(Topic ID: 206877)

Stern at CES

By Kkuoppamaki

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

469888A2-787B-426A-BF0E-CCE2F82CAF88 (resized).jpeg
    15CE31F7-17A2-40F8-9821-EBBBD7D40295 (resized).jpeg
    4FB9B203-7623-4D3E-B4B8-20C933805FB1 (resized).jpeg
    20180111_104759.jpg
    20180111_104815.jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Seems like Stern will have a booth at 2018 CES in Las Vegas this week. Previous years they've announced new pins or other major changes such as the Spike system. Any rumors on what they might announce this year?

#2 6 years ago

Iron Maiden Baby !!! Lets hope, shall we.

#3 6 years ago

If I had access I would drive there and answer that question personally.

Never been to c e s .

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Never been to c e s

I went in 2012, it was not a fun show unless TVs, survaliance systems, or stereo systems are your thing. Stern did have The Pin there when I went, which was cool, but the show had like three other booths that interested me.

#5 6 years ago

I'll be there this week, I'll make sure to check out the Stern booth and report. I was just curious if anyone had heard any rumors on new announcements

#6 6 years ago

Probably to early with Guardians just released but you never know.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Iron Maiden Baby !!! Lets hope, shall we.

Please let it be iron maiden I want that game so bad!!!!

#8 6 years ago

Finally dropping Jaws...good work Stern!

#9 6 years ago

Y'all got it ALL wrong....... Big Trouble in Little China!!!!

#10 6 years ago

The Pork Chop Express!!

You're gonna need a bigger boat....

Both could be great .

#11 6 years ago

My crew from the Best Buy corporate office are out there right now. I gave instructions to send me any pinball related pics from the Stern booth as soon as they are able. I'll share what I get on this thread.

#12 6 years ago

Last year Stern announced a Spider-Man vault. Hopefully Stern will announce another vault.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Last year Stern announced a Spider-Man vault. Hopefully Stern will announce another vault.

That was January 2016.

#14 6 years ago

finally a music theme not based on old rock bands. something younger players will reflect with and actually play on location. fingers crossed!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

That was January 2016.

Time flies when you are having fun! Can you remember if anything was announced last year at CES? AS?

#16 6 years ago

Time flies when you are having fun! Can you remember if anything was announced last year at CES? AS?

AS was pretty much a known quantity from latter 2016 due to Dirty Donny's book.

But press release came during CES. Can't remember if they had machines there or not.

#17 6 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of Jaws yet?

#19 6 years ago

I went to their booth today. Nothing new.

Batman 66, Star Wars and guardians

#20 6 years ago

Last year was Aerosmith and the pin Spider-Man.

#21 6 years ago

WWE Summerslam CM Punk Autographed Edition #GTS

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Does anyone have pictures of Jaws yet?

??

#23 6 years ago

Any mention of them showing the forever delayed oculus rift Pinball arcade? They mention in release but looks to be outdated. It's like they don't even care anymore

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Any mention of them showing the forever delayed oculus rift Pinball arcade? They mention in release but looks to be outdated. It's like they don't even care anymore

Is farsight at ces?

#25 6 years ago

What's the code on the Guardians games on the floor? Anything new?

#26 6 years ago

Finally made it to stern booth today, it was nice but nothing new. Just 5 pins, SW pro and premium, GoTG pro and premium and Batman. Played a few games, and it was busy but no news really. Gary, Jody et al were all there but didn't talk to them.

20180111_104815.jpg20180111_104815.jpg

20180111_104759.jpg20180111_104759.jpg

#27 6 years ago

It's going to take a lot for me to get excited about something from Stern again. And by something, I mean something on the playfield!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

It's going to take a lot for me to get excited about something from Stern again. And by something, I mean something on the playfield!

Would Keith Elwin, Zombie Yeti, + Maiden do it?

#29 6 years ago

Wish I could have gone!

#30 6 years ago

Just dropped my name on guardians

#31 6 years ago

Ask where the heck the Star Wars accessories are!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Y'all got it ALL wrong....... Big Trouble in Little China!!!!

If there is any justice in the world, that's a JJP title.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Guardians has plenty going on physically. There's a lot to shoot for, but that game's fatal flaw is its software. Not great.

#34 6 years ago

I absolutely hate the current design of the Stern cabinets with that crappy DMD. It just looks cheap and cheesy compared to what other companies are putting out!

#35 6 years ago

Is JJP at the CES?

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is JJP at the CES?

No

Quoted from Chicoman:

I absolutely hate the current design of the Stern cabinets with that crappy DMD. It just looks cheap and cheesy compared to what other companies are putting out!

I think it’s great location and size but the art used is meh. Guardians is pretty good. Batman is good and even Aerosmith is nice but sw is mehhhh

1 week later
    #38 6 years ago

sorry to bump an old thread but no one saw The Pinball Arcade VR for oculus rift at the stern both like last year right? They said it was at the show but didn't see it.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

sorry to bump an old thread but no one saw The Pinball Arcade VR for oculus rift at the stern both like last year right? They said it was at the show but didn't see it.

It was there. They had 2 desks with consoles and TPA playing on all. It was on the one near guardians pro

#40 6 years ago

Wow really? Oculus rift VR tpa still alive. Damn. Good to hear.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Wow really? Oculus rift VR tpa still alive. Damn. Good to hear.

Haha I saw an old guy just looking around in amazement. Wanted to try but they didn’t have wipes I don’t think to clean off the headset and we’ll ces is a big show so that would of been nice.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Haha I saw an old guy just looking around in amazement. Wanted to try but they didn’t have wipes I don’t think to clean off the headset and we’ll ces is a big show so that would of been nice.

I wouldn't have tried it without wipes, either. Sony spread pinkeye via the headset the first year they showed PlayStation VR at E3, which was nice. Demo station roulette.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't have tried it without wipes, either. Sony spread pinkeye via the headset the first year they showed PlayStation VR at E3, which was nice. Demo station roulette.

200k people from around the world, you betcha I would too. Ish.

#44 6 years ago

Some pics when I was there. They had a good showing all in all. Nice that they were in a different spot this year, more visible near the south hall enterance.

4FB9B203-7623-4D3E-B4B8-20C933805FB1 (resized).jpeg4FB9B203-7623-4D3E-B4B8-20C933805FB1 (resized).jpeg

15CE31F7-17A2-40F8-9821-EBBBD7D40295 (resized).jpeg15CE31F7-17A2-40F8-9821-EBBBD7D40295 (resized).jpeg

#45 6 years ago

Here is the top of the pilar. It was cool as it was a pop cap and ramp w/ ball

469888A2-787B-426A-BF0E-CCE2F82CAF88 (resized).jpeg469888A2-787B-426A-BF0E-CCE2F82CAF88 (resized).jpeg

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Here is the top of the pilar. It was cool as it was a pop cap and ramp w/ ball

Giant penis, got it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-at-ces?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.