, but he and my mom were long over.

I was never one to buy much into psychobabble nonsense, but I can certainly see a correlation between that childhood experience and the views I had on marriage throughout my 20s and early 30s .

#456 7 years ago

Still shipping before Alien LE!

#457 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Still shipping before Alien LE!

I really wish betting odds in Vegas existed.

#458 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife and I will never get divorced.

She has an escape plan, trust me. All women do.

#459 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

She has an escape plan, trust me. All women do.

sssssh, he still likes his neighbour/best friend/pizzadeliveryguy/doctor

#460 7 years ago

Just read a write up about Day 1 here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77639

sounds like a cool event.

#461 7 years ago

I have found this thread quite entertaining the theories people have had on will they be there then why there were not there my theory is Stern was telling the truth on the FB live feed around the 7:30 mark

#462 7 years ago

I tell ya though, the Zen pinball cabinet got oohs and awes, I know that a Stern one would have got great attention!

#463 7 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I have found this thread quite entertaining the theories people have had on will they be there then why there were not there my theory is Stern was telling the truth on the FB live feed around the 7:30 mark

What was that?

#464 7 years ago

New trailer for The Last Jedi:

Also, just saw this amazing tribute to Carrie Fisher:

#465 7 years ago

December can't get here fast enough.

#466 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

December can't get here fast enough.

Cool tradition too. Take the kids each Christmas break. Gonna be awesome.

#467 7 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cool tradition too. Take the kids each Christmas break. Gonna be awesome.

Star Wars is their new "forever franchise". There won't be a Christmas in the foreseeable future that won't have a new Star Wars flick. Kids will grow up thinking Kathleen Kennedy is the Santa Claus. I wish I was born today instead of 40 years ago.

Quoted from DCFAN:

New trailer for The Last Jedi:

Underwhelming AF

#468 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

I don't think they were using Auto-Focus.

#469 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

I don't think they want a lot of spoilers for this film.

#470 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

If you have the attention span and patience of a millennial.

#471 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

Good grief, it's a first teaser trailer.... they don't show a lot.

#472 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

I think the teaser trailer was fantastic. Just the right amount of information that teases the movie to come. That is the point of a teaser; Purposefully vague, leaving you with wanting more. I can't wait for more. They already have my money.

#473 7 years ago

Less is more, for certain. At this point Disney has shown good stewardship over Star Wars, they have less to prove to us, so no need to give the farm away in early trailers.

#474 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Less is more, for certain. At this point Disney has shown good stewardship over Star Wars, they have less to prove to us, so no need to give the farm away in early trailers.

I just hope they keep Gareth Edwards as far away from the series as possible.

#475 7 years ago

Forgot to upload/post this...

#476 7 years ago

I clocked it from my photo time stamps at 20 minutes from door to will call for me of a Thursday. 95% ninja/5% gangster...

#477 7 years ago

From this angle it looked like it could be real lol

IMG_3094 (resized).JPGIMG_3094 (resized).JPG

#478 7 years ago

Following

#479 7 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Underwhelming AF

Agree with you there; no matter what the geek squad is chirping aboot.

Here's how you make a teaser that isn;t underwhelming

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

I think the teaser trailer was fantastic. Just the right amount of information that teases the movie to come. That is the point of a teaser; Purposefully vague, leaving you with wanting more. I can't wait for more. They already have my money.

To be fair. I was sitting with my eyes peeled on the live stream and had read all the rumors that the first teaser would be more like a full featured trailer. Luke speaking into black frames (or landscape sweeps) and random shots of non-contextual scenes sure as hell is a teaser as all we learned was that Luke actually have lines in this movie. Not any of the new characters were in it either which was a bit disappointing. Ah well, I'll get of my soapbox now and get back to my sorry-ass-fanboy-self and watch it again for the 20th times.

Edit: Here's where my expectations were (note this was not the first Force Awakens teaser):

#481 7 years ago

Man, if Stern was going to show their new Star Wars pin, did they really blow it. A lot of people their who will buy anything Star Wars. I have a lot of non-arcade and pinball friends who are really into anything Star Wars and have Star Wars Trilogy arcade, sit down pod racer, Data East SW, Sega SW and SW pinball 2000. Not because it's pinball but it's Star Wars. These guys (and gals), spend thousands on Star Wars stuff, Stern should have brought something to this massive core of possible buyers. They won't get a chance like this again to show it off at this big of an event. Bummer.

#482 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

No matter which path you choose, only one thing in this hobby seems to make any sense on this particular day: Just listen to JJ when he says something...dude knows his s**t.

Ha I dunno about this! I try but even I get stuff wrong once in a while! but thanks for the Props!

JJ

#483 7 years ago

I say good for Stern!!

If it wasn't ready it's not time. Wasn't there a famous ad that went off that motto?

#484 7 years ago

So what is stopping Stern from showing up next year, when they actually have machines manufactured, ready for sale? Seems a lot better strategy than showing something that you can't even buy today.

#485 7 years ago

BM66 wasn't ready for Expo. They managed to mockup 3 games with an attract mode going just in time for the show. This time maybe they figured they either needed something playable, as just showing a box of light may not work a second time? Either way: big event, game not ready. Maybe there is a new pattern to spot? Maybe the game was never intended to be shown there, but some sort of teaser. Who knows?

#486 7 years ago

I would rather Stern take their time and get it right because there are so many ways to mess this title up. Hopefully they have been listening and paying attention to what sells; hand drawn art, based on the original trilogy, great rules and code out of the gate, cool toy/s, unique layout, awesome call outs by hopefully one of the actors, so many aspects to get this title right.

#487 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

there are so many ways to mess this title up.

Like making one?

#488 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Like making one?

No, like putting photoshopped pictures everywhere on the playfield and back glass, a Death Star bash toy, weak no name call outs, just movie excerpts on the display instead of custom dots, etc etc. Do it right or don't do it at all IMO.

#489 7 years ago

Well, if you like HS2 and Nascar, this may be the perfect game for you.

#490 7 years ago

They could have been a lot more behind in the process than they had liked. I'm sure registration for this expo had to happen quite a while back. There's a lot than can happen, or not happen in that time, and it's better to be prepared and get the space, than to wished you had.

I'm sure Stern still had to pay for it, even if they didn't show up.

#491 7 years ago

Or someone at stern marketing is laughing his ass of

My evil sceam worked everyone is talking stern and starwars
    so nobody will expect our new pin to be ...... care bears the pinball rainbow adventure

Insert evil laugh

#492 7 years ago

To call that trailer underwhelming is being kind. After watching it, I was like, why bother?

#495 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Droids
    » YouTube video

IMG_2785 (resized).PNGIMG_2785 (resized).PNG

#496 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow, man...you are a ray of sunshine

That's funny coming from this guy...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or just be single, buy every machine that comes out, and die alone in a bed of your own filth.

So your saying it's better to die in a bed of someone else's filth?

#497 7 years ago

I rate this event 3/10...
    Maybe Stern could have bumped it to a 4 or 5...

#498 7 years ago

I really don't get why there wasn't a room with all star wars arcade/pinball games in it!
    Some star wars nerd collector would bring a game for a VIP pass.

This event was shilling to mega die hard that like not sleeping and like to lay down in lines and for those addicted to buying stuff.

#499 7 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

Man, if Stern was going to show their new Star Wars pin, did they really blow it.

I KNOW! They probably won't sell ANY now....

#500 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I KNOW! They probably won't sell ANY now....

Exactly, only just about a few thousand hahaha!

There are 515 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-attending-star-wars-celebration-2017/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.