(Topic ID: 124033)

Stern asking what code does Avengers need? Post here!

By Butch2099

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
images-4_(resized).jpeg
Unknown-8_(resized).jpeg
image.png
ZomboDroid11112015104604.jpg
NevaehsHappyHulk2.jpg
avengers.jpg
20150923_200115.jpg
heighwaypinball3.jpg
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-wherethecode-avengers-head.jpg
stern_logo_inc.png
hulk-cry.jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-18-22-39-25.png
Unknown-5.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

We previously formed a thread for these issues:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list
The things that I feel would improve the game the most are:
-For the Vs. modes, allow the user to go in the settings and select the number of shots required to win each Vs. mode (I believe there is already a setting for the amount of ball save time for Vs. modes which is good, but it would be much more fun to be able to also set in the settings the number of shots required to finish the modes to make them more achievable based on the player's abilities)
-when extra ball is lit make the Black Widow shot send the ball to the Hulk VUK/scoop (make an option in the software for the diverter to divert and send the ball to the Hulk VUK instead of the left habitrail/inlane). Trying to shoot the scoop/hole directly for extra ball is frustrating and pure luck most of the time
-Lower the multipliers that the Nick Fury shot awards by about half (those multipliers are far too unbalanced in relation to the rest of the scoring)
-double the multiplier bonus for the pop bumper lanes to make them more valuable (there are six pop bumper lane lights so it is not easy to rack up those multipliers so why not make them more rewarding)
-combos would add some extra fun to the shot making and since the shots are tight they could be made a little more valuable than most wide open games (the menu system already has placeholders for combos), also initials for combo champion and maybe best combo like in spider-man
-Attract sounds when flippers pressed (as simple request)
-Thor flasher bug
-Fix the H target reset problem as described in the posts above
-Battle for Earth add animations
If Stern did those changes to Avengers I would never say another thing about the game needing anything (except if a bug was noticed of course I would let them know).

This and spinner rules.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

What about a ball save on AOTH? Nothing like finally completing Black Widow (and all the rest) only to insta-drain on AOTH.

I like this. Maybe it comes on for a few seconds when you complete a hero or nail a combo. Or maybe an earn able add a ball during the round. It should also light EB when finished. You need slot of EBs to finish this game.

#55 9 years ago

Progress is currently saved on versus modes.

1 month later
#105 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but Avengers has a tournament weakness, competition players shoot Loki all day long. The left orbit will keep building towards Loki MB, and Hawkeye VS MB... so it's a "safe" tournament strategy. I wonder how this can be addressed? Somehow stopping both Loki and Hawkeye from requalifying if they don't do anything else.

This is true. And an old complaint.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

One other tournament issue is the ball lock gets confused, can give extra balls when not supposed to, especially in multiplayer games.
Maybe an option to turn off physical ball lock, have a virtual option.

This is complete and utter BS. Do you own the game? Never happened to me. In over 1,000 plays. N E V E R. I swear to god, there's enough hate for this game already. Stop the bullshit rumors.

#108 8 years ago

So an extra ball from the ball lock? I guess I missed that part. I've seen a lot of machines get confused with regard to physical ball locks and I'd hardly call it a chronic issue on Avengers. I won't say it never happens. I will say it is very infrequent and not a recurring design flaw in my estimation.

3 months later
#211 8 years ago

What are the rules for the SPINNER? GEORGE!?

#255 8 years ago

Spinner RULZ. nuff said. Actually, no it isn't. Wiz mode dots. hello? You've just made the wiz mode! Congrats! Here are some cool sounds to entertain you while you hit the same shots you've hit 1 trillion times already ANOTHER 4 times EACH. Yes! A 6 ball (6 balls!!) wizard mode with no dots. Sucks AZZ G-E-O-R-G-E.

Few people praised AVLE more than me....but Jesus H freaking Christ...polish the code and be done with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-asking-what-code-does-avengers-need-post-here?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.