Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by frolic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1510963_10152127366124244_749785978_n.jpg
    Pin-Transformers-Top-01a.jpeg
    1463240_10152125006184244_1149346422_n.jpg
    stern_CES.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Let's do a caption contest:
    stern_CES.jpgstern_CES.jpg
    1. Do you know how I get back to the lower level?
    Nooo sorry I don't, they just pay me to hold this sign
    2. They pay me to apologize for late code
    giggle
    3. Have you ever played a pinball machine?
    Pinball? What is that?
    4. Well let me give you a little bit of background, every pinball machine has more wire than a ford taurus, and just as labor-intesive as one. There's over 3,500 parts that go into a pinball machine....
    Oh look at the time, it's time for my lunch break

#2 10 years ago

Classic...

#3 10 years ago

1)
    GS - wow that's amazing!
    Chick - <giggle> what?

2)
    GS - well you're holding a sign saying mefinder and you have found me!
    Chick - oh, yeah I see <meh>...funny.

3)
    GS - Don't i know you from somewhere, do you like ACDC?
    Chick - er wot grandad?

4)
    GS - Yeah I know, you were mostly on all fours, horns under the feathers eh.........Luci?
    Chick - eww you're starting to scare me now you creepy old git, security!

#4 10 years ago

^^ Nice

#5 10 years ago

What is Stern promoting at CES this year? Last year they had The Pin.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

What is Stern promoting at CES this year? Last year they had The Pin.

Still promoting the two "the pin"s, upcoming mustang, plus metallica, star trek, and AC/DC luci edition
    1463240_10152125006184244_1149346422_n.jpg1463240_10152125006184244_1149346422_n.jpg

Call me crazy, but does it look like they changed the backbox design AGAIN on the pin? I mean it looks better now (less toy-ish, perhaps even real wood now?), but I hope they didn't pay for tooling on the previous design:
    Pin-Transformers-Top-01a.jpegPin-Transformers-Top-01a.jpeg

Here's a closeup of the latest edition on their website (way to confuse the consumer by leaving the old version video on the same page). Also looks like you can ONLY buy the pin directly from Stern, doesn't seem to be a link to the one distributor they had
    http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/transformers-pin.aspx

I'm surprised marketing doesn't come up with a better name, like maybe the cabaret edition?

#7 10 years ago

Man, people say a lot about Gary, but he sure can work. Working these shows is tough and exhausting, he always seems to be at a show somewhere in the world.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Man, people say a lot about Gary, but he sure can work. Working these shows is tough and exhausting, he always seems to be at a show somewhere in the world.

I've got nothing but respect for him. (Jack too)

#9 10 years ago

Did you know our pinball machines have more parts than a Ford Taurus.....

#10 10 years ago

what did all the WPT pics have to do with this? I'm confused.

#11 10 years ago

1. GS Wow, that's quite a hat you're wearing. And what wonderful cleavage. Do I know you?
    Bimbo Hi Gramps. Is your name Methusalah?
    2. GS Your boobs look so luscious. I simply want to reach out and touch them.
    Bimbo Easy Gramps. You old geezers are all alike. Just like the guy I had to sleep with to get this plum job.
    3. GS You mean you sleep with old coots like me just so you can work holding a sign?
    Bimbo Well Gramps, there's more to it than that. He threw in this nice set of boobs.....the finest that money can buy. Aren't they sweet?
    4. GS Say, I have a pinball machine company. A pinball machine is something people put money in so they can bat a silver ball around for a short while. It seems no matter how much I raise the price on the machines, buyers still keep buying them. Many of the machines aren't even complete when we sell them.....yet the buyers simply can't get enough.
    Bimbo Wow. You are pretty smart. Hey Gramps, for a guy old enough to be my grandfather, you're kind of cute. this gig holding the sign is way over rated, the damned hat weighs a ton.....and I really really want a new Corvette..........

#12 10 years ago

"Have you ever done programming before? I told my customers that they would be getting updates soon, and I need some help with this dang computer thingy"

#13 10 years ago

"They call me Boobie McGiantHat. I'm not sure why."

"That's interesting. They call me The Three-Legged Stool."

#14 10 years ago

This isn't a slam so don't read into this wrong. When he is at these conventions he is a hype man. Just talks about the games/his company. How is that tough and exhausting work? If you are the creative type you can talk for hours about yourself and the company you run with no problems. Hard work comes from the designers and line workers.

Quoted from frolic:

#15 10 years ago

I gotta say, I almost spit my coffee seeing that picture of the Transformers. I had never seen it before.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

This isn't a slam so don't read into this wrong. When he is at these conventions he is a hype man. Just talks about the games/his company. How is that tough and exhausting work? If you are the creative type you can talk for hours about yourself and the company you run with no problems. Hard work comes from the designers and line workers.

Conventions are tough. You're on your feet all day, and between the dry air, all the talking and of course boozing, you get super dehydrated.

This caption contest would be a lot more if it were Python Angelo.

#17 10 years ago

Their latest image.

Id love to tongue in those cheeks, lol.

1510963_10152127366124244_749785978_n.jpg1510963_10152127366124244_749785978_n.jpg
    #19 10 years ago

They did re-design the "Pin". They also raised the price. $3499 MSRP, $2999 actual cost.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

They did re-design the "Pin". They also raised the price. $3499 MSRP, $2999 actual cost.

thats on the transformers?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

thats on the transformers?

And Avengers "Pin".

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Let's do a caption contest:

...someone's interest is fading (and it's not Gary's)

#23 10 years ago

any idea of how many "Pins" they have sold? Are these "pins" line learders?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Their latest image.
    Id love to tongue in those cheeks, lol.

1510963_10152127366124244_749785... 81 KB

Daaaaam dat ass

#25 10 years ago

I saw a video this morning with Gary being interviewed by CNET where he claimed the SRP for the Pin was $2499 (sorry, don't remember where)...he also again got confused about Rollercoaster Tycoon being on Pinball Arcade...

Update: this video was actually from last year...oops.
    http://cnettv.cnet.com/gary-stern-brings-pinball-ces/9742-1_53-50139196.html

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I saw a video this morning with Gary being interviewed by CNET where he claimed the SRP for the Pin was $2499 (sorry, don't remember where)...he also again got confused about Rollercoaster Tycoon being on Pinball Arcade...

that video was from last year. I remember seeing that then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-at-ces-tongue-in-cheek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.